Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Arkham City

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the new figures now a days are perfectly fine and they are rubber. Hot toys has improved over the years. I think where just making a fuss about nothing.

Is rubber really that fragile? I mean, I have rubber erasers in my art supplies kit that have lasted twenty years and still look the same to me. It's not like rubber is some sort of experimental radioactive isotope.

And is it realistic to expect action figures--even high end figures like these--to look pristine forever?

I don't recall anyone saying that high end figures should be pristine forever. It's just that these figures we pay a premium for shouldn't be cracking when at museum pose for 3 years, or have rubber parts on NON-ARTICULATED AREAS of a figure start deteriorating at barely 3 months after release.

Is rubber really fragile? Depends. I think HT themselves are still asking themselves that question. I have a 25-year old pure-rubber Batman figure bought by my aunt when we saw Burton Batman, and it's still without any cracks/leaks/flaking issues while displayed in an open shelf all these years.

2013-02-16094031_zps9c6cec95.jpg

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel now they're finally releasing this. I'd given up on it.

I stopped collecting HT years and years ago for various reasons, one of them being the rising cost of the figures. But if ONE thing could've brought me back to HT, it would be the Arkham City Batman, and two years ago when they announced this I decided I would absolutely get it. It would be my one and only HT figure.

But now, I'm not sure if I will get it. Back when they announced it, I could happily afford it. But now? The prices have gone crazy since then, so I don't know if I can justify the price, let alone afford it when the time comes what with all the other stuff I'm collecting right now.

As much as I'll want this, it may have just come way, way too late for me.... :(

Looks good so far. The whole rubber suit worries me, I'll still get it though.

That cowl looks sensational. The texture, the a shape, the way they tackled the neck. I just hope the top half looks as good.

Seriously, though; right now, just for today, I don't give a damn about prices, or rubber, or any of the other things that could go wrong with this figure, I just want to soak it in and enjoy it, as it's been a long time coming. When I saw the thread title earlier, I was about 99% certain that it was a newbie posting a question about when it was coming, so, to click on it and see that wasn't the case was a very welcome, and, after this long, jarring surprise.

LOL at all the hot toys rubber newbies in this thread :lol

They have to be initiated :)

Many of the new figures now a days are perfectly fine and they are rubber. Hot toys has improved over the years. I think where just making a fuss about nothing.

Is there issues with the recently released ed 209?

Click away.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...MMS204-*RUBBER-DETERIORATION*-Discussion-Pics

Edit: Argh. Clown Prince beat me to it.

When has Hot toys rubber ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, been a bad thing? Let me tell you something. NEVER. Hot toys rubber has NEVER EVER been a problem. Hot toys rubber will NEVER EVER give you ANY problems WHATSOEVER. When you think of reliability and quality craftsmanship, you think hot toys rubber. Ask all the guys who have the ED-209. They will support my position. I think we can all agree the durability of the new ED-209 is the pinnacle of durability for high end toys. My only question is why doesn't hot toys make entire figures consisted solely of painted rubber? Screw that plastic crap!!!

When has Hot toys rubber ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, been a bad thing? Let me tell you something. NEVER. Hot toys rubber has NEVER EVER been a problem. Hot toys rubber will NEVER EVER give you ANY problems WHATSOEVER. When you think of reliability and quality craftsmanship, you think hot toys rubber. Ask all the guys who have the ED-209. They will support my position. I think we can all agree the durability of the new ED-209 is the pinnacle of durability for high end toys. My only question is why doesn't hot toys make entire figures consisted solely of painted rubber? Screw that plastic crap!!!
:dunno

:lol:lecture

This might be weird, but I think I'm at the stage now where I could probably just get enjoyment out of the specs/pics phase than the actual product. :lol

Nobody probably knows what I mean and I'm probably alone, but now a days, I probably get more of a kick of seeing the full pic coverage and years worth of speculation discussion on what it's going to be like than I do the actual product! Even with the releases that I end up buying it seems like nothing beats the experience of imagining what it'll be like to own it. Hell, with the case of QC, sometimes the pics are better than the actual product.

So yeah, imma savor the pics of the figure rather than actually owning it. Might be weird, but that's how I'll get my kicks out of the hobby for the next couple of weeks. I bet the photos for this proto are cool as hell.

This might be weird, but I think I'm at the stage now where I could probably just get enjoyment out of the specs/pics phase than the actual product. :lol

Nobody probably knows what I mean and I'm probably alone, but now a days, I probably get more of a kick of seeing the full pic coverage and years worth of speculation discussion on what it's going to be like than I do the actual product! Even with the releases that I end up buying it seems like nothing beats the experience of imagining what it'll be like to own it. Hell, with the case of QC, sometimes the pics are better than the actual product.

So yeah, imma savor the pics of the figure rather than actually owning it. Might be weird, but that's how I'll get my kicks out of the hobby for the next couple of weeks. I bet the photos for this proto are cool as hell.

It's not weird; I feel the same way, man. Personally, as much as I love to have a figure, the excitement I feel seeing those promo pics and the description of everything the figure comes with is unbeatable.

I think it's the nature of the beast, though. When it's up for Pre-Order, it's almost unreal. You've got all this excitement, where, once you own it, you're obsessed for a little while, and then, it kind of just becomes "regular" because it's a part of your collection, and I think it's hard to recapture that feeling you get when you first see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back