Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b2e6ab1b2b114351ee26272bb5f7f07d.jpg

And I am all about the Fett Man, since 1980.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-visor is all wrong. Pre- cancelled. :lol

I guess I just don't need that level of hyper realism. I jumped on the pre order button on day one. I look at it and see Boba Fett. I don't think I need to bash it for accuracy to be considered a "real" fan. Whatever that means. I bought the damn thing. Plus it was much ado about nothing, according to the new images. Even with the visor "issue", it is still clearly Boba Fett.

This is the second time you've replied with a back-handed comment, along with the other pile of comments by others. You've made it clear that you're not a very discerning collector (despite how that sounds, I'm not saying that in a bad way). If it looks like the character, in a general sense, or if your friends can walk by the shelf and tell that it's Boba Fett, that's good enough for you. There's nothing at all wrong with that. At the same time, just because there are collectors who like to get more in-depth than you, that certainly doesn't mean they need to 'calm down.' Different sides of the same coin. You're right, and they're right.

JCFETT, darthflan and myself have all completed full-size replica costumes of this character. That takes years to acquire, fully assemble and paint, as well as thousands of dollars. Because of that investment of time, energy and money (and especially love for the character), all three of us are looking at the figure with different eyes than you. That doesn't mean that your opinion isn't valid (it is!), but it would be nice for you to kinda see where we're coming from, especially if the discussion is taking place in a very polite and respectful way, with lots of pictures and information. I, for one, am having a lot of fun participating in this thread, and I want you and everyone else to have fun, too!

So I don't see anyone bashing anything. We've been discussing it. There are many threads that devolve and have to have moderators come in and clean things up - this isn't one of them. There's a huge difference between bashing/nit-picking/making graphs or charts to show something that is wrong.....and this. I circled a few details on the helmet using Microsoft Paint, simply to show the difference in weathering. I didn't say it's crap or garbage or anything of the sort, and to my eyes, the figure is a 100% match in production as it was in prototype.

Besides those of you who have made the back-handed comments about nerds and geeks and so on, I know there's many people who like to learn the ins and outs of a character. When I'm reading threads about characters that I don't know much about, I love learning from those who do.

There's no doubt that this has turned out to be a great figure, and I think we can probably count on one hand how many cancellations there have been. So for the talking heads who say that 'everyone freaks out and cancels because the sky is falling,' I just don't see it.

The figure looks terrific, but, like with Hot Toys' John Matrix, it looks like it might be a little difficult to photograph. The visor HAS looked wonky in some pictures, but Stealth V3teran took the most fantastic pictures yet! I meant to quote them earlier, just got sidetracked. This is the cream of the crop:

Why does this picture make the visor look so much different than other pictures so far? Because Stealth know how to take a photo. That's another huge reason for people panicking...poor photography. I can't wait to get mine and photograph the HELL out of it!

Anyways, rant over, sorry for the long post. Let's get back to some Boba Fett.

There's no doubt that this has turned out to be a great figure, and I think we can probably count on one hand how many cancellations there have been. So for the talking heads who say that 'everyone freaks out and cancels because the sky is falling,' I just don't see it.

Not sure why you're sort of quoting me here and putting words in my mouth--never said "everyone" was freaking out and canceling this figure. In JCFETT's case he did admit to jumping the gun with his reaction to a specific set of photos, which is not that uncommon, that's all. I think Chewbacca is maybe the only recent real example where several people did talk about canceling, and probably did based on the large set of blogger photos, only to realize the figure can look pretty great after some futzing.

Highjacking your fightings...

he does look great !!!!

so why the hell is HT waiting on putting Vader 1/4 out !?!?!?

Nice and insightful comments, rubio95!!

I appreciate members who make intelligent and informative comments WITHOUT coming off as disrespectful or just plain a**holes. I say this because I used to get A LOT more out of this forum. I got to see cool pictures, read honest, legit questions and see others giving helpful, constructive comments. For the most part, it's still this way. But recently, a lot of members only seem to comment to either rain on someone elses parade, troll or simply to increase their number of posts (quantity is NOT > quality!!!). I know I'm a grown man in my 30's that collects toys and is a BONAFIDE NERD :lol. But I don't like or need to be reminded of that each time I log into this forum and read posts that sound like they were written by a 12 year old child. It's gotten to the point that I won't even open an updated thread if I see certain members being the last to post. I know children probably do visit this forum, but I'd like to believe that I am in the company of grown and *hopefully* mature adults. It's just difficult to believe that sometimes when the comments posted make me feel like I'm surrounded by complete idiot a**holes or even worse, 12 year old idiot a**holes...

Sorry for my rant. It's just frustrating since I used to frequent this forum to get away from the stresses of work and the real world. But now, this forum seems to piss me off more than anything...:slap

Anyway, back to preeny101's comments. I see where he's coming from and I don't think his comments were out of line or disrespectful toward any of the hardcore Boba Fett fans. I think all he was trying to convey was that some collectors seem to lose ALL appreciation and enjoyment for a great figure (and this hobby in general) due to inaccuracies that most would consider minor. I know there are the loyal, hardcore fans that have their own expectation/threshold for what is considered a minor or major inaccuracy, so this post is NOT directed toward you. But if you are a collector who is just so OCD that you can't get any joy out of this hobby (NOTE: A hobby is meant to be enjoyed!!) or if you just feel compelled to crap on a figure only because you won't be getting it for whatever reason, then this post IS directed toward you.

Again, legit and reasonable complaints I can understand. But the few insane complaints I've seen (not really in this thread, but others) just make me cringe. If you own several figures or you've been a collector for even just a year, you should know by now that no mass-produced figure will ever be perfect; even at the high price points we're all paying. Perfection would require prices that only custom work or actual movie props could fetch. So unless you can accept that, maybe you should either stop posting (or post respectfully), just not buy the damn figure, take your negativity elsewhere and/or find a new hobby.

Not sure why you're sort of quoting me here and putting words in my mouth--never said "everyone" was freaking out and canceling this figure. In JCFETT's case he did admit to jumping the gun with his reaction to a specific set of photos, which is not that uncommon, that's all. I think Chewbacca is maybe the only recent real example where several people did talk about canceling, and probably did based on the large set of blogger photos, only to realize the figure can look pretty great after some futzing.

No offense meant. I was blanketing about 10 posts from various people. I love using the Reply with Quote function, and I use it often.

If I was specifically quoting you, I would've specifically quoted you. Sorry for the confusion.

No offense meant. I was blanketing about 10 posts from various people. I love using the Reply with Quote function, and I use it often.

If I was specifically quoting you, I would've specifically quoted you. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries, and I agree that the tone in most of the analyses of this figure is pretty measured and not inflammatory, which is nice to see.

I did not mean any offense with the nerd comment. Of course, I am on this site too, debating the finer points of action figures. Kinda meant it like "Come on now, my nerds" but I guess it came off wrong. I am a long time member and enjoy the lively discussions, Sorry if the comment offended anyone. On the bright side, this is the first time one of my comments wasn't a thread killer. I love Star Wars and I love Boba Fett and I have a very ambivalent relationship with Hot Toys. With this one, I think they got it right.

...There's no doubt that this has turned out to be a great figure, and I think we can probably count on one hand how many cancellations there have been. So for the talking heads who say that 'everyone freaks out and cancels because the sky is falling,' I just don't see it.

The figure looks terrific, but, like with Hot Toys' John Matrix, it looks like it might be a little difficult to photograph. The visor HAS looked wonky in some pictures, but Stealth V3teran took the most fantastic pictures yet! I meant to quote them earlier, just got sidetracked. This is the cream of the crop:

Why does this picture make the visor look so much different than other pictures so far? Because Stealth know how to take a photo. That's another huge reason for people panicking...poor photography. I can't wait to get mine and photograph the HELL out of it!

Anyways, rant over, sorry for the long post. Let's get back to some Boba Fett.

Thanks for your comments. And thanks for posting Stealth's pic...

DSC_0624_zpspzmvjelb.jpg

...which is the best Fett has looked, IMO.

I think Fett looks great.

It gets tiresome reading thread after thread of people complaining about inaccuracies . You can't really compare a $450 figure to a 10K 1:1 replica of a costume. That would be like comparing a Hot Wheels car to the real vehicle. Mass produced action figures are never going to have that amount of detail. I look at my vintage Boba Fett and this and all I can think of is how far toys have come in the last 30 years :lol

I wasn't so much bothered by the color of the outfit as I was the visor. It just didn't look right in blogger pics. But it looks fantastic in Stealth's photo.

As I mentioned in another thread.. It's easy to find problems with a 400 dollar toy when you don't want to spend the money.

I wasn't so much bothered by the color of the outfit as I was the visor. It just didn't look right in blogger pics. But it looks fantastic in Stealth's photo.

Yeah, the visor is my only real concern now, too. It never really bothered me until its inaccuracies were pointed out in previous posts. Hopefully, like the suit color, it's all just due to lens distortion/camera work. Either way, really looking forward to adding him to the collection. You picking him up, YFB?

Yeah, the visor is my only real concern now, too. It never really bothered me until its inaccuracies were pointed out in previous posts. Hopefully, like the suit color, it's all just due to lens distortion/camera work. Either way, really looking forward to adding him to the collection. You picking him up, YFB?

It's vexing because HT nailed it on the proto. The resemblance to Fett was uncanny, as if he had just jumped off of the screen. Like you said, I hope it's just a matter of poor pics. Congrats on the get. :duff

Nah, man, but I do plan on getting the 1/6 version.

^Just get him and make the jump to 1/4 :monkey3

I haven't bought a 1/4 figure since Enterbay's Robocop, so my 1/4 collection has been pretty stagnant for a while. My 1/6 collection on the other hand.... :lol

I can't, man. I have the "1/4" scale NECA Predator and while it's nice (certainly not as nice as HT and EB offerings), I simply don't have the room for bigger figures. The HB's bad enough already. :lol

Back