1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 100% expect them to revisit some of these designs

Spoiler Spoiler:

Most never thought they would pull this off so i would never say never. They have a lot of popular characters still and just reloaded with Deadpool, X-Men and the Fantastic Four. In 10 years we might be saying something like "I can't believe how the MCU has got so much bigger and better since Endgame". I would much rather see new figures of characters we have not seen yet than 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 of stuff we already have.

It's hard to see how they can top endgame at this point, but there is also every chance the future will be even bigger and better. I'm excited to see a lot of characters we can only read about in comics, now being a part of the mcu. We still have spiderman, f4, xmen, possibly namor, the possibilities are vast

Most never thought they would pull this off so i would never say never. They have a lot of popular characters still and just reloaded with Deadpool, X-Men and the Fantastic Four. In 10 years we might be saying something like "I can't believe how the MCU has got so much bigger and better since Endgame". I would much rather see new figures of characters we have not seen yet than 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 of stuff we already have.

Never. MCU caught lightning in a bottle with RDJ and Evans among other terrific cast members. I'm sure they will continue to make profitable movies, but no way they achieve to this level of success again.

It's likely true that Endgame's box office won't be topped for a while, but it has to be acknowledged that their two newest solo properties have also made a buttload of money without either Downey or Evans, etc, names attached, as in Avengers-level money, so the majority of people are obviously still completely on board even if the original 6 aren't in the movies. Which to me is very exciting, since it means we'll continue to get more of what we've seen before + new takes.

Just to be on topic, it's interesting to think that an earthbound Black Widow will not only be (likely) the first Phase 4 movie, but the first movie of a new saga that's been hinted to go wilder and more cosmic (a saga which I really hope will eventually go into stuff like Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Annihilation, Secret War, etc). Not complaining of course, it's about time she had a movie.

The proportions look pretty close. Any difference is negligible.
e84a01d53f5344846b7713a99f0cfc7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's likely true that Endgame's box office won't be topped for a while, but it has to be acknowledged that their two newest solo properties have also made a buttload of money without either Downey or Evans, etc, names attached, as in Avengers-level money, so the majority of people are obviously still completely on board even if the original 6 aren't in the movies. Which to me is very exciting, since it means we'll continue to get more of what we've seen before + new takes.

Interest in the MCU as a whole will begin to erode without the biggest stars of the franchise around anymore. It's almost inevitable. Again that doesn't mean everything will tank immediately but I would be very surprised if interest continues at this level.

Interest in the MCU as a whole will begin to erode without the biggest stars of the franchise around anymore. It's almost inevitable. Again that doesn't mean everything will tank immediately but I would be very surprised if interest continues at this level.

But, yah know, I think that's OK. Nothing wrong with six-eight hours of some fan fav characters re the TV series, maybe a few prequel movies, a more-or-less regular appearance of the always-popular Spiderman, building on the BP side....

Meanwhile, Disney can kick back for a few years and think about the X-men etc. and give people time to sort've let the original, rebooted/time convoluted X men films fade a bit. No disrespect to those casts but I wasn't a big fan of those films - they were alright - but I think they could be better.

Maybe Disney can come to terms with doing an R rated movie, or have an offshoot company that can.

Maybe Disney stockholders won't be as thrilled, but IMO it's a sensible strategy.

I think this figure looks very good (I like the red in her costume, especially - so much better than the blue in AOU).

But I think the best ScarJo likeness is still CW Widow easily. And I say this as someone who doesn't have it because I have my TWS Widow and I thought they looked a bit too similar.

Meanwhile, Disney can kick back for a few years and think about the X-men etc. and give people time to sort've let the original, rebooted/time convoluted X men films fade a bit. No disrespect to those casts but I wasn't a big fan of those films - they were alright - but I think they could be better.

I like the first two movies, but the only one I was truly passionate about was First Class. I loved it and wanted them to use it as a complete reboot and give it a true sequel, but instead, we got Brian Singer back and mixing in the original cast, which turned me off. Logan was amazing and a fantastic send off for Jackman in the role, but the rest has been very meh to me.

I'm ready for MCU X-Men at this point.

Just to be on topic, it's interesting to think that an earthbound Black Widow will not only be (likely) the first Phase 4 movie, but the first movie of a new saga that's been hinted to go wilder and more cosmic (a saga which I really hope will eventually go into stuff like Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, Annihilation, Secret War, etc). Not complaining of course, it's about time she had a movie.

BP was super successful, but (and I'm not bashing it) I didn't love it as much as the other movies. Same with Captain Marvel, I liked it a lot, but most of the reason I made sure to see it before End Game was just to make sure I had all the info on End Game. I'm not in a giant hurry to see the sequels to both, I'll probably see them in theaters but not first weekend.

I think Guardians will be huge still,
Spoiler Spoiler:
But I'm not sure how many more GotG movies they'll make. Was anyone signed on for more than 3 movies?

Personally I don't have much interest in seeing the X-Men join the MCU. The characters and themes feel completely played out by this point, and DOFP and Logan already closed out the story in such a great way. Not to mention the MCU already seems crowded enough with superheroes; no need to add thousands of superpowered mutants too.

Personally I don't have much interest in seeing the X-Men join the MCU. The characters and themes feel completely played out by this point, and DOFP and Logan already closed out the story in such a great way. Not to mention the MCU already seems crowded enough with superheroes; no need to add thousands of superpowered mutants too.

You shut your dirty mouth!:pfft:

All kidding aside, I kind of agree that they will be a difficult fit narratively. The fantastic 4 and doom seem like they would be a lot easier to introduce in a post endgame universe.

BP was super successful, but (and I'm not bashing it) I didn't love it as much as the other movies. Same with Captain Marvel, I liked it a lot, but most of the reason I made sure to see it before End Game was just to make sure I had all the info on End Game. I'm not in a giant hurry to see the sequels to both, I'll probably see them in theaters but not first weekend.

I think Guardians will be huge still,
Spoiler Spoiler:
But I'm not sure how many more GotG movies they'll make. Was anyone signed on for more than 3 movies?

I believe they've said a while ago that Guardians 3 will be the final Guardians movie with this incarnation of the roster, whether that means they take a break for a while or bring in mostly-new characters.

It's fair enough to not be a huge fan of Panther or CM (I love Panther, but would maybe place CM in the middle of the series quality-wise) but Marvel will really only care about the money, not the reviews, and for now they're still on a massive uptick. Things like Transformers show even if the reviews are in the toilet, certain audiences don't care. So, until they at least have a sequel to one of these newer properties that makes drastically less than the first, let alone something that doesn't become #1 at the box office, then they're just gonna keep churnin' them out.

I disagree on X-Men, personally. I think the Foxverse never really did all that great of a job with team itself, or balancing an ensemble cast. I also think several were pretty miscast, and the movies were a product of the time period (before CBM movies were really celebrated as they are and not how "realistic" you could make them). I think there's plenty of room for the MCU to differentiate - especially beyond Magneto, Charles and Wolverine.

And I want to see a fully realized Rogue. She's my favorite.

I loved Black Panther and can't wait to see BP 2. I'm not much for Captain Marvel, though. The idea of her leading any new Avengers is a turn off.

But BP 2, GOTG 3 and Strange 2 are all movies I'm looking forward to.

no...

Personally I don't have much interest in seeing the X-Men join the MCU.

I'd dig it.

The characters and themes feel completely played out by this point,

Look what Sony did to Spider-Man, and look what we have now. :rock

and DOFP and Logan already closed out the story in such a great way.

They did...in *that* reality.

Not to mention the MCU already seems crowded enough with superheroes; no need to add thousands of superpowered mutants too.

Time for a list! :yess:

Who am I missing? I think there were characters from Agents of SHIELD which I haven’t see much of…did Ghost Rider appear on that show?

Superheroes & Unpowered, High Level Combatants

1. Iron Man (deceased)
  2. Captain America (retired)
  3. Black Widow (deceased)
  4. Hulk
  5. Hawkeye (retired)
  6. Thor
  7. Scarlet Witch
  8. Quicksilver (deceased)
  9. Vision (deceased)
  10. Black Panther
  11. Okoye