Action Figure Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Hawkeye vs Ultron Versions HEAD & NUDE BODY COMPARE REVIEW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clone

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Left is the NEW Ultron and Right is the Original Avengers Version :
DSC_4189lens800x537EbrinR_zpsszxvdqyv.jpg

DSC_4188lens778x800EbriR_zpscrjspbkk.jpg

DSC_4186lens800x615EbriR_zpswjgbknwy.jpg

DSC_4191lens640x902EbriR_zpskfxawgmq.jpg

DSC_4194lens640x902EbriR_zpsalglfsrp.jpg

On this Post : the word "detail" would coincide with "coarse grain texture" to describe differences .

Over-All : the hair, face head and neck is much more detailed on Ultron
while the body - namely chest, shoulders and abdomen is quite fine-texture on Avengers Version .

[ HAIR ] Ultron has more detailed hair, almost spiked,
[ FACE HEAD ] lines and texture on Ultron is uncompariibly detailed and its more serious expression even over-doing it . while the smooth texture on Avengers version make it a pretty face, even when here too : the expression is trying to be serious .

[ BODY ] Ultron seem more like Hot Toys' older TTM bodies, where the shoulder resemble "Narrow Shoulder" models, and chest : "Slim" versions . understandable in Hot Toys' return-to-basic : as more clothing layers on newer Hawkeyes would make the whole suited-character "bloated".

Avengers was the real muscular body in an inverted-V, much like The Prince of Persia and Wolverine . Yes this is more realistic (perhaps an over-kill) but with this fully-muscular chest : You should know the arms cannot close-in fully towards the waist //

[ BOOTS ] seem to be almost alike except the latter Ultron slightly shines a bit more //

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Hawkeye vs Ultron Versions HEAD & NUDE BODY COMPARE REVIEW

This was more interesting than I thought it would be. When you remove the suit it forces you to really take in the nuances of the head sculpt. Even in just a few years Hot Toys has really advanced the detailing in their head sculpts.

It would be nice to see the evolution (or de-evolution) of the Black Widow figures that have been released. I'm curious if they really updated the head and if so in what ways.

Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Hawkeye vs Ultron Versions HEAD & NUDE BODY COMPARE REVIEW

This is...interesting.

I get comparing the heads..but the body? At least not the "detail". It's never supposed to be seen. They went with this body in direct response to the criticism of the first Hawkeye..the articulation. And the first figure was a sleeveless costume with a form fitting vest. The new one is a trench coat. The appearance of the body is irrelevant. The only comparison that matters is in this case, regarding the body, would be articulation or performance. I don't think anyone cares how it looks naked. Lol and for articulation comps you need it dressed to actually tell anyway. Seems like a very strange thing to compare. Like the frame of a car...it's about how it works and functions not the aesthetics of it. Maybe it's me. I just can't see any reason to compare visually the body. The head..great idea. I've seen lots ask..(though this should be in the thread that was designed exactly for this type of discussion..the thread for the figure..but whatever..)

Thanks for that comparison. It was particularly helpful because I was considering buying an Avengers Hawkeye vest for my AoU Hawkeye, but now I see that would NOT be good, unless I changed the body.

Where would you even find an Avengers vest?

Damn it, I always get thrown off every time I see people using "Ultron" to essentially describe something as being derived from AOU. :lol

This was pretty interesting (and creepy :lol) to see!

That shows I need an AoU headsculpt for my Avengers Hawkeye.

Back