1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On rare occasion HT does in fact improve things -- like adding hair to ESB Yoda. It is possible that this helmet was improved previously but not in time for proto photos.

We'll all know soon enough.

I hope you're right. I doubt they would have been touting how great their severely incorrect new helmet was on Instagram and Facebook if they had already make a better helmet. Then again, who knows? Maybe they fast tracked the fixes on this one. As you said, we'll all know soon enough.

I think just given the fact that we received Grand Moff Tarkin shows me that they care about the line. I mean who thought we'd get him a few years ago and be a fantastic release as well?

Well, they did use Tarkin to sell more Vaders. :lol Wonder if he would have gotten made if he never worked with Vader...?

That once again gives hope to Krennic. They could sell the RO Vader 2-pack with Krennic.

Maybe Count Dooku will become Count Dookie in production. I know there are people who love that Tarkin figure, but there was a major change in the quality of the likeness on that figure since the prototype.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
No there wasn’t. Do you own the figure?

The hair became a bit brown and they’ve been over-glossing the eyes on some newer figures (like Hoth Leia too) but Tarkin is probably the best SW sculpt on my shelf. He held up really well through production.

On rare occasion HT does in fact improve things -- like adding hair to ESB Yoda. It is possible that this helmet was improved previously but not in time for proto photos.

We'll all know soon enough.

Still bugs me that they had the mixture of the painted hair and added hair. The new one they went all the way with the real hair (cotton fuzz or whatever) and it looks great.

No there wasn’t. Do you own the figure?

The hair became a bit brown and they’ve been over-glossing the eyes on some newer figures (like Hoth Leia too) but Tarkin is probably the best SW sculpt on my shelf. He held up really well through production.

I don't, but I've seen both the prototype and a production figure in person, and I disagree.

glad to be getting fett earlier than expected, i'm pretty sure the final product will not dissapoint, even the animated version turned out great so i don't see why this one would be any different.

I don't, but I've seen both the prototype and a production figure in person, and I disagree.

Tarkin in the display looks stellar but as you say the proto is a bit different. Sculpt’s the same, just the paint apps they used make him look 10 yrs younger or a more healthier looking Grand Moff... not as pasty/pale as the promo shots. Kinda like he just got back from a weeks vacation on Tattooine :) I’d prefer paler skin, greyish light blue eyes and more distinguished hair.
Also super stoked on Deluxe Fett. Preordered 2 😛

Tarkin in the display looks stellar but as you say the proto is a bit different. Sculpt’s the same, just the paint apps they used make him look 10 yrs younger or a more healthier looking Grand Moff... not as pasty/pale as the promo shots. Kinda like he just got back from a weeks vacation on Tattooine :) I’d prefer paler skin, greyish light blue eyes and more distinguished hair.
Also super stoked on Deluxe Fett. Preordered 2 [emoji14]

“A bit different” I’d agree with, just not the “major change” part. The paint app is definitely sharper and more detailed in the proto, and has him looking older, but along with ANH Leia it’s probably still the best OT SW sculpt they’ve released. I’m not even sure it’s even close for the next release after those two.

“A bit different” I’d agree with, just not the “major change” part. The paint app is definitely sharper and more detailed in the proto, and has him looking older, but along with ANH Leia it’s probably still the best OT SW sculpt they’ve released. I’m not even sure it’s even close for the next release after those two.

For me the paint apps along with the cut and color of the uniform are a big step down from proto to production...especially the hair color...
The proto was perfection..

For me the paint apps along with the cut and color of the uniform are a big step down from proto to production...especially the hair color...
The proto was perfection..

Fair enough, we all see things different and have things that are more important. At the end of the day I can’t keep comparing to the prototypes since none of my other figures are anything but production figures.

The hair is a bummer since it’s such an easy thing to get right and they had it right. But the one-off prototype paint apps just don’t seem realistic as an expectation.

Compared with the other figures on the shelf I think he’s just as high quality-wise as most, Obi-Wan might have better paint apps but looks nothing like the source in comparison so it ends up being moot. The color of the suit did lose a lot of the olive. I admittedly prefer the more gray look, but know the olive is supposed to be more accurate.

So glad this coming early. I really wish they'd added some texture to the gloves as they look too "plastic-y" but for me that's the only gripe.

Sent from a point in space and time

So glad this coming early. I really wish they'd added some texture to the gloves as they look too "plastic-y" but for me that's the only gripe.

Sent from a point in space and time

Agreed on the gloves. Once I take a closer look at pics of the actual props I plan on spraying down with a clear coat of semigloss or matte. Simple fix and should make a big difference in the presentation, cus they stick out like a sore thumb. pun somewhat intended.

Well, they did use Tarkin to sell more Vaders. :lol Wonder if he would have gotten made if he never worked with Vader...?

That once again gives hope to Krennic. They could sell the RO Vader 2-pack with Krennic.

That's not a bad possibility actually. They've gotta space out their Vader releases.

Then again they may have decided to go with Tarkin instead of Krennic for R1. [emoji20]

That would suck.

Sideshow sent an early arrival email a few days ago saying it was coming in Aug/Sept.

I still love my SS Deluxe Fett (the one with the base). I have updated him with HT ROTJ belt pockets and jet pack (yeah I know not screen accurate sorry Hardcore folks). I have ESB HT Fett on preorder but not sure how excited I will be since I already own him in 1/6 scale. I guess I will wait and see.

Back