1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done a few edits to the Hot Toys Endgame Cap. I hope Hot Toys make some adjustments to the chest area. It will be a big improvement to the overall look of Cap. :)

59306051_2438679269498579_2648025420212994048_o.jpg

I seriously hope Hot Toys does NOT throw a splash of silver on the chest. That silver we're seeing is just light reflection from the scale material. Same with the poster. It's the light reflecting off the scales. You can see the same effect on his shoulder scales as well.

The suit does not have silver painted around the star and it would look awful like that on the actual figure.

I would happily take the bigger star though. That looks much better.

My Captain America Endgame custom
- Infinity War Body
- First part of the fabric removed to for the chainmail that was below
- Winter Soldier helmet completely repainted to have the same color as the uniform

Spoiler Spoiler:
Damn fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The material isn't darker, it is just a matte fabric, while the "scales" are a harder gloss material and reflect ambient light, making them look lighter.

The overall design, minus the star being a bit undersized, is correct.
It looks like the figure has the chest piece as one big plastic piece, so lighting wise, the the area around the star will never look darker than the scales on the figure - which is how it looks in every shot in the movie. Feels like something that could be addressed in the paint application.

Yeah there's clearly a greater contrast between the scales and the rest of the suit that is completely missing on the figure. And the figure just looks really dull in comparison.

- Infinity War Body
- Winter Soldier helmet completely repainted to have the same color as the uniform

190507052216157276.jpg

That looks great, now I’m tempted to get another and do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Infinity War Body

Spoiler Spoiler:

The proportions looks fantastic. I’m not sure why they didn’t use the IW body on the new figure.

Anyone else wish they would have kept Black Panthers scratches from Civil War on the shield? I kinda do. Tony must have buffed it out for him.

Last edited:
I believe the scratches were to the paint, not the material.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I don't know about that. Vibranium claws against vibranium shield would probably leave gouges. It was making sparks as he was dragging his claws across it, you don't get that from scratching paint. Also the silver part is not painted, yet the scratches are there... Honestly it would make the whole thing a pointless gesture if it was just paint scratches.

Edit: Definitely gouges in the metal, not just the paint.

DpiC6pLwq45MZtzJ-rIZQ2mrFrwG9J4stJwnS8G0nWQ.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like Tony reforged it at some point. When Cap is reluctant to retake the shield in Endgame, Tony says something like “what I made it for you...”

I was always curious about the bullet strikes from agent Carter. Before it was painted she shot it 4 times leaving "marks" on the shield. When it was given his colors, the marks were still there. Where did they go after that?

Eh, you guys are focusing too much on real-world details of fake stuff...like if we really wanna dig into it, why is Janet 30 years older in Ant-Man and The Wasp...but Scott only aged 5 hours in the Quantum Realm...shouldn't Janet just have aged 30 hours in the Quantum Realm as well ? :slap :rotfl

Eh, you guys are focusing too much on real-world details of fake stuff...like if we really wanna dig into it, why is Janet 30 years older in Ant-Man and The Wasp...but Scott only aged 5 hours in the Quantum Realm...shouldn't Janet just have aged 30 hours in the Quantum Realm as well ? :slap :rotfl

That's an easy out -- QR is non-linear, non-uniform and wholly unpredictable. It's a get-outta-jail-free card.

Back