1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt. That's all we want. That Hot Toys would push the boundaries with each release without us asking them to.

But it's not what I expect.

Independently of why they decide to change the sculpt, the result is, we get a better sculpt for the money we pay (ok you don't :lol).
So that's a good thing. No?

I do think intent matters though. Here's an example, if you lose your wallet but it's later returned to via a good Samaritan you would be elated and extremely grateful wouldn't you? However let's say you discover that what actually happened was that you were pick-pocketed by this supposed good Samaritan and the only reason they decided to return the wallet was because you had nothing in there of value to them. Wouldn't that alter that warm and fuzzy feeling you originally had?

I feel like it's no different for HT and their motive. They only gave us something new because the fan base/consumers voiced their complaint. So HT responded by making something new to APPEASE, rather than to PLEASE their consumers. The consumers ultimately won that one, but not because HT was so gracious to give us something new...we had to essentially demand it.

Anyways, it's a moot point for me since I'm not even buying this inferior version of Cap. :lol

Fair enough, it is smaller front to back--but I count that as a correction. I find most HT heads are too wide in profile, almost horse-like. This is more evident on long-faced actors like Keanu Reeves. If you ask me which of these looks correctly proportioned, it's the one on the right.

Now, whether the body is too bulky is another question, but I'm thinking width from shoulder to shoulder, there.

The new Cap head in relation to the body is absolutely undersized and out of proportion. To blame it on a "too bulky" body pretty much confirms how out of scale (tiny) the head is.

I mean Endgame Cap is either the best or second-best. The case could be made for Concept Cap being their best, but then Concept Cap is not based on any on-screen appearance so there's no opportunity to take issue with inaccurate costume details. It gets a total free pass in the nitpick department.

Again, being best does not mean being perfect. All of your complaints can be true and valid and yet this figure as a complete package can still be the best non-custom sixth-scale Captain America money can buy.

Fair enough. I do see where you're coming from and based on that particular context this could in fact be the best film-to-figure version made available by HT, but I truly do believe HT is capable of achieving so much more...sadly, in my opinion, they decided not to put in the effort.

I do think intent matters though. Here's an example, if you lose your wallet but it's later returned to via a good Samaritan you would be elated and extremely grateful wouldn't you? However let's say you discover that what actually happened was that you were pick-pocketed by this supposed good Samaritan and the only reason they decided to return the wallet was because you had nothing in there of value to them. Wouldn't that alter that warm and fuzzy feeling you originally had?

I feel like it's no different for HT and their motive. They only gave us something new because the fan base/consumers voiced their complaint. So HT responded by making something new to APPEASE, rather than to PLEASE their consumers. The consumers ultimately won that one, but not because HT was so gracious to give us something new...we had to essentially demand it.

Anyways, it's a moot point for me since I'm not even buying this inferior version of Cap. :lol

Took a little break from these threads but it is a sigh of relief seeing gmoney still ?laying down the law? :lol

Personally I finally couldn?t deal with pinhead/helmeted head EG Cap swapping to the unmasked head even though I do like the newest pursed lips mouth plate. I think what really sent me over the edge was that I was moving a half dozen figures around in my different display areas when my friend came over for the night. Now she knows nothing about these collectibles aside from what is displayed and the little bits of information that goes into one ear and right out the other. That particular night, I had almost finished but had CW Cap, the BV with regular version head with gritted teeth mouthplate holding the 5 claw scratched shield in front with both hands for blocking Tony?s repulsor attack. Directly next to him was EG Cap with Mj?lnir overhead in his right hand and the dirty but undamaged plastic shield at about 20? off axis strapped to his left arm.

My friend said, ?those are really cool looking but why is the head so small on that one (obviously pointing to EG cap)?. So that was it, I already had most of the other parts already out of the box as I was planning on displaying the broken shield and pieces on a shelf with other accessories as well as the unmasked headsculpt. The next morning I swapped heads, plopped the empty helmet down on the base, and even though it?s an inaccurate pose which also needs some fine tuning to look more natural, pinhead Cap is no more. I might dig out TWS Golden Age Cap an see if the EG helmet head?s proportions match up better but I?m not exactly holding my breath.
6F8E07B4-2355-436E-AB6F-619CADF47408.jpg
So now for the actual reason I?m replying to gmoney and in particular to this particular comment: gmoney, like myself, has never been shy about giving HT?s **** especially when they **** up and/or play some dirty tactics but lately, especially over the last year, I don?t think it?s really fair to blame them as a whole. Reason, HOWARD CHAN. This guy and his narcissism have made it a very toxic company with his micromanaging, playing war games with the employees as much as with competitors and outdated ?systemic ideals? (infer what you will from my use of systemic ideals); he is a plague on the company at the highest level and HE NEEDS TO GO. Rosario Dawson/Manadalorian Ahsoka is going to be using the WW body, if I?m wrong, the first person to call me out on it will receive a free figure from my collection. DX 20 & 21 were supposed to be a done deal with 20 being a basic reissue of BP with 3 heads (standard with lenses over eyes, another helmeted head but with separate eye movement and a 3rd of Chadwick Boseman that actually looked like the late actor. The DX 21 was going to also include a body with the ability to change outfits from his battle with M?Baku, mask, shield & staff as well as the royal sandals, robe & tunic/vest. Disney/Marvel wanted to celebrate his contribution & give some proceeds to cancer research while Howard was convinced it was a good idea because demand was still strong. Apparently no new Chadwick headsculpt was made and we got Ahsoka DX?s instead.

**** HOWARD CHAN!

Thanks for sharing this. I absolutely understand what you mean.

But if I would start taking these kind of things into consideration before I buy something, then I maybe also should question if I should pay more to support small local shops or buy from Amazon.

I am just a simple consumer. I let my wallet decide. And like you already said, under certain context, this is the best movie based Cap you can get for retail price.

Took a little break from these threads but it is a sigh of relief seeing gmoney still ?laying down the law? :lol

Personally I finally couldn?t deal with pinhead/helmeted head EG Cap swapping to the unmasked head even though I do like the newest pursed lips mouth plate. I think what really sent me over the edge was that I was moving a half dozen figures around in my different display areas when my friend came over for the night. Now she knows nothing about these collectibles aside from what is displayed and the little bits of information that goes into one ear and right out the other. That particular night, I had almost finished but had CW Cap, the BV with regular version head with gritted teeth mouthplate holding the 5 claw scratched shield in front with both hands for blocking Tony?s repulsor attack. Directly next to him was EG Cap with Mj?lnir overhead in his right hand and the dirty but undamaged plastic shield at about 20? off axis strapped to his left arm.

My friend said, ?those are really cool looking but why is the head so small on that one (obviously pointing to EG cap)?. So that was it, I already had most of the other parts already out of the box as I was planning on displaying the broken shield and pieces on a shelf with other accessories as well as the unmasked headsculpt. The next morning I swapped heads, plopped the empty helmet down on the base, and even though it?s an inaccurate pose which also needs some fine tuning to look more natural, pinhead Cap is no more. I might dig out TWS Golden Age Cap an see if the EG helmet head?s proportions match up better but I?m not exactly holding my breath.
View attachment 511582
So now for the actual reason I?m replying to gmoney and in particular to this particular comment: gmoney, like myself, has never been shy about giving HT?s **** especially when they **** up and/or play some dirty tactics but lately, especially over the last year, I don?t think it?s really fair to blame them as a whole. Reason, HOWARD CHAN. This guy and his narcissism have made it a very toxic company with his micromanaging, playing war games with the employees as much as with competitors and outdated ?systemic ideals? (infer what you will from my use of systemic ideals); he is a plague on the company at the highest level and HE NEEDS TO GO. Rosario Dawson/Manadalorian Ahsoka is going to be using the WW body, if I?m wrong, the first person to call me out on it will receive a free figure from my collection. DX 20 & 21 were supposed to be a done deal with 20 being a basic reissue of BP with 3 heads (standard with lenses over eyes, another helmeted head but with separate eye movement and a 3rd of Chadwick Boseman that actually looked like the late actor. The DX 21 was going to also include a body with the ability to change outfits from his battle with M?Baku, mask, shield & staff as well as the royal sandals, robe & tunic/vest. Disney/Marvel wanted to celebrate his contribution & give some proceeds to cancer research while Howard was convinced it was a good idea because demand was still strong. Apparently no new Chadwick headsculpt was made and we got Ahsoka DX?s instead.

**** HOWARD CHAN!

Hahaha that made me crack up. I'm not laying down the law per se, but just voicing my strong opinion as I usually do. :wink1:

Anyways, yikes...if someone who is not at all into collecting HT but just a casual observer can spot out that very blatant flaw then that's reeeeeally bad. Still a head scratcher why HT made the helmeted head so tiny.

Also that's an interesting tidbit about DX20/21...is that true? And if so, what's your source? Or are you merely speculating?

Thanks for sharing this. I absolutely understand what you mean.

But if I would start taking these kind of things into consideration before I buy something, then I maybe also should question if I should pay more to support small local shops or buy from Amazon.

I am just a simple consumer. I let my wallet decide. And like you already said, under certain context, this is the best movie based Cap you can get for retail price.

I think you should take that into consideration when making certain purchases...especially with "premium" companies that charge an arm and a leg and have become complacent with their work. It's really a slap in the face to us when they phone it in.

Some people even go a stretch further and base their purchasing decision on whether or not the business aligns or clashes with their political/ideological beliefs (Ex: people refusing to eat delicious Chick-fil-a.).

I'm not that extreme, but when it comes to HT I won't blindly hand over my money to buy a figure just because it's my fav character or something. I got into this hobby because I was impressed by the level of details and the craftsmanship, but when that starts to deteriorate I need to question whether or not this company deserves my money anymore. So yeah, I agree with you on the last part...I let my wallet decide!

This figure certainly didn't meet that standard for me.

Also that's an interesting tidbit about DX20/21...is that true? And if so, what's your source? Or are you merely speculating?

If that is speculation that is QUITE THE REACH. I would love a source on any piece of information in that post really.

My god, I don't even have this preordered, but this forum is WILD. You never know what you're gonna read XD

Rosario Dawson/Manadalorian Ahsoka is going to be using the WW body, if I?m wrong, the first person to call me out on it will receive a free figure from my collection.

It's not the same body. The upper half might be the same seamless body as Wonder Woman figures, but the bottom half should be plastic with double jointed knees like we see on the regular figures.

My source, Sideshow's product description page. Ahsoka has 28 points of articulation vs Wonder Woman's 17 points.

Now about that free figure... :yess:

It's not the same body. The upper half might be the same seamless body as Wonder Woman figures, but the bottom half should be plastic with double jointed knees like we see on the regular figures.

My source, Sideshow's product description page. Ahsoka has 28 points of articulation vs Wonder Woman's 17 points.

Now about that free figure... :yess:

Interesting.
That makes me wonder about that DX20/DX21 information...

I'm his uncle, I can confirm I work at Hot Toys and that Howard runs his company shockingly how he would like his company to be ran. We were all surprised by this but continue to work and form a coup.

I'm his uncle, I can confirm I work at Hot Toys and that Howard runs his company shockingly how he would like his company to be ran. We were all surprised by this but continue to work and form a coup.

:rotfl

Well, his story seems to check out. I can confirm this is all true now!

Just received another delay notice for Endgame Cap. Last Flexpay payment now scheduled for June 5.

Back