Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve continued to pass on this because I don?t do quarter scale; but it?s tough because when all is said and done, I love the Mark 3?s functional, simple lines and love that first film.

It?s such a shame the 1/6 version didn?t turn out the way I?d hoped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark 3 has landed:yess:

A6682D76-E3A3-45D2-80F0-73F5DBD70265.jpeg

667AB18C-DDD0-4582-866C-9E41E1F2E9B6.jpeg

Damn that looks really great there. I'm still conflicted with this figure.

I think the inaccurate faceplate bothers me more than it should but at $600+ it should have been correct. :gah:

Are you STILL going on about the faceplate? Have you even stopped for one lousy second and maybe considered that you're absolutely right? I can't find one fault in your logical explanation about since this is a much larger and more expensive figure, that there's no excuse for them to not correct this egregious error. You sir, are correct, and you needed to be called out on it. If the tone of this message doesn't match the actual message, well, d@mnit, you're right about that to. I'm practicing comedic juxtapositions. This seemed as good a place as any to start. Carry on being right. :D

What does SS charge to ship a 1/4 figure? I know they have started charging tax as well.

I?m almost half an hour from SS?s offices and they charged me $27 shipping for the Mark III. So, about $1 for each minute of driving time to the SS office? :)

I?m almost half an hour from SS?s offices and they charged me $27 shipping for the Mark III. So, about $1 for each minute of driving time to the SS office? :)

You could Uber or Lyft it for way cheaper. In fact even cheaper if Tony goes in an Uber Pool! Doubt there is much pooling going on these days though. :-/

Not my pic but saw it on FB and just thought it looked so badass.

View attachment 488144
by Daviuz Wijaya Kho

DAMN that's a figure selling photo right there. I thought that was a picture of the movie suit made by Stan Winstons studio. Wonder if that's stock or if he did anything to the paint.

Can you link his post by any chance or share what FB group he posted this in?

The temptation to order this figure is high.. :gah:

DAMN that's a figure selling photo right there. I thought that was a picture of the movie suit made by Stan Winstons studio. Wonder if that's stock or if he did anything to the paint.

Can you link his post by any chance or share what FB group he posted this in?

The temptation to order this figure is high.. :gah:

Adjusted the photo for sure, that color would be correct but it is not what they painted the figure. Any time a picture pops up for this or even the 1/6 that looks really shockingly good has been tweaked because Hot Toys is dead set on bright red

Adjusted the photo for sure, that color would be correct but it is not what they painted the figure. Any time a picture pops up for this or even the 1/6 that looks really shockingly good has been tweaked because Hot Toys is dead set on bright red

Not necessarily. Mine looks exactly like that sometimes, depending on the lighting. Most of the times it?s a deep dark metallic red with a hint of burgundy.
Amazing colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally received mine today, and wow is this thing absolutely epic and gorgeous in hand. I was worried it might not seem worth the huge amount of money (which is kinda how I'm feeling about 1/4 Vader at the moment), but that is thankfully not the case and it feels worth every penny.

And yeah right out of the box the red did seem a bit too bright, but once it's under my detolf lights with all the contrast the color looks miles better (and I haven't altered the color at all here).

20200622_202153 (2).jpg

20200622_201723 (2).jpg

20200622_201801 (2).jpg

Back