Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the suit color is wrong- the rest looks great to me but the color is way off...

attachment.php

QqOUz8A.jpg

What the **** happened? The prototype was so beautiful. :slap I hope this doesn't happen to the 1/6.

These are stills from the Waynesbutler video review. I think the bluish pictures are just a result of the lighting.

bf701e41257497221c27364bd043c137.jpg

c5a3ce0749ce77b3665cf42b54978d51.jpg

eb651a449077d17d97784d1b69779b9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its hard to determine what fabric from 30 years ago should really look like. All we have are move stills and props that have faded. I cant wait to get this figure to add to my collection of Fetts!

Here is my Full scale replica.

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

IMG_5984.JPG

These are stills from the Waynesbutler video review. I think the bluish pictures are just a result of the lighting.

bf701e41257497221c27364bd043c137.jpg

c5a3ce0749ce77b3665cf42b54978d51.jpg

eb651a449077d17d97784d1b69779b9f.jpg

MUUUUUUCH BETTER! How the hell does it go from that blue to this? Amazing what lighting can do. I guess we can take a lesson from the Han jacket. But I would have NEVER assumed such a difference is possible.

Some very good points, here, JC!

I agree that the flight suit has faded to a more gray than blue color, naturally. However, it's really not up for debate what color the flight suits were dyed, originally. They were all dyed with the same bath. Now, sure, it's possible that one particular suit was dyed a different color, but it's highly unlikely, especially since you've seen firsthand what can happen to dyed material over time.

It's also apparent that the dye used was blue-based, rather than black-based.

Three points:

1.) Which version of the suit has Hot Toys tried to recreate, here? The suit as it appeared on set in 1982 (or when it was created in 1978-79), or as it appears today? If we're going for on-set RotJ, bluish would be much more accurate. If we're recreating the suit 33 years later, gray would be more correct.

2.) I don't recall if you were part of the discussion a few pages back, but it's obvious that this figure is not intended to recreate ANY on-screen version, regardless of the fact that it is labeled RotJ. The helmet paintwork matches exactly ZERO of the screen-used helmets, and neither does the chest armor. So this is intended to be a more idealized version of Boba Fett. Hot Toys was not looking for screen accuracy, because if they were, they would have weathered the helmet and armor properly, and they wouldn't have included the ESB sidearm as a bonus piece (I maintain that an ESB-painted helmet would have been a MUCH better exclusive).

3.) Keep in mind the lighting that the figure has been photographed under. Here's an in-hand picture that looks much more gray than blue. So perhaps the suit is not as blue as it appears in some photos.

065c13b29b0b6c23667b0d0a0e941282.jpg

Great points as always Rubio! It's undeniable that the flightsuits were all dyed blue at some point. Sorry if I came off like the world is ending! Didn't mean to make anyone panic, sorry if I did!

I hopped in kinda mid swing of this thread saw some photos and started shooting from the hip! But I enjoyed the information shared, thank you.

Definitely with the new photos posted, you can see the flightsuit appears more acceptable to what we've become accustom to as ROTJ. Of course it isn't super accurate, even I was ok with accepting the inaccuracies of the weathering on the helmet.. after all it's a caricature so to speak, and it's an honest interpretation.

Sorry if anyone panicked. Glad that we have this community here to hash these sort of things out!

Rubio you rock man!

If anyone has the 1/4 Baby Groot, could you please take picture of Boba holding him. Boba could've picked him up at a pet shop. Or perhaps Rocket drunkenly bet Groot in a card game and lossed :p

Where's the uncancel button on Sideshow's site?

This seems to happen 95% of the time now. A figure can cycle from terrific to total garbage 4-5 times before and shortly after release based on photo/camera variation. I do appreciate all the shared information though, on both ends. Probably getting this but the visor shape bothers me a little. I don't think hot toys will make another 1/4 boba.

I've been reading the posts here and my two cents about the figure is.....

Can't can't can't wait hahahha!
Loving the pictures and everything about the figure. I'm a huge Boba Fett fan and man this is amazing. I am already wowed by the pics and videos. Can't wait to have this in my collection.

This seems to happen 95% of the time now. A figure can cycle from terrific to total garbage 4-5 times before and shortly after release based on photo/camera variation. I do appreciate all the shared information though, on both ends. Probably getting this but the visor shape bothers me a little. I don't think hot toys will make another 1/4 boba.

Yup, exactly. Best to be patient and never assume the sky is actually falling in this hobby. I've never been interested in owning this figure as the scale just isn't for me, but it's such a nice piece and when it first came out I viewed it as a zoomed in preview of the eventual 1/6 figure so I've been following it closely and with interest ever since. Plus you always end up learning a great deal of details from the knowledgable Boba fans (read: nerds).

I guess I just don't need that level of hyper realism. I jumped on the pre order button on day one. I look at it and see Boba Fett. I don't think I need to bash it for accuracy to be considered a "real" fan. Whatever that means. I bought the damn thing. Plus it was much ado about nothing, according to the new images. Even with the visor "issue", it is still clearly Boba Fett.

Back