Action Figure Hot Toys 1/4 scale Iron Man Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing for me yet either. Really debating on whether to keep my order at this point, I am not over the moon with the paint and weathering from everything I have seen so far. It just looks kinda... *plastic-y* to me. Joker was my very first 1/4 figure and I was pretty underwhelmed by the paint detail on that for sure.

Probably will keep it, I guess. I was able to use one of those random 10% off pop-up coupons to preorder it last spring so I know I will never get as good a deal on any future 1/4 Iron Man figures, especially with the new sales tax going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing for me yet either. Really debating on whether to keep my order at this point, I am not over the moon with the paint and weathering from everything I have seen so far. It just looks kinda... *plastic-y* to me. Joker was my very first 1/4 figure and I was pretty underwhelmed by the paint detail on that for sure.

Probably will keep it, I guess. I was able to use one of those random 10% off pop-up coupons to preorder it last spring so I know I will never get as good a deal on any future 1/4 Iron Man figures, especially with the new sales tax going forward.

Plus sideshow is collecting taxes now. You will never get a 1/4 iron man this cheap again.

I believe Popcultcha/Ikon here in Australia should be receiving their batch somewhere around the 17th February.

Can’t wait to get this in hand, and even though I have to wait a little it’s worth the savings. I got it for about $700 AUD shipped, but if I were to import it from Sideshow it’ll be about $1,100 AUD, which is like a 60% increase over what I have to pay, or about a $275 USD difference.

I believe Popcultcha/Ikon here in Australia should be receiving their batch somewhere around the 17th February.

Can’t wait to get this in hand, and even though I have to wait a little it’s worth the savings. I got it for about $700 AUD shipped, but if I were to import it from Sideshow it’ll be about $1,100 AUD, which is like a 60% increase over what I have to pay, or about a $275 USD difference.

That’s insane. Definitely worth waiting a bit to save that much money. I order from PC a couple times a year. They’ve been cheaper with shipping to the states than other places at times.

can the leg bend like this? 83175965_3109254745770370_1057746970652704768_o.jpg

Mine got delivered today. Had just a few minutes free to unbox and check the figure over. My initial reaction is mixed. Just as I had thought before from photos and videos, the weathering for me is pretty minimal for the scale, just some small marks of dark grey on the red sections and some black scoring marks on the gold. I kept looking back over to my 1/6 Mk 4 and wondering why that seemed so much more weathered at half the size. Between the Joker and this as my first two 1/4 figures, I guess I was just expecting even more intricate paint detail for the size based on everyone's raving online about Hot Toys 1/4 scale figs. Just had too high expectations, I guess?

Besides that, though, it's a very hefty and solid feeling figure and the box weighs a ton (I got the deluxe version). I only had a few minutes to fiddle with them but the intricate forearm pieces seem to leave some pretty noticeable seams on mine no matter how much I tried to get everything put together flush in their normal configuration, so I hope that doesn't become a permanent annoyance for me. The RDJ head is fantastic, in fact I would say it is better detailed and painted than either of the two Joker heads. Didn't get to check out the base yet. Also the proportions of the figure are just so much better than the 1/6 scale, makes me wonder if they would ever go back and basically shrink this down for a Mk 3 die-cast 2.0.

Looks great there. I'm really stuck on whether or not I should get this figure. On one hand it's the Mark 3. The definitive Iron Man armor in my opinion.

On the other hand, Hot Toys just doesn't do the Mark 3 proper justice and it's a real damn shame.

A lot they can improve on and the stuff that they mess up on (Wrong Faceplate, Forearm Missile, Paint Color) is really inexcusable for a 1/4 $600+ figure. They should be nailing these things at this point but they don't.

Crappy pic I know, but I love looking over and seeing my Mark III standing next to Cap. Tremendous figure.
de6c62b7c3005b27663978e49d9b0589.jpg

Doesn’t the Mark 3 figure look a tad small against that Cap? AOU Cap from Iron studios was quite a bit oversized. Would match up better with the Cap from the Civil War line, which is more in line.

Back