1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow hasn?t even shipped him yet and there?s no indication of that happening anytime soon so you have more than enough time to sell your AOU Cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so.

Many are losing their interests in this one because of the flaws and the delays.

So no hurry.

Thanks! :hi5:

The same was said for Gamora.

Oh gosh. I waited on ordering her and have been beating myself up ever since :slap

There's a difference. The final product has already been released in the Asian market with flaws and all while when Gamora was released, there was marked improvement and not much nitpicking.

People are complaining about the final product. I don't think that Hot Toys is going to fix all the flaws for the rest of the world and surprise everybody...

Don't get me wrong. I think this figure is great. It's still the best Cap for me so far.
I was hoping that it would get some more love myself...

Anyone who has ordered from TBA. How long did it take for you to get your cap with the free shipping as they state it's about 10 to 21 days before it arrives.

People are complaining about the final product. I don't think that Hot Toys is going to fix all the flaws for the rest of the world and surprise everybody...

Don't get me wrong. I think this figure is great. It's still the best Cap for me so far.
I was hoping that it would get some more love myself...
Those of us who love him are either still waiting to receive him or had him two-and-a-half months ago. This is hands-down the best sixth-scale Captain America figure, despite some imperfections. This thread has just been oversaturated with contributors focused on said imperfections, which all figures have. Plenty of love for him on Instagram and the price still being above retail from Hong Kong distributors means the figure remains in high demand.

Those of us who love him are either still waiting to receive him or had him two-and-a-half months ago. This is hands-down the best sixth-scale Captain America figure, despite some imperfections. This thread has just been oversaturated with contributors focused on said imperfections, which all figures have. Plenty of love for him on Instagram and the price still being above retail from Hong Kong distributors means the figure remains in high demand.

I would hardly qualify this as the "best sixth-scale" Cap...but, hey, that's your opinion. I think this release is utter trash and a slap in the face to the fans.

This figure was marginally improved over the prototype. They gave the final product a smaller head and never corrected the cheap, slap-on chest piece everyone originally complained about. Cheap vinyl, plastic-like material clothes instead of fabric? Progressively cheapening out by NOT providing Diecast shields anymore...

Oh, and let's not forget the only reason why got a new Evans headsculpt was cause the fans complained about the recycled headsculpt for the 4th or 5th time! So let's not act like HT was putting in the effort on this release because they really didn't and the final product shows.

C'mon...if this is the "best" then I'd hate to see their worst. :slap

Can someone tell me what the flaws with the Endgame Cap figure are? I'm debating on getting it but want to know the specifics.
Some people think the head is too small--it really isn't, it's the same width as the previous Cap heads, they just shortened the lower face (like everyone asked) when they updated the likeness.

The chest piece isn't really material accurate. It should have fabric sections, but it's all plastic.

The arms and legs aren't slim and formfitting as they should be, but every other Cap has these issues, too (except the Concept Cap).

Shield isn't diecast.

All told, it's still probably the best Cap they've made that's actually based on a movie appearance. If you include the Concept Cap, though, well... Concept Cap is hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

In respect of what Spanbauer said I wasn't going to post again but then these posts happened

Can someone tell me what the flaws with the Endgame Cap figure are? I'm debating on getting it but want to know the specifics.

Some people think the head is too small--it really isn't, it's the same width as the previous Cap heads, they just shortened the lower face (like everyone asked) when they updated the likeness.

Well 2 things - I'm one of the critics and I never asked for any face shortening. Maybe others did, I didn't. Secondly, shortening the face does technically make it 'smaller'. But if that weren't enough it also seems to be smaller from front to back

Endgame Cap.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, and let's not forget the only reason why got a new Evans headsculpt was cause the fans complained about the recycled headsculpt for the 4th or 5th time! So let's not act like HT was putting in the effort on this release because they really didn't and the final product shows.

People complained => Hot Toys listened => Hot Toys delivered a better sculpt.

Most people will rate this process positively. But you WANT to see the evil in this, right? :lol

Well 2 things - I'm one of the critics and I never asked for any face shortening. Maybe others did, I didn't. Secondly, shortening the face does technically make it 'smaller'. But if that weren't enough it also seems to be smaller from front to back

View attachment 511546

Thanks for the comparison. The head is indeed smaller.

But at the same time, it's also interessting to see, that the "cheap material" and "bagginess" are also on the concept Cap.

People complained => Hot Toys listened => Hot Toys delivered a better sculpt.

Most people will rate this process positively. But you WANT to see the evil in this, right? :lol

Not at all. I'm just saying HT was only motivated to produce a new sculpt due to negative backlash, rather than taking the initiative to innovate and continue to push the envelope forward. Otherwise HT was perfectly content being complacent in pumping out an outdated portrait.

Not at all. I'm just saying HT was only motivated to produce a new sculpt due to negative backlash, rather than taking the initiative to innovate and continue to push the envelope forward. Otherwise HT was perfectly content being complacent in pumping out an outdated portrait.

No doubt. That's all we want. That Hot Toys would push the boundaries with each release without us asking them to.

But it's not what I expect.

Independently of why they decide to change the sculpt, the result is, we get a better sculpt for the money we pay (ok you don't :lol).
So that's a good thing. No?

In respect of what Spanbauer said I wasn't going to post again but then these posts happened

View attachment 511546
Fair enough, it is smaller front to back--but I count that as a correction. I find most HT heads are too wide in profile, almost horse-like. This is more evident on long-faced actors like Keanu Reeves. If you ask me which of these looks correctly proportioned, it's the one on the right.

Now, whether the body is too bulky is another question, but I'm thinking width from shoulder to shoulder, there.

Fair enough, it is smaller front to back--but I count that as a correction. I find most HT heads are too wide in profile, almost horse-like. This is more evident on long-faced actors like Keanu Reeves. If you ask me which of these looks correctly proportioned, it's the one on the right.

Now, whether the body is too bulky is another question, but I'm thinking width from shoulder to shoulder, there.

Ah, interesting. I might disagree. I prefer how the 'deeper' concept head looks above. But if I'm wrong then it would mean Hot Toys has acclimated me to something that is incorrect.

Just in general though, and I've made this point before - when the current trend of late has been to go larger with heads, doing something that made Cap's head smaller in any way was ill-advised.

I would hardly qualify this as the "best sixth-scale" Cap...but, hey, that's your opinion. I think this release is utter trash and a slap in the face to the fans.

This figure was marginally improved over the prototype. They gave the final product a smaller head and never corrected the cheap, slap-on chest piece everyone originally complained about. Cheap vinyl, plastic-like material clothes instead of fabric? Progressively cheapening out by NOT providing Diecast shields anymore...

C'mon...if this is the "best" then I'd hate to see their worst. :slap
I mean Endgame Cap is either the best or second-best. The case could be made for Concept Cap being their best, but then Concept Cap is not based on any on-screen appearance so there's no opportunity to take issue with inaccurate costume details. It gets a total free pass in the nitpick department.

Again, being best does not mean being perfect. All of your complaints can be true and valid and yet this figure as a complete package can still be the best non-custom sixth-scale Captain America money can buy.

I’m waiting to see how the 2012 version ends up before deciding, because I really want a 1/6 Cap on the shelf.

I?m waiting to see how the 2012 version ends up before deciding, because I really want a 1/6 Cap on the shelf.
I've never much cared for that suit but personal taste aside they'd have to make some dramatic changes from the prototype for that figure to be in the running for best Cap. I'm sure they'll bundle the new Endgame portrait which will be great, but the body they have him on isn't even remotely big enough for Cap. It has no shoulders! His torso is just a star-spangled sausage. And the colors really do not invoke the 2012 suit, where the blue skews darker and just slightly teal in every reference image.

2012cap.jpg

Back