1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the problem with that expression is that it doesn't have the narrowed, angrier eyes to go with it.

And yeah have to agree that both the CW and IW Caps are looking a lot better to me at the moment. I loved the hell out of the new outfit in the movie, but the figure just isn't capturing it nearly as well as I'd like.

I think that has a lot to do with it as well. I look at the suit, and it just doesn’t look like the suit I saw on screen.

The scales in the armor plates are off. Different size and shape than even in the screen shot of battle scene above.

This figure is more interpretation of endgame Cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that has a lot to do with it as well. I look at the suit, and it just doesn’t look like the suit I saw on screen.

Which is why caved and broke my "1/6 only" rule and preordered the Iron Studios 1/4 EG Cap.
Had this have the proportions of Concept Cap, with an added bonus of chest piece having silver tint, I would have passed on the 1/4 statue.

But although I'm excited to get the statue, I know I also have to have this suit in 1/6 scale.
For me personally, this is his most Iconic suit in MCU.
I know I'll regret it, if I dont have this suit in my 1/6 collection.
It really boils down to that.

I want this one displayed with Mjolnir.

New Secret Base pics via Facebook!
1d1a6c2a52bfb83f807498828989c492.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Captain Derp.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BBB100-2 met Tapatalk

I'm comfortable with my paint skills to come in and highlight the scales as necessary. I've got paints picked already. Shouldn't be something I have to do, but it's not something that'll keep me from getting what's possibly the last Evan's Cap in modern garb we get.

The eyes could swap out for squinty angry eyes. Mjolnir and the shield are undersized. The traps are absent and the scale sections are too big and the Star is too small. The legs are also too slim. I also think that since the shoulder is disconnected from the body that it could have a wrap around the leg allowing 360 degree twists for more articulation, right now the arm can’t be raised because it is sewn to the body without need like when they have a chest piece over or a vest like Loki. Make the arms separate for full twists

Not having an earlier Cap makes this a no brainer. I didn't like the IW look as much and wasn't collecting when Civil War came out.

And I think Mjolnir looks a little small too.

Cap getting bigger and apparently root of problem. They need turn Cap bulky so they picking a bigger body. CAP IW half inch taller than previous Cap and I think EG will be same. HT reuse star, shield and mjolnir, thus they looks undersized on bigger body.

Cap getting bigger and apparently root of problem. They need turn Cap bulky so they picking a bigger body. CAP IW half inch taller than previous Cap ...

That sucks. They did that with Iron Man too, sometimes.

Those secret base pictures look terrible. Why didn't they just use the Concept body, I don't get it.

Cap getting bigger and apparently root of problem. They need turn Cap bulky so they picking a bigger body. CAP IW half inch taller than previous Cap and I think EG will be same. HT reuse star, shield and mjolnir, thus they looks undersized on bigger body.

Ehhhh, I don't think so. Not entirely at least. IW Cap is taller than CW because CW had that really stumpy neck and high shoulders. I have my AOU Cap next to my IW release and they are just about the same. Close enough that the size of an accessory would be negligible.

Those secret base pictures look terrible. Why didn't they just use the Concept body, I don't get it.

I’m assuming they did, it’s pretty much their go to body now. They used it on the IW Cap and IW Doctor Strange, just with different arms. It’s really just down to the way the costume is tailored for the body shape so his silhouette could be fixed without changing the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this is definitely not the perfect Cap figure. And I understand those who already own other iterations not seeing enough additional value in this one.

But as the one and only Cap for me, it's absolutely good enough and totally worth 270 € :)

As much as I prefer the IS Cap over the HT version I can buy a HT Cap AND a HT Thanos for the price of 1 IS Cap and still have $211.00 left over, that’s crazy!

Man when did 1/4 prices all of a sudden become 1/2 prices dafuq lol

Last edited:
It's not an apples to apples comparison but Al's criticisms are correct. The Iron Studios bests this easily in every way except Steve head sculpt. I'm getting both no matter what. At a minimum I hope Hot Toys reworks the star on Cap's chest.

Without steve head sculpt iron studios cap is amazing....... But for me I'm still go for the hot toys one. 1/4 scales are too big for me :)

I think the big problem is the design of the chestpiece. It seems oversized and not properly fitted, which is throwing off the look of the entire torso. The costume on film was very sleek by comparison.

Also, it desperately needs the correct paint job.

I ordered the figure, because damn if I'm not going to have this version of Cap in my collection, but I really hope the production piece sees adjustments. It's unlikely, but not unheard of--they did similar improvements for Batman and Gladiator Hulk.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately for me it’s going to have to suffice because like many others it’s going to be my only Cap and I wouldn’t pick any other movie or scene in the MCU to represent MCU Cap on my shelf then this release especially if you’re also getting the HT armored Thanos!

As much as I prefer the IS Cap over the HT version I can buy a HT Cap AND a HT Thanos for the price of 1 IS Cap and still have $211.00 left over, that’s crazy!

Man when did 1/4 prices all of a sudden become 1/2 prices dafuq lol

You would actually have $60 left over for the regular. Seems easy choice if you want to get something that doesn’t have screen accurate flaws and doesn’t care about changing something, instead reusing the same stuff for different products.

Back