1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was really considering ordering the IS Cap and as much as I love that representation of him, I'm gonna keep my EG HT Cap order.
That likeness is like no other and different action poses I can have him in and those accessories are a huge selling point. Plus it will be my first HT Cap.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Well I was really considering ordering the IS Cap and as much as I love that representation of him, I'm gonna keep my EG HT Cap order.
That likeness is like no other and different action poses I can have him in and those accessories are a huge selling point. Plus it will be my first HT Cap.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

The IS 1/4 Cap is amazing for the most part. The headsculpt....not so much. Same with the Tony & Thor sculpts. Apparently they were just going for the overall look and not exact actor. The masked sculpt and the rest of the statue. Near perfection imo. Won’t pay $800 tho. That’s 3 good Hot Toys

I still see some minor discoloring but yeah i’m not too thrilled they cleaned him up but whatever once he’s holding his broken shield in front of him our mind is going to look at him as being dirty.

When I see Captain America and him getting to be with Peggy I see him as dirty. Seriously though this figure looks awesome.

Makes sense. There’s decades of pent up lust and sexual tension there from what never got to be, so I have no doubt they wasted no time getting “dirty” in the privacy of their home after their dance. :lol :monkey3

Very true. I can't blame him for his choice either. I am glad he got to get his girl in the end. He deserved happiness and so did she. Figure looks great and I really can't wait to see if they do any other versions of the Captain from endgame.

Very true. I can't blame him for his choice either. I am glad he got to get his girl in the end. He deserved happiness and so did she. Figure looks great and I really can't wait to see if they do any other versions of the Captain from endgame.

We know we are getting the Quantum suit cap as they have pretty much showed it already.

Makes sense. There’s decades of pent up lust and sexual tension there from what never got to be, so I have no doubt they’d get “dirty.” :lol :monkey3

Got dirty so much when he came back to the present he was an old man and only ended really being gone a year lol. No wonder he didn’t want to tell Sam about her

Were these photos doctored? I can't find this specific photo on the sideshow site with the shiny chest look... this is more movie accurate than the photos they have up. All other ones have the suit looking dirty and without the chest shine
e85c604cb5de5192f6d852fa03d46601.jpg
3c6519b62cf960235b9a43d7c4dbe99a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I made this photo montage awf1031 ;)

Got dirty so much when he came back to the present he was an old man and only ended really being gone a year lol. No wonder he didn’t want to tell Sam about her

Gives new meaning to the word succubus? He gave Peggy all of the super soldier serum.

The IS 1/4 Cap is amazing for the most part. The headsculpt....not so much. Same with the Tony & Thor sculpts. Apparently they were just going for the overall look and not exact actor. The masked sculpt and the rest of the statue. Near perfection imo. Won’t pay $800 tho. That’s 3 good Hot Toys

I caved and preordered the deluxe IS Cap statue. Fortunately, not really interested with the Evans sculpt, and that statue looks near perfection.
Broke my 1/6 only rule.

I’m also gonna keep my EG cap PO.
I’m most likely gonna dry brush silver on it if hot toys doesn’t make it like that photoshopped image.

What gets me is how disproportional everything is. The body isn't right, the silver star on his chest looks like a little baby sticker. His shield isn't even as big as it should be. Even mjolner is smaller than it should be. :slap

I can't see them getting this to look as good as it deserves for being the last Cap figure. Props to Iron Studios for getting it spot on, besides the sculpt but it looks better with the helmet regardless.

okehcpwfwyy21.jpg

60632286_2458223117522742_4669617241690472448_n.jpg

60853980_10156242716522344_5482037110619766784_n.jpg

It's not an apples to apples comparison but Al's criticisms are correct. The Iron Studios bests this easily in every way except Steve head sculpt. I'm getting both no matter what. At a minimum I hope Hot Toys reworks the star on Cap's chest.

Yes the IS Cap is superior. But if I pay that price, I would also expect that.
A figure has articulations, sometimes at costs of proportions. A statue can be sculpted with a perfect pose and tailoring, which you can't achieve with real 1:6 fabric. So you can't really compare those aspects and say that the Hot Toy figure is worse.
I do agree that the accessories could be bigger.

It's not an unfair comparison with a 1/4 statue.
Hot toys showed they can nail the physique if they really wanted too.

The proportions on my concept Cap is spot on.
It's the reason I cancelled my IF and got this instead.
So it's not just because it's an unfair comparison to a bigger statue.
Hot toys can do it if they wanted to.

ErkOb6n.jpg

Isn't the shield essentially the same size as all of the others shields that have come with Cap Over the years? I have the First Avenger and the Original Avengers Captain America's and those seemed fine on the overall size. Are they that different?

Isn't the shield essentially the same size as all of the others shields that have come with Cap Over the years? I have the First Avenger and the Original Avengers Captain America's and those seemed fine on the overall size. Are they that different?

I think the shields are all the same. The difference is this figure is nearly an inch taller than TFA Cap. Size creep is real. Just look at the Mark 50.

Is shoulder to neck area is pretty bad. It looks like a near 90 degree right angle. I know Hot toys has notoriously terrible long necks and here it is showcased again. This figures are basically statues because of the plastics they use on the clothing and the neutral headsculpts and the bad articulation. My IW cap can’t be posed fighting the material would break and he would look ridiculous. They’re already almost statues.

Back