1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing customizers dirtying him up and trying to replicate those frames where he tightens the shield strap over the sword gash.

I had totally written off getting this one since the head sculpt was the same as CW, but this one’s a lot more possible now.

With/Without Helmet ;)
(By me)

190516071120766339.jpg

190516093527908102.jpg

After seeing this, pretty jarring how bad those traps look. I wish Hot Toys went with the same buck used for that 10th year concept. Hopefully they take notes, and make some more finally tweaks.

Not sure why this isn’t more of a known “quantity” but the Concept Art Cap turned out to have decent traps because of the tailoring more-so than anything else. Don’t get me wrong, I love the way it turned out but there is nothing but air beneath those sections of the suit; In my opinion HT just got lucky combining the DP body with that fabric and I think the harness tightness kind of brought it altogether. I noticed this because the first thing that I did after receiving the figure was swapping the helmeted headsculpt for an unhelmeted one. Properly cut fabric around the collar section plus decent padding and a new body is really the only way to make his proportions look better and it doesn’t seem like HT’s is willing to give us all 3 in any Cap figure.

attachment.php

Is the same old Chris Evans sculpt from TWS, they just change the hair.

Haha good call! Love how everyone is like OMG, amazing!!! People relax...it's just a new hairpiece. There's no way HT could produce a BRAND-NEW headsculpt that needed to be crafted and molded first, then painted, AND THEN approved by Marvel/Evans in that only a matter of weeks.

The hair change was an EASY fix especially when you consider it didn't require much time/money to turn out, and not only that, but it surely quelled the massive angry and outspoken critics since the majority of all comments I'm seeing are overwhelmingly positive...and it's legit the same FACE SCULPT...just new hair!

Good catch Lvard! :clap

Also, with the new hairdo I'm totally getting Val Kilmer vibes. :lol

batman06.jpg

Well Evans has aged a little from WS to EG which is what HT has based the same unmasked sculpt with each release on

I believe Avengers 1 unmasked head was completely different. So any change no matter how little or subdued in the EG sculpt is a welcome change IMO :lecture

Haha good call! Love how everyone is like OMG, amazing!!! People relax...it's just a new hairpiece. There's no way HT could produce a BRAND-NEW headsculpt that needed to be crafted and molded first, then painted, AND THEN approved by Marvel/Evans in that only a matter of weeks.

The face clearly appears to have been softened and rounded a bit more, and isn't quite as angular as before. And JC Hong already hinted that the new sculpt was already created and was simply waiting for final approval.

While it would have been cool to get an entirely new reworked sculpt, as I’ve stated before, I personally never had an issue with TWS/AoU/CW sculpt. While it’s not spot on, I see enough of Evans in it. Certainly not Kilmer, in my opinion. At least changing the hair makes the sculpt accurate to this film.

It’s a similar scenario with JL Superman and recycling the BvS sculpt with slicked hair. If they just reused the MoS sculpt and parted the hair the other way to make it accurate to JL, I think that would have been fine. MoS sculpt, while not perfect, I think is pretty good. And while it would have been nice to get an entirely new sculpt, at least making an existing sculpt that isn’t all that bad accurate to the new film would be better than recycling the previous sculpt, which would be inaccurate to the film.

The face clearly appears to have been softened and rounded a bit more, and isn't quite as angular as before. And JC Hong already hinted that the new sculpt was already created and was simply waiting for final approval.

You think so? I’m just not seeing it. It looks like the exact same sculpt to me, just different hair. Perhaps those subtle changes are indeed there and I’m just not examining it scrupulously enough or something, but even if they are, I just don’t see a significant difference in likeness from the previous sculpt to this one.

I really hope that HT makes the chest Star plate that transparent like this because it really makes the figure pop and diminishes the idea that it’s just a CW knockoff

Oh no, it’d still be a CW knockoff. It’d just simply be the CW outfit with shiny scales on the chest instead.

After watching EG the second time, I really hope HT makes a A1 Cap 2.0 because I think they did revamp the outfit in the film. Especially when they showed the Cap vs Cap scene

IMO the mask looked a lot better on Evans

I dunno folks...which one is the brand-new sculpt and which one is the old...

If it were truly brand spankin' new why does it have the same exact expression? With DS 2.0 they gave him a slightly different facial expression...why wouldn't they do it with Cap?

Hate to break it to y'all but it's the same facial sculpt...new hair piece...and I guess that's fine cause I'm in the same boat as SilverStar17. I think the TWS Evans sculpt is okay...it's not amazing, but it's not terrible. I certainly see Evans in it.

cap2.jpg

I dunno folks...which one is the brand-new sculpt and which one is the old...

If it were truly brand spankin' new why does it have the same exact expression? With DS 2.0 they gave him a slightly different facial expression...why wouldn't they do it with Cap?

Hate to break it to y'all but it's the same facial sculpt...new hair piece...and I guess that's fine cause I'm in the same boat as SilverStar17. I think the TWS Evans sculpt is okay...it's not amazing, but it's not terrible. I certainly see Evans in it.

View attachment 454046

The left one is obviously the new one. It's absolutely different than the promo shots.

The hair change was an EASY fix especially when you consider it didn't require much time/money to turn out, and not only that, but it surely quelled the massive angry and outspoken critics since the majority of all comments I'm seeing are overwhelmingly positive...and it's legit the same FACE SCULPT...just new hair!

Good catch Lvard! :clap

Also, with the new hairdo I'm totally getting Val Kilmer vibes. :lol

batman06.jpg

60390903_2780704238669208_7004503996580757504_n.jpg

For me this HS has the best Chris Evans likeness from all the Cap figures so far (I can't explain why the HS on that promotion picture @Lvard showed looks so different than this).

And with all those accessories and a newly developed body, this is an awesome package (yeah I know, the rubber suit :wink1:).
I know you love your CW Cap. I've been looking for a good deal for that one for a long time myself.
But after seeing this version, the decision is quite clear for me.

Back