1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contest this hard. I knew I had more Caps (IW was PO'd, EG is likely, and is a stealth 2.0 hits it's a definite) in the pipeline and I needed to cut one, either AOU or CW and there was no contest. I still argue AOU is the best one they've done. Articulation is worse on the AOU, but the museum/mild dynamic pose is far superior.

Best Caps come from the worst movies it seems.

:D

Good thing I have AoU and CW, and plan on sticking with those as my last two. But I do agree regarding AoU Cap. There’s some days where I swear the proportions on that while in a museum pose, look the best.

Best Caps come from the worst movies it seems.

:D
If the figure does the trick then doesn't much matter haha!

The IW one is actually quite good. It's cliche, but the sculpt works much better in person. Lenses seem to distort it a lot. I just opened mine last night and he's pretty cool. But...it's probably not one for you, I don't think, given you seem to go for a near perfect representation. But seeing that the EG one is likely built on the same template I think you would be very satisfied with that release as opposed to hunting down a CW or AOU one.
Good thing I have AoU and CW, and plan on sticking with those as my last two. But I do agree regarding AoU Cap. There’s some days where I swear the proportions on that while in a museum pose, look the best.
If the traps we just a wee bit more angled I think it would be just there. One of the things I find interesting is that I think he fills the suit out more than Evans actually did in the real one.
AoU was alright. I didnt like the fact that theres so many colors that it made it too busy..
Seems to be the consensus for those who prefer the CW one. But the white arm bands...they just do it for me.

Agreed. Even though Chris Evans undoubtedly has a fit and muscular physique, I sometimes think people are hoping for a more muscular physique on Cap figures than what CE actually was in the suit. The AoU to me is pretty close.

Agreed. Even though Chris Evans undoubtedly has a fit and muscular physique, I sometimes think people are hoping for a more muscular physique on Cap figures than what CE actually was in the suit. The AoU to me is pretty close.
Yeah that's a good point. And as decisive as the new material is...I'd even say that they hit his physique best.

But the Strike suit. Man his shoulders are double thicc in that. Something about the suit and the fit really accentuates that, probably the way the silver stripes arc. We need that represented because the ball was missed so hard on the OG.

And of course sculpt. The Winter Soldier one is too dated at this point, I think. They can do a better Evans.

Just saw the movie. Definite purchase for me. I have the Battling CW Cap which will be hard to top though. One of the two likely additional accessories should be a pretty enticing inclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler Spoiler:

Will be glad when spoiler tags are no longer needed.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Will be glad when spoiler tags are no longer needed.

This is not a spoiler at all but habit :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't like the old head sculpt nor the two expressive face plates, so if I do get this guy then this is the look I'll go for [with tweaks to accommodate the 'additional' accessories]....

captain-america__gallery_5cc1f64c9da0d.jpg

The more I look at this figure, the more I see wrong with it. The entire up body is wrong in both size and shape.

New head sculpt after all? This comes from secret base. I've just never collected cap figures so I'm not sure myself. Screenshot_20190427-083045.jpg

That's a good group. Are you happy with the Mark 3? It was kind of a contentious release; I was disappointed with what I was seeing and passed on it, but I've never actually seen one in-hand.

Would you believe I've barely had it out of the box? I'm not much of an opener, and I wasn't aware of the controversy.

I've found regular HT Iron Man's to be too cheap and plasticky feeling, so I wanted an actual metal version of the most Bronze-Age-like suit.

I'm really hoping for an updated headsculpt by the time this is released. While I do like that original Winter Soldier sculpt, his hair is completely different in Endgame.

Would you believe I've barely had it out of the box? I'm not much of an opener, and I wasn't aware of the controversy.

I've found regular HT Iron Man's to be too cheap and plasticky feeling, so I wanted an actual metal version of the most Bronze-Age-like suit.

The Endgame version looks like the Bronze Age suit.

I'm really hoping for an updated headsculpt by the time this is released. While I do like that original Winter Soldier sculpt, his hair is completely different in Endgame.

This worries me; they're showing the old sculpt/old hairstyle just like they did with JL Superman -- granted that one is delayed and we haven't seen production yet, but there's no indication they changed anything. You would *think* they'd create a new sculpt for this one, but they know fans will buy it anyway.

Back