1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generally don't go in on the pre-release panic, but yeah, this is bad. The suit is extremely off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I generally don't go in on the pre-release panic, but yeah, this is bad. The suit is extremely off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Normally I’d agree, but the difference here is the fact that they released the D25 version of the figure with the chest plate like that, which tells me they’re comfortable with the suit as is. People were already expressing concerns and displeasure with the chest plate on this figure even months before the D25 release, yet that’s how they released it. To me, that doesn’t portend well for this regular release. Maybe they’ll rework it a bit for this regular release, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. The D25 release quickly selling out doesn’t help, either. Plus, if they do rework it and it looks much better than the D25 release, I’d imagine that you’ll have many disgruntled customers who bought the D25 figure and it ends up being the shoddier version, when this regular release was already advertised as also having the chest plate.

I found a photo of HT hard at work testing out his upper suit proportions on one of their employees:

74f26aa5cb9b14893b934c2038272340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol

You've hit the pin on the head...wait...the nail on the head. Understandable slip given what we've got here.

Wow, watched a review on this guy, and shocked. You can tell this doesn't have the love or attention to detail some of their figures get.

I mean concept art cap is nearly perfect. How the hell does a concept figure come out as arguably the best Captain America ever, and the Endgame one is mediocre.

captain-america-concept-art-version_marvel_silo.jpg

Honestly it looked a little better in the unboxing video than in those shots in the previous page. However, that neck seems way too skinny or long, or both! That's what really concerns me!

"Howard, people are exploding on Social Media about our Endgame Cap"

"Oh no, have the pre-order numbers dropped?"

"No"

"Oh ok, just carry on then"

Normally I?d agree, but the difference here is the fact that they released the D25 version of the figure with the chest plate like that, which tells me they?re comfortable with the suit as is. People were already expressing concerns and displeasure with the chest plate on this figure even months before the D25 release, yet that?s how they released it. To me, that doesn?t portend well for this regular release. Maybe they?ll rework it a bit for this regular release, but I wouldn?t hold my breath. The D25 release quickly selling out doesn?t help, either. Plus, if they do rework it and it looks much better than the D25 release, I?d imagine that you?ll have many disgruntled customers who bought the D25 figure and it ends up being the shoddier version, when this regular release was already advertised as also having the chest plate.

The only reason I have hope that the full retail release will be different is because if this was the final product, why are we not seeing this released for 6 months or more. Could be to ramp up production but if they're already done and in production enough to put him out in his final form, you'd think he'd be releasing sooner. This feels more like a quick, almost kit-bashed version for D23, not the final retail.

I'm going to wait to see what he looks like near final release before I decided whether or not to cancel.

Back