Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....
With the recent quality surprises from Sideshow, this could be an interesting alternative to the Boba PF. Especially when you think about the recent T-800 PF vs the Enterbay 1/4 BD T-800...
At least with HT you are pretty much getting something that is close to the proto.

Something just looks a bit off to me... could be I'm thinking too much about ESB, but even proportionally the top half looks bigger than the bottom and from the knees down looks undersized. Might be a bit of a futzing issue, but my first impression is a bit disappointed.

It says the sidearm blaster is exclusive. Did he not wear that in ROTJ then?

I have no idea... would be hilarious if he didn't wear originally in Jedi, but then for those awful SE scenes they added it in :lol

Apologies if this has been posted already. HT Japan released the price and is now being compared to QS001 Batman. If this is anything to go by, then the price increase is about 50% 2 years after launch of 1/4 Batman. Again, take note that Bats had 3 headsculpts included and a plethora of accessories too.

Licensing costs?

EDIT: $42000 is about $350 US, but of course exchanges might be way different 2 years ago. Bats was $465 in Sideshow.
$65000 is about $540 US.

10846047_814775408582646_8365592740752598182_n.jpg

Wow, if that's the case then my decision to pass is even easier.

His legs are bent in most of them though, which will skew the proportions a little.

The ones with him on the skiff base hide the lower legs - that are bent at the knees, so again a little skewing there too.

The bottom of the vest is really the only thing that stands out to me, & the rest is subjective as far as I'm concerned.

That is disgusting. HK price converted to USD is $384. Japan price converted to USD is $549. Sideshow price will be even higher. You got to be kidding me! I was so happy when the HK price was revealed this morning, i expected SS to be $425-440 with their usual mark-up but at $600 i won't buy this.

Where did that HK price come from? The Japan price is more along what is expected.

I love the character and this would be the key to my Boba collection and the end of it. I have the SS boba and prototype as well as the Jango coming in.
I really love my 1/4 scales (endo, batman) and I know the quality is there with this item.

$500.00+ US makes the most sense to me, in relation to what other figures are going for and the size. When I heard $385 US, last night, I just couldn't reconcile Boba coming in only ~$100 over RoboCop or around the same price as Iron Whiplash. Even if the outfit isn't that complicated, it is still a ton of materials and for a very expensive license. Presumably this will be a small run compared to a 1:6 version, too.

It'll be $385 only at Toy Soul, is that correct? So it'll be slightly higher for HK collectors who buy later?

Alright, fellas, let's lay the cards out on the table. I'll say $550, before shipping.

Oh yeah. Let's do it. Let's come up with numbers, preferably over $500, and let Sideshow know we are expecting that and it is ok to rip us a new one.
:slap

Oh yeah. Let's do it. Let's come up with numbers, preferably over $500, and let Sideshow know we are expecting that and it is ok to rip us a new one.

It's not what we're willing to spend, it's simply a question of how much we think the price will be. If we all said, "$300," you don't actually think Sideshow would go with that price, do you?

Either way, Sideshow already has a figure...it doesn't matter much what we speculate.

Drool....boba fett. I can't believe that aren't as many fans on here. I always loved this character. And this is just.....this is what I wanted most. You've guys have seen me post about a 1/4 scale Predator, Vader and Fett. Love the 1/4 scales and those 3 could end my collecting ( save for a figure here and there). But this really is a great additions to my coleecting.

Lol, so you're one of the conspiracy thorists that thinks SSC and HT determine their prices from a couple posters on the internet, hey. :lol

Hey, marketing guys! I would LOVE to pay $1000.00 for Boba!!! :wave

Here's where the HKD prices were seen. It's part of the online registration form/raffle entry @ HT's HK website. Must be special prices for the units allocated for the Toy Soul event, now the raffle makes more sense.

10603622_758196600931244_2530030245040196355_n.jpg

My guess is $649.99 @ Sideshow, as SSC marked up QS001 by a hundred bucks compared to HT Japan's price. And no, I'm not saying I'm okay and willing to pay $649.99.

Back