1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunh who in their right mind would go with the “regular” IS Cap with no broken shield and hammer!!

That defeats the whole purpose of owning the piece to begin with.

If you’re choosing IS over HT so be it but that is definitely not the time then to cheap out on the extra costs involved to get the Deluxe version.

As much as I prefer the IS Cap over the HT version I can buy a HT Cap AND a HT Thanos for the price of 1 IS Cap and still have $211.00 left over, that’s crazy!

Man when did 1/4 prices all of a sudden become 1/2 prices dafuq lol
I feel exactly the same way. I love statues and the IS Cap. But they have gone up so much in price. My first HT figure was the IW Thor and now I'm hooked on HT figures.
So after finally owning one and this being my first HT Cap and that likeness, this was an easy choice over the IS version.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

I'm just not a big statue guy. The only statue I truly regret not buying is the Jane Foster premium format--because there will likely never be a 1/6 of that character, and the PF is probably the finest collectible that will be produced of her for decades to come.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'm just not a big statue guy. The only statue I truly regret not buying is the Jane Foster premium format--because there will likely never be a 1/6 of that character, and the PF is probably the finest collectible that will be produced of her for decades to come.

I only have two statues in my collection. The SS classic PF and the new Rebirth one.
Being a huge Supes fan, I'm content if those are the only statues I have in my collection and the rest being Hot Toys.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

I think the big problem is the design of the chestpiece. It seems oversized and not properly fitted, which is throwing off the look of the entire torso. The costume on film was very sleek by comparison.

Also, it desperately needs the correct paint job.

Yeah they really only need to fix the chest piece. Make it thinner, make it smaller, make the scales shiny and they could even perfect the traps using just the chest piece. It’d be nice if they did all of this, but I feel like at best they just make the scales more metallic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Secret Base pics via Facebook!
1d1a6c2a52bfb83f807498828989c492.jpg
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You know what it is? This faceplate makes him look more like Sam Rockwell than Chris Evans. The nose down looks like Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Cap getting bigger and apparently root of problem. They need turn Cap bulky so they picking a bigger body. CAP IW half inch taller than previous Cap and I think EG will be same. HT reuse star, shield and mjolnir, thus they looks undersized on bigger body.

this is pretty much THE reason, aside from price creep, why I don't go after Hot Toys figures much anymore. It's unforgivable that a near $300 figure has so much reuse going on.

the helmeted head is reuse, the hands are reuse, the feet are reuse, the body for sure has been reused countless times on many other figures, there are portions of the costume that are likely identical to previous versions of Cap.

Why not, hear me out, develop a body that is specific to Chris Evans in the Captain America suit and reuse that body on Captain America figures? At least then you're making a figure that looks like him. There are plenty of people that would buy 2.0s of the previous suits.

Used my last code Thursday to get another cap, since it was going to expire that day and just got a new 25 off code an hour ago.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

this is pretty much THE reason, aside from price creep, why I don't go after Hot Toys figures much anymore. It's unforgivable that a near $300 figure has so much reuse going on.

the helmeted head is reuse, the hands are reuse, the feet are reuse, the body for sure has been reused countless times on many other figures, there are portions of the costume that are likely identical to previous versions of Cap.

Why not, hear me out, develop a body that is specific to Chris Evans in the Captain America suit and reuse that body on Captain America figures? At least then you're making a figure that looks like him. There are plenty of people that would buy 2.0s of the previous suits.

Yeah, size difference become blatant if you compare IW Cap to early Cap release such FA or Avengers. IW Cap just bigger and wider.

They just tinkering it on every release instead make a perfect body for Cap day one. EG while not 100% perfect but it's ideal Cap, the best they can do is rerelase A1 and Stealth suit using better body.

How far out do you think are from $300 being the new "standard" price for a regular figure? To me...it's about $220-$230 right now with limited accessories.

I remember when Hot Toys first started at $90 (Aliens USCM), then $120-$130 range with the first AVP Preds and Superman Returns/Batman Begins figures. Granted, they are 100x better than when they first started out and I'm sure in some cases their license fees are ridiculous but I think they've already started to reach the point where some collectors have tapped out or cut back substantially.

How far out do you think are from $300 being the new "standard" price for a regular figure?

I remember when Hot Toys first started at $90 (Aliens USCM), then $120-$130 range with the first AVP Preds and Superman Returns/Batman Begins figures. Granted, they are 100x better than when they first started out and I'm sure in some cases their license fees are ridiculous but I think they've already started to reach the point where some collectors have tapped out or cut back substantially.
Not only that, but the shipping price for sideshow seems to go up every other year. I remember paying a flat $10 just 5 years ago. Now we are at 20 min...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back