1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, what are they doing?? Buckles look different in every photo. Sometimes the white stripes have dirt, sometimes clean. The scales are looking a little better. Still not movie accurate, but closer. The traps, I've given up on. They had it right with the IW and concept. Why the change? Either way, hes ordered.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah, what are they doing?? Buckles look different in every photo. Sometimes the white stripes have dirt, sometimes clean. The scales are looking a little better. Still not movie accurate, but closer. The traps, I've given up on. They had it right with the IW and concept. Why the change? Either way, hes ordered.

Yes, as I look over at my Avengers wall, I look at Avengers Cap and then at IW Cap and realize that all the time he was in exile he spent doing shoulder shrugs! Must've given up on the regimen during the "Five...years...later" portion of Endgame :)

Does anyone have an extra diecast Civil War Captain America shield they'd like to sell me? It's disappointing that the shield this release comes with isn't made of metal.

Does anyone have an extra diecast Civil War Captain America shield they'd like to sell me? It's disappointing that the shield this release comes with isn't made of metal.
There are alot of really great 3rd party shields online. They are inexpensive and just as good, if not better than HT versions. Check Ebay. Toys wonderland etc. You'll find versions for every variation of the figure.

There are alot of really great 3rd party shields online. They are inexpensive and just as good, if not better than HT versions. Check Ebay. Toys wonderland etc. You'll find versions for every variation of the figure.

OSO has a pre-order up for multiple versions by By-Art, including the CW shield. The broken Endgame one they did is outstanding.

https://www.onesixthoutfitters.com/collections/preorder-accessories/products/byart-1-6-scale-metal-shield?variant=33087513886858

Still maintain the conviction that the best route for an EG Cap is a modded IW Cap.

Correct. Mine honestly isn?t quite there yet but I think even as is, it shows show much better HT could have done with this guy.
59705611d48084e3ea370ac6a4fe8a2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are people modding the infinity war figure to expose the scales under the shirt up top? I know there is probably a thread somewhere or mention of it, can someone link me please? I tried the search bar but for some reason the search doesn't work....very odd. I've searched and searched, and it can be difficult when there are sooo many pages. I just want some help if someone can PM me or post a how to video link or something I'd be grateful. I'll even pay for the help.

How are people modding the infinity war figure to expose the scales under the shirt up top? I know there is probably a thread somewhere or mention of it, can someone link me please? I tried the search bar but for some reason the search doesn't work....very odd. I've searched and searched, and it can be difficult when there are sooo many pages. I just want some help if someone can PM me or post a how to video link or something I'd be grateful. I'll even pay for the help.
Just cut the top layer it's under.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

i'm wondering if the stitching must be remove or how to get it off at the edges where it appears to be stitched down to the scales.

I did the mod some time ago and I recommend a bright light and a sharp x-acto knife. You basically cut the stitching along the edges and carefully remove the fabric on top to expose the 'scales' underneath. You may also need to get under the 2 flaps that come over his traps to fully remove the fabric -- then use some superglue to position the flaps in place afterwards. You'll have a cleaner transition going from the fabric to the scales on his chest if you do it this way. I circled this area in green for reference.

You can also cut the stitching all the way and remove all the fabric, or you can leave some behind on the left and right sides of the rib-cage area. I chose to leave some fabric behind because I felt like it provided a better transition from the fabric material to the scales. I circled this area in red for reference.

Btw the scales material is very delicate --- its basically a very very thin sheet of rubber so be careful not to damage it. You can also apply a thin layer of gloss afterwards if you want to give it a little bit of shine. Hope this helps

564564646.jpg

345345345345.jpg

I did the mod some time ago and I recommend a bright light and a sharp x-acto knife. You basically cut the stitching along the edges and carefully remove the fabric on top to expose the 'scales' underneath. You may also need to get under the 2 flaps that come over his traps to fully remove the fabric -- then use some superglue to position the flaps in place afterwards. You'll have a cleaner transition going from the fabric to the scales on his chest if you do it this way. I circled this area in green for reference.

You can also cut the stitching all the way and remove all the fabric, or you can leave some behind on the left and right sides of the rib-cage area. I chose to leave some fabric behind because I felt like it provided a better transition from the fabric material to the scales. I circled this area in red for reference.

Btw the scales material is very delicate --- its basically a very very thin sheet of rubber so be careful not to damage it. You can also apply a thin layer of gloss afterwards if you want to give it a little bit of shine. Hope this helps

View attachment 483911

View attachment 483912

You sir are a shiny golden God! Thank you.

I'll never tire of watching one of my best customs from the infinity war version to the Endgame version ☺️

Instagram: @Guillaume_customs

200428041611623541.jpg

200428041612361295.jpg

200428041613164159.jpg

Sideshow posted a video last week with a prototype of this figure. There were no visible changes from the pre order photos.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Sideshow posted a video last week with a prototype of this figure. There were no visible changes from the pre order photos.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

That prototype doesn't even match the official HT EG Cap photos. The major telling point are the harness buckles.

Back