1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest tweeting Hot Toys, commenting on their facebook pics, or even emailing about the helmet.

Last edited:
reason ESB fett is way cooler than ROTJ fett

uZ3mf45.jpg

I would suggest tweeting Hot Toys, commenting on their facebook pics, or even emailing about the helmet.

I second that.

I sent them a PM via Facebook regarding the (now) infamous nose plug issue with their Vader helmets, and got a generic 'thank you for taking the time.....' Never heard back, but didn't expect to.

Also, ESB Fett should come with a Sacros K-11 sidearm blaster.

See, I think I am a super fan, and then I see the above and realize I know jack squat

If this version comes out perfect, I won't be able to pass on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm probably one of the very few that is pleased with the SS ESB Fett.

Hot Toy's version would have to be 1/6 perfection in order for me to double-dip on the character.

I wonder if they have planned a regular and deluxe version and if so, what the deluxe would bring.

I feel the exact same, pretty happy with SSC V2 Fett.

The HT is going to have to be really noticeably better for me to bite.

ss Fett was cool but that Kermit green and boxy chest killed it for me.

Oh it will. Sell your SS Fett now or its value will plummet.

I’m sure you’re 100% right on the value thing. The only SSC SW stuff that holds value are the ones that HT doesnt touch lol

But it’s all in the eye of the beholder, its not going to be worth my time and effort if its only a slight improvement to me.

Your shark's teeth are freaking me out. :lol

I think at first glance you may not see it immediately... but over time you will notice the subtleties. it's always like that. Then you cannot unsee them.

so far only improvements I see are in the paint. But we all know how these prototype paint jobs go... in any case if it comes even CLOSE to what these photos look like in paint... it simply smears the sideshow version across the floor. For some reason sideshow could just not get the color right on their ESB, the first being way too light and the second looking way too olive looking. The colors shown here from the HT is ESB spot on, this includes the lighter green on the helmet. Ab plate sits too low, but that should be an easy fix.

Improvement examples: better paint apps, better jumpsuit color, no square-box chest, no "Hasbro" Wookie scalps, better base body, proper scaled jetpack, perhaps lights on jetpack or even chest...

Your shark's teeth are freaking me out. :lol

I think at first glance you may not see it immediately... but over time you will notice the subtleties. it's always like that. Then you cannot unsee them.

You make a good point, the base body alone is a huge subtlety.

lol my shark bite just leaves a little indent, your limbs are safe bud!

This is the Fett I've been waiting for, just surprised that I didn't have to wait longer than this to see him. But I guess like Vader, Fett is a good seller for them, and comparatively easy to pump out different variants of.

Still, as long as they don't drop the ball, it works for me.

Improvement examples: better paint apps, better jumpsuit color, no square-box chest, no "Hasbro" Wookie scalps, better base body, proper scaled jetpack, perhaps lights on jetpack or even chest...

I agree with you on all points. And yet, they still cannot get the helmet to flare right. Sorry, but that is a huge issue. This is the 3rd time they are using that same helmet. Hell, even the 6" Mafex nailed the helmet for that figure. Can someone take that helmet and blow it up for 1:6? I wish, lol

Gotta say for a 6" its a little masterpiece

5ebb3c76-acc4-4629-b459-8733cfb726bb.jpg

HT has a way of making the previous Sideshow figures look like toys by comparison. I feel pretty confident that will do it again here.

Now the question is: will it be better than HT's ROTJ Fett?

This is the Fett I've been waiting for, just surprised that I didn't have to wait longer than this to see him. But I guess like Vader, Fett is a good seller for them, and comparatively easy to pump out different variants of.

Still, as long as they don't drop the ball, it works for me.

Couldn’t agree more. Been waiting for a HT ESB Fett since I missed out on both SS versions and ROTJ release. Day one preorder for me to go along with my SS bounty hunters. Hope he comes with a Carbonite freeze chamber themed base!

Just for conversation’s sake, here’s an old pic I posted a while back of SSC V2 next to HT ROTJ fett:

d60b1fc4300c19955d3a90d8d9842071.jpg

HT is definitely capable of making a better figure, hopfully they can knock it out. Otherwise sticking with this guy for sure.

Back