1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to getting this one. Glad it's coming earlier than planned, but now it means I'll have this and Rey coming at around the same time!

The fewer pre-orders there were, the more people who waited to see if they made changes, the more likely they would have been to actually do it.

You mean if more people preordered rather than wait, then HT might have made the change.

I doubt HT would change it yet. They know ESB will sell anyway. Now they have a built-in "upgrade" to re-sell us in 3 years.

I just remembered--wasn't this slated to arrive first quarter NEXT year? That's a whole six-to-nine months early! That's gotta be a new record.

You mean if more people preordered rather than wait, then HT might have made the change.

No, I don't. It's just an assumption (which is all any of us can ever do before something gets released or a statement is made), but they had a number of people contacting them about fixing the helmet, and probably fewer contacting them about correcting the color of the flight suit, making him less bulky, tightening up the fit of the gauntlets, etc. They probably looked at that and said, "Well, we've got a ****load of pre-orders. Who cares?" and rushed it into production, even with that second triangle indentation above the visor not even being a full triangle. Money talks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The now customary pre-order to ship wait is ridiculous. Anytime something ships earlier than expected is a really good thing.

No, I don't. It's just an assumption (which is all any of us can ever do before something gets released or a statement is made), but they had a number of people contacting them about fixing the helmet, and probably fewer contacting them about correcting the color of the flight suit, making him less bulky, tightening up the fit of the gauntlets, etc. They probably looked at that and said, "Well, we've got a ****load of pre-orders. Who cares?" and rushed it into production, even with that second triangle indentation above the visor not even being a full triangle. Money talks.

Oh, so less preorders would have motivated them to make the change perhaps. I don't know about that -- would you make extra effort on something that appears to have no interest? I wouldn't.

Anyway, I don't think they were going to make the change regardless. Star Wars figures are not their best products. They never reach the levels seen on Jack Sparrow or Yondu. I don't know why.

Anyway, I don't think they were going to make the change regardless. Star Wars figures are not their best products. They never reach the levels seen on Jack Sparrow or Yondu. I don't know why.

I have always just assumed it was due to the general overall lack of interest in Star Wars in Asia. And the high interest in Marvel/Iron Man.

Oh, so less preorders would have motivated them to make the change perhaps. I don't know about that -- would you make extra effort on something that appears to have no interest? I wouldn't.

If my company released a preview of a product, and it wasn't preselling well, and we had multiple emails and social media interactions from potential customers telling us they wanted something fixed before buying it, I would probably fix it.

Either way, you're probably right. It might be a pet project of Howard Chan's, but if Star Wars isn't selling as well in China as other properties (and by multiple accounts, it isn't), it won't be a major priority.

Perhaps SW figures are just easy money grabs(this one certainly is) for them, and they’re not actually passionate about them? With more of a ‘it’s good enough, put it out’ mentality. I mean we know Howard is passionate about the PT and look how those figures turn out, everyone is sculpted to perfection. Then look at how off the new Rey looks, or Jyn did. Not to mention Luke and Leia’s dead stares.

Even the difference between the 2 Yodas is astounding, though I suppose we can cut some slack on that as it was a first try.

Lack of interest in Asia definitely shows, despite how much Howard may love the old movies, he's not going to sink his company over it.

I do believe there's a broader 'acceptable limit' for Star Wars figures than other properties where they do seem to try harder. I wonder if there are "production teams" assign various projects -- because I wish the team that did Sparrow and Yondu would do a solid Vader.

I also think they are still testing the waters for PT love and thus are "trying harder" with these initial PT offerings. If sales are good, it won't be long before the details suffer.

I can see people saying: that's not Qui-Gon Jinn, that's his cousin, Wee-Got Jipp.

When I look at the new DX Jack and the new Diecast V/VI it's pretty obvious that DX releases and Iron Man remain top priority.

Lack of interest in Asia definitely shows, despite how much Howard may love the old movies, he's not going to sink his company over it.

I do believe there's a broader 'acceptable limit' for Star Wars figures than other properties where they do seem to try harder. I wonder if there are "production teams" assign various projects -- because I wish the team that did Sparrow and Yondu would do a solid Vader.

I also think they are still testing the waters for PT love and thus are "trying harder" with these initial PT offerings. If sales are good, it won't be long before the details suffer.

I can see people saying: that's not Qui-Gon Jinn, that's his cousin, Wee-Got Jipp.
Maybe Count Dooku will become Count Dookie in production. I know there are people who love that Tarkin figure, but there was a major change in the quality of the likeness on that figure since the prototype.

Really disappointed to see that they aren't correcting the helmet. I could live with everything else, the suit, the padding, etc., but the helmet is really the core of the character and after 3 tries they haven't even approached the mark. What's really baffling to me is there's such a wealth of resources and reference materials for all things Star Wars that it leaves only negligence to blame.

Maybe someone will model and 3-D print an acceptable helmet down the line. One can only hope at this point.

I really hope the one they display at SDCC will have a better helmet but with this early release I doubt it.
Someone truly needs to put out a proper Fett bucket.

On rare occasion HT does in fact improve things -- like adding hair to ESB Yoda. It is possible that this helmet was improved previously but not in time for proto photos.

We'll all know soon enough.

Back