1/6 Hot Toys 1:6 Avengers Endgame : Rescue figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NRD's don't bother me and I prefer them actually. It keeps away those scalpers.

Never thought of the scalper angle!

But do scalpers really buy up that much one-sixth? Always thought it was small businesses with wholesale orders that marked up their prices at the first opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of NRD's I'm still surprised BBTS didn't have a NRD for IW WM Mark IV, and THAT is more expensive than Rescue.

That is the strange thing about Hot Toys releases. I don’t understand why they wait until the property is no longer new to put out figures for it.

How do you propose they do that, time travel? These figures take a lot of R&D and production time, they aren't going to sit around for 12 months doing nothing, then make the figures and release them a year and a half from now- they've probably been working on protos for a year already- as long as they had the assets to look at. Then even when they get a big head start using concept art a year before release, lots of things will be wrong and will need changing. Look at every released or near release Endgame Thanos or all the Legends Quantum suits. They got them out in time but not screen accurate at all. Cheaper figures can risk diving into production without verifying the final product, Hot Toys not so much. Its reality of how much work and money goes into these figures.

She looks damn cool

FB_IMG_1558730497209.jpg

But...its one of those figues where.. If i got it as a Christmas or birthday present, id be mad pleased and happy. But i wouldnt go out of my way to get it. Especially at that price. Love the colors tho

Preordered this and Iron Man. I had pretty much no preorders left and then Endgame swooped in to ruin my basically cleared out open order list on Sideshow...

Never thought of the scalper angle!

But do scalpers really buy up that much one-sixth? Always thought it was small businesses with wholesale orders that marked up their prices at the first opportunity.

I'm not sure what the ratio is, but I think that anything that has the potential to make them money they hop on it. Maybe there are collectors that buy 2-3 to make their money back so they can afford 1 figure for free. In the end if it's a figure you really want the NRD doesn't matter. You are just paying a portion of it earlier.

She was moving so fast in the fi”m it’s hard to see if these weapons attachments are screen accurate :dunno

Could not resist this one. She is amazing. I got mark 50, but will pass on 85. OK, from now on, NO MORE IRON MAN FIGURES for m. But yeah, this one is totally great, and like Mark 50 I don't care about the price, I just gotta have it. But seriously, after this, NO MORE IRON MAN FIGURES

Price doesn’t really surprise me. With this being so far out I’m definitely in no rush to pre-order. Considering this is probably a one off and my only Pepper I might get her.

How do you propose they do that, time travel? These figures take a lot of R&D and production time, they aren't going to sit around for 12 months doing nothing, then make the figures and release them a year and a half from now- they've probably been working on protos for a year already- as long as they had the assets to look at. Then even when they get a big head start using concept art a year before release, lots of things will be wrong and will need changing. Look at every released or near release Endgame Thanos or all the Legends Quantum suits. They got them out in time but not screen accurate at all. Cheaper figures can risk diving into production without verifying the final product, Hot Toys not so much. Its reality of how much work and money goes into these figures.

I don’t know enough about how much time these figures spend in development to really know.

Personally I would be totally fine with less accuracy and faster release time, but I also understand many people would not.

[...]Personally I would be totally fine with less accuracy and faster release time, but I also understand many people would not.

LOLOLOL!! Back outta the room slowly! [emoji38]

For me personally and the majority of this board, at this scale and these prices we want a high percentage screen accuracy.

Cool if you don’t — ya probably sleep better at night. [emoji6]

(No seriously get outta here.)

[emoji38]

Could not resist this one. She is amazing. I got mark 50, but will pass on 85. OK, from now on, NO MORE IRON MAN FIGURES for m. But yeah, this one is totally great, and like Mark 50 I don't care about the price, I just gotta have it. But seriously, after this, NO MORE IRON MAN FIGURES
I think design wise, this and mark L will look insane together, better than the 85. But I prefer the 85.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBB100-2 met Tapatalk

Back