1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn’t happy with how the 1/6 Boba came out. The proportions looked off to me. He looked chubby and stocky with no neck. The shoulder armor should be kinda draped down over his shoulders rather than propped up. Also the chest armor looks puffy. I have the 1/4 scale and it’s my favorite figure. Proportions look great on that. I hope the ESB 1/6 fixes some of the issues I had with the ROTJ.

Vader will go up for PO soon... but who knows about Fett. Could be like the Emperor.

Maybe sooner since SS Zuckuss and Dengar are coming out early 2018. This could be HT's compliment to finishing off the BHs... or starting their own line - one could only hope.

Hopefully HT will have the bulb �� on his jetpack.

Yesssss!

Maybe sooner since SS Zuckuss and Dengar are coming out early 2018.

I doubt HT cares much when Sideshow's sad offerings are shipping. They have enough to worry about coordinating their own factory with all the figures they've got.

2018 is OT ESB year... just hope they don't torture us too long with TLJ crap that won't sell and get on with DS Trooper, Royal Guards, Emperor, Bespin Han, Fett, etc...

I doubt HT cares much when Sideshow's sad offerings are shipping. They have enough to worry about coordinating their own factory with all the figures they've got.

2018 is OT ESB year... just hope they don't torture us too long with TLJ crap that won't sell and get on with DS Trooper, Royal Guards, Emperor, Bespin Han, Fett, etc...

One can only hope for an early release. Hopefully 2018 will be a great year for OT HT releases.
Also the Solo movie will or has been delaying all these figure releases.

Which is bad. Helmet is off.....

Yup needs to be changed up. Really hope the alter that helmet. Wish the whole figure could be proportioned like this:

Attachments

• Empire Fett.jpg
    Empire Fett.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 720
I know this has been mentioned before but whats the issue with manufacturers like HT and Sideshow 3D scanning the 1.1 helmets and scaling them down to get them smack on? Surely that's pretty simple theses days :dunno

Having said that this figure does look very nice but please HT amend the helmet!!

57-83.jpg

One almost gets the sense that a new Star Wars film is not quite as exciting as it used to be.

Might have something to do with that whole "every 6-12 months" thing.

The HT ROTJ sculpt was a little off (a bit vertically elongated and narrow) - so far this ESB one looks nice but doesn't look flared enough, the range finder is still too long and the "cheek" sculpt is supposed to be a slightly distorted half circle, not the rounded trapezoid they have there. And looks like they still have that taper on the vertical part of the "T".

This is what I mean about the "cheeks":

f0lbSjr.png

Like 1/6 Vaders, there's been quite a few 1/6 Fetts now, so you'd hope this would be a "one and done" figure from HT. This is the "the" look for Fett for most people (maybe the reason HT ROTJ Fett seemed to fade away) so really hope the helment can be 100% nailed.

My hope is that they are just reusing the Jedi head for this photoshoot because the ESB sculpt isn't finished yet. They have done that sort of thing before.

So far they have shown a surprising attention to detail when it comes to subtle armor/costume changes between versions. Just look at ANH Stormtrooper vs Sandtroopers vs RotJ Stormtrooper.

What's are some of the differences between ESB and ROTJ Boba?

They are actually very different, much more so than Vader. The colours are different green and different flight suit. The gauntlets are a new design and red in ROTJ. If you look at comparison pictures you'll notice a lot.

I'm probably one of the very few that is pleased with the SS ESB Fett.

Hot Toy's version would have to be 1/6 perfection in order for me to double-dip on the character.

I wonder if they have planned a regular and deluxe version and if so, what the deluxe would bring.

They are actually very different, much more so than Vader. The colours are different green and different flight suit. The gauntlets are a new design and red in ROTJ. If you look at comparison pictures you'll notice a lot.

Interesting. What are the "spats vs ties" and "ee-3" difference? Didn't realize there was so much, did they lose the costume or something? :lol People generally prefer one version over the other?

1. Green Gauntlets vs. Red Gauntlets
2. Brown Cape vs. Green Cape
3. Vest Color
4. Spats vs. Ties
5. Gray Coveralls vs. Lt. Blue coveralls
6. EE-3 Difference.
7. Kill Stripe Colors
8. Jetpack colors

1) girth belt colors
2) ammo belt pouch numbers and configuration
3) every piece of armor is painted differently.
4) shoulder armor and knee armor have different base colors between the versions.
5) some shin tools are painted and look different...some are optional in RoTJ
6) colors and appearance of side belt pouches
7) obvious differences in the helmet (rangefinder, dental files in rear) besides paint jobs.
8) differences in minor details on jet packs (dental files on esb version)

I love fett especially the Empire look but a bespin han and lando would shoot to the top of my list

People generally prefer one version over the other

You have to choose a side so that’s why I chose ROTJ SE. I prefer the colors of the ROTJ costume but with the helmet of the ESB version. Win-Win!

And the ROTJ EE-3 can be seen in my sig. You’ll see the barrel’s different on this ESB figure’s version where it looks like a lightsaber at the end.

Back