Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its hard to determine what fabric from 30 years ago should really look like. All we have are move stills and props that have faded. I cant wait to get this figure to add to my collection of Fetts!

Here is my Full scale replica.

View attachment 213926

View attachment 213927

View attachment 213925

Hey I noticed something I don't ever see... in your armor. It uses leather ties to fasten the armor to the vest. I only know one other person who does this besides me, and that is Christian of Man of War studios. Are you Christian??? Or did you buy armor from him? Awesome setup on your ROTJ buddy!

Wow! Stealth's photo is beautiful.. it looks like a real person could be inside that armor. Fantastic!

Thanks @rubio95 for writing what you wrote. I appreciate that! I thought about doing something similar a day or so back but decided to let all the comments float by haha, I think you hit it on the nose though! Nobody was up in arms! Just talking.

I think we all need to remember we are all here because we love Star Wars and these neat figures that we can collect! We are all collectors or fans whether we are experts or just having fun with the extra little bit of money we make. Star Wars brought us here and for what else than to discuss it and enjoying each other's knowledge and photography.

Yeah sometimes people are jerks, but generally speaking when discussing inaccuracies or things they are let down by it's not necessarily negative feedback, it's more less educational and kind of vital to the community. Almost a service, if you will. I eagerly open these threads specifically to see what people are talking about whether good or bad. Especially on new releases, it can be exciting! Almost every time someone notices something I didn't pick up on, that's really cool! It's really interesting to hear these point of views and a lot of times it opens up really interesting discussions, or even what we feel the artist approach was to tackling certain things from the original, or maybe just some funny photoshopped photos haha. Of course there is no way to replicate something perfectly, but hey that's what we are here for. I think we need to keep the mood light and understand this is the back and forth that helps this community exist. I value all your guys opinion whether I agree or not! :rock

Think about it like how you critique art by an artist. It's very comparative actually. If you are passionate about it or not, surely you must appreciate the fact that others do go this length. It's informative. And it ensures the progression of it for everyone. If people back in the day were hanging out in caves and were like "Damn Bill, that's a sweet stick drawing, we should just draw like this for the rest of time".... we'd never have the art we have today ;) LOL. Naturally we want things to be the best they can be and keep striving for something better. Maybe 2020 Fett will have a smoking Jetpack, electronic Range Finder with blinking LEDs and chest display :yess:

I guess I just don't need that level of hyper realism. I jumped on the pre order button on day one. I look at it and see Boba Fett. I don't think I need to bash it for accuracy to be considered a "real" fan. Whatever that means. I bought the damn thing. Plus it was much ado about nothing, according to the new images. Even with the visor "issue", it is still clearly Boba Fett.

I think so too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preeny is a fan because he loves Boba Fett. Nobody is denying him that. Why am I bashing? You know, I bought it also!

I think I see the issue now though. It's that people are spending their hard earned dollars on these collectibles and when they hear about the inaccuracies or issues they feel offended or attacked as if their money wasn't well spent.

To everyone feeling that way, and really in an aspects and avenues of life, you should not let people change the way you think about something if you are happy with your decision. It's your choice! We are just here speaking our mind. It's also important to remain open minded. It should be good to know the differences whether good or bad, it's something you now own! But don't let that change the way you feel about it.

Consider it education, if you'd like. If you're not interested in this sort of information and are easily offended then I would definitely suggest you not come on the internet nor join a forum which will certainly be filled of this sort of information and opinions. Just buy it and move along :)

But nobody is questioning whether you are a TRUE fan or not. My older brother who raised me with his passion and fascination for the Original Trilogy and his awesome vintage Star Wars collection, he is in his mid 40's, I just turned 30, I know WAY more specific things than he ever will. Really it's thanks to him that I grew up the way I did. A Star Wars kid. I tell him all these details on things he never knew about and his face always lights up. He used to pronounce it "Tatoonies" up until like 6 years ago where I had to break it down for him haha. But you know what... I still consider him way more of a Star Wars fan than I could ever be. It's about your love for Star Wars bros. Keep calm, we're all Star Wars fans one way or another.

Yes, we all have our different tastes but we are all ultimately fans. I am not that big on accuracy as long as it is a cool representation of a beloved character (a la Mythos or PAK). I think different interpretations add to my appreciation for those characters.

I think Fett looks great.

It gets tiresome reading thread after thread of people complaining about inaccuracies . You can't really compare a $450 figure to a 10K 1:1 replica of a costume. That would be like comparing a Hot Wheels car to the real vehicle. Mass produced action figures are never going to have that amount of detail. I look at my vintage Boba Fett and this and all I can think of is how far toys have come in the last 30 years :lol

You could build or buy a screen accurate Fett for about 3k honestly

I think I see the issue now though. It's that people are spending their hard earned dollars on these collectibles and when they hear about the inaccuracies or issues they feel offended or attacked as if their money wasn't well spent.

Not for me. I have realistic expectations for a figure like this. I think it is unreasonable for people who have spent years studying a costume from a movie to expect the same attention to detail from a company mass producing a figure for sale. It's great that people are passionate and like to discuss the differences but I think not being able to enjoy it because of a few minor inaccuracies is extreme.

You could build or buy a screen accurate Fett for about 3k honestly

I just pulled a # out of my a$$

Not for me. I have realistic expectations for a figure like this. I think it is unreasonable for people who have spent years studying a costume from a movie to expect the same attention to detail from a company mass producing a figure for sale. It's great that people are passionate and like to discuss the differences but I think not being able to enjoy it because of a few minor inaccuracies is extreme.

Nicely stated, man. The key to actually enjoying a hobby like this is realizing what is a practical expectation and what is just simply unreasonable to ask for. I have absolutely no problems when an inaccuracy is pointed out that is actually a legit complaint (silver robocop, for example). Comments that point out REAL inaccuracies, like JCFETT said, are actually constructive and helpful. True and reasonable complaints can help a collector make a better informed and educated decision to buy a figure or pass; and in some cases, can help companies make revisions/improvements to prototypes before the final product is released.

I'd say for the most part (>90%) of the comments I see in this forum hold merit and actually improve and make this hobby more enjoyable for everyone. It's the 10% of ridiculous comments (made by upset/angry/bitter people who actually want the figure but **** on it since they won't or can't get it for whatever reason and OCD collectors that just don't understand what is possible to achieve for a mass-produced product) that don't contribute to this forum or its members at all.

Figure out what you want and expect from this hobby and ask yourself if it's possible. If it's impossible, you should save your money and stop collecting. Because again, a hobby is meant to bring you joy. Otherwise, why even bother taking part?

Great shots Stealth & Robbie :clap Boba looks fantastic!

This is the second time you've replied with a back-handed comment, along with the other pile of comments by others. You've made it clear that you're not a very discerning collector (despite how that sounds, I'm not saying that in a bad way). If it looks like the character, in a general sense, or if your friends can walk by the shelf and tell that it's Boba Fett, that's good enough for you. There's nothing at all wrong with that. At the same time, just because there are collectors who like to get more in-depth than you, that certainly doesn't mean they need to 'calm down.' Different sides of the same coin. You're right, and they're right.

JCFETT, darthflan and myself have all completed full-size replica costumes of this character. That takes years to acquire, fully assemble and paint, as well as thousands of dollars. Because of that investment of time, energy and money (and especially love for the character), all three of us are looking at the figure with different eyes than you. That doesn't mean that your opinion isn't valid (it is!), but it would be nice for you to kinda see where we're coming from, especially if the discussion is taking place in a very polite and respectful way, with lots of pictures and information. I, for one, am having a lot of fun participating in this thread, and I want you and everyone else to have fun, too!

So I don't see anyone bashing anything. We've been discussing it. There are many threads that devolve and have to have moderators come in and clean things up - this isn't one of them. There's a huge difference between bashing/nit-picking/making graphs or charts to show something that is wrong.....and this. I circled a few details on the helmet using Microsoft Paint, simply to show the difference in weathering. I didn't say it's crap or garbage or anything of the sort, and to my eyes, the figure is a 100% match in production as it was in prototype.

Besides those of you who have made the back-handed comments about nerds and geeks and so on, I know there's many people who like to learn the ins and outs of a character. When I'm reading threads about characters that I don't know much about, I love learning from those who do.

There's no doubt that this has turned out to be a great figure, and I think we can probably count on one hand how many cancellations there have been. So for the talking heads who say that 'everyone freaks out and cancels because the sky is falling,' I just don't see it.

The figure looks terrific, but, like with Hot Toys' John Matrix, it looks like it might be a little difficult to photograph. The visor HAS looked wonky in some pictures, but Stealth V3teran took the most fantastic pictures yet! I meant to quote them earlier, just got sidetracked. This is the cream of the crop:

Why does this picture make the visor look so much different than other pictures so far? Because Stealth know how to take a photo. That's another huge reason for people panicking...poor photography. I can't wait to get mine and photograph the HELL out of it!

Anyways, rant over, sorry for the long post. Let's get back to some Boba Fett.

Thanks for your comments. And thanks for posting Stealth's pic...

DSC_0624_zpspzmvjelb.jpg

...which is the best Fett has looked, IMO.

Wow! Stealth's photo is beautiful.. it looks like a real person could be inside that armor. Fantastic!

Thanks @rubio95 for writing what you wrote. I appreciate that! I thought about doing something similar a day or so back but decided to let all the comments float by haha, I think you hit it on the nose though! Nobody was up in arms! Just talking.

I think we all need to remember we are all here because we love Star Wars and these neat figures that we can collect! We are all collectors or fans whether we are experts or just having fun with the extra little bit of money we make. Star Wars brought us here and for what else than to discuss it and enjoying each other's knowledge and photography.

Yeah sometimes people are jerks, but generally speaking when discussing inaccuracies or things they are let down by it's not necessarily negative feedback, it's more less educational and kind of vital to the community. Almost a service, if you will. I eagerly open these threads specifically to see what people are talking about whether good or bad. Especially on new releases, it can be exciting! Almost every time someone notices something I didn't pick up on, that's really cool! It's really interesting to hear these point of views and a lot of times it opens up really interesting discussions, or even what we feel the artist approach was to tackling certain things from the original, or maybe just some funny photoshopped photos haha. Of course there is no way to replicate something perfectly, but hey that's what we are here for. I think we need to keep the mood light and understand this is the back and forth that helps this community exist. I value all your guys opinion whether I agree or not! :rock

Think about it like how you critique art by an artist. It's very comparative actually. If you are passionate about it or not, surely you must appreciate the fact that others do go this length. It's informative. And it ensures the progression of it for everyone. If people back in the day were hanging out in caves and were like "Damn Bill, that's a sweet stick drawing, we should just draw like this for the rest of time".... we'd never have the art we have today ;) LOL. Naturally we want things to be the best they can be and keep striving for something better. Maybe 2020 Fett will have a smoking Jetpack, electronic Range Finder with blinking LEDs and chest display :yess:
Thanks for the comments on the pics :duff

In person the visor isn't too distracting, it's a wonderful piece in hand and nails the man in a suit test.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Landed a great deal for this guy on EBay. Looking forward to him arriving next week and helping to start the picture parade!

Where are the pictures? I need some poses to steal folks! I think mine was supposed to arrive today. I watched the mailman stop in front of the house, get out and go around to the back of the truck.. search for about 5 minutes and then get back in his truck and drive off. Something tells me it's at my local post office and someone missed it when loading the truck smh..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So my wife is getting a dog, so she said I could get this figure. I jumped on the waitlist for the ex. Has anyone had Abby recent success stories on waitlist conversion

Landed a great deal for this guy on EBay. Looking forward to him arriving next week and helping to start the picture parade!

Did you use BIN or did the seller accept your best offer? I'd like the exclusive, how much did you pay? Thanks in advance for your reply. Hope you like the figure. It looks cool to me.

Did you use BIN or did the seller accept your best offer? I'd like the exclusive, how much did you pay? Thanks in advance for your reply. Hope you like the figure. It looks cool to me.

Was just bored and browsing EBay one day.. Saw a used one for $420 with free shipping. I had $98 in EBay bucks so I paid $322 total.

Nice deal. I have some eBay bucks at the moment. Hoping to find something good. Do you have to use them within the quarter?

Back