1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hot toys rotj owners - how do you feel the production piece's helmet/armor weathering compares to the proto/promo pics from ht? pretty close?

It's frustrating but I keep checking this thread in hope that HT posted pictures of this figure with a new sculpt. As much as I'd like to have an articulated 12" HT Boba Fett in my collection, the helmet sculpt is simply off. HT should ask the people at Hasbro to help them out- they managed to sculpt the perfect Boba bucket in the 3 3/4" scale.

People are saying it’s not accurate. It seems based on movie still the ESB bucket was much wider at the bottom. Other things too like the visor not the right shape.
ad528280638bb100852c1a1bbe8f6696.jpg

4df292bb47a343e73012b9535abefaf4.jpg

I really do miss the flare in the helmet. But don’t you think that a big part of the problem lies in that all the HT pictures are taken with him looking down, when he was always looking straight out or up in the movie? That is clear in this comparison anyways. I’d like to see a picture where his head tilts the same way in both photos. Hope it looks better when looking up a bit.

Here's one. Opposite angle, but still close enough to tell I think. Spazz posted some other pics back in January where the angles from the movie still and Hot Toys' pics are very close, to..
It might be worth sending this picture along as well to remind Hot Toys that both triangle indents above the visor should both actually be triangles as opposed to one triangle and...well...a not fully formed triangle.
View attachment 389378

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes. Looks better, but still misses some of the so important flare. Though it does have some flare.

One should also be able spot the issues with the visor, the weird little not-triangle above the visor, and the shape of the dent isn't quite right either.

Last edited:
Was just thinking. Since the helmet, in the movie, rests on his neck (at least when he looks up a bit) - and I’m sure it won’t on the figure - Maybe heating the helmet up and bending the back (and maybe the front) inwards a bit would get the helmet to flare a bit more? Kind of like the flare was actually a mistake in the making of the actual helmet.

Fact is...Hot Toys had a good chance to make a definitive ESB Fett. I think this figure will miss the Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... I had never realized how far off HT was with the helmet. It's not a deal breaker but it does remind me that I always thought there was something off about the helmet on all of their OT stormtroopers also.

“They wanna see more Flair?! Here! C’mon! Woooooo!”
https://gifyu.com/images/ric.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/JikFl66U6MX2U/giphy.gif

That was an epic promo, hilarious!!

I cannot wait for final production photos, I agree that the helmet flare is huge when differentiating between his look in the films. Hoping HT made the adjustments, we’ve been talking about this since the figure was announced.

hot toys rotj owners - how do you feel the production piece's helmet/armor weathering compares to the proto/promo pics from ht? pretty close?
Pretty spot on actually. When I received the figure I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I ordered the deluxe and planned on displaying the ESB look and selling my Sideshow one. Now I'm just going to keep it and have the HT displayed promo style..since HT isn't fixing the ESB helmet. The Sideshow version definitely has the more accurate shape.
Was just thinking. Since the helmet, in the movie, rests on his neck (at least when he looks up a bit) - and I’m sure it won’t on the figure - Maybe heating the helmet up and bending the back (and maybe the front) inwards a bit would get the helmet to flare a bit more? Kind of like the flare was actually a mistake in the making of the actual helmet.
lol - if you heat up the helmet and try to bend it, it'll just crack apart. It's ABS plastic..so it has no give like PVC plastic.

Back