Hot Toys: 1/4 Official Boba Fett Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait for the 1/6th at that price.
Can't spend $600 on a doll body with clothes. haha.

Maybe if his weapons were dipped in silver, he acted out scenes from the movie, and provided home security with working laser weapons and recognition software... I'd just look at my hand with $650 bucks and the other hand with Fett and make an easy decision.

But seriously, I'd go $400ish.... I just don't see where that price is coming from with what's on offer. Size isn't a big deal - more plastic and cloth. A bit more weathering on the helmet?
I think they are just raping Star Wars fans, and that's cool because a lot of them will bend over.:panic:

Last edited:
If you want it but hate the price, just wait and see. You can't lose.

I bought the 1/4 QS Batman for $370 even. Good deals can be had.

If you want it but hate the price, just wait and see. You can't lose.

I bought the 1/4 QS Batman for $370 even. Good deals can be had.

But what will people do when the 'good deals' are $600?

Honestly anyone who is hesitant about the prices now, this is just the beginning of Hot Toys Star Wars, prices are only gonna go up - you'd really wanna have a set and very limited amount of must-haves with this line. Because the line is gonna be endless and the prices and the pacing of releases is gonna be brutal. HT and SS don't seem too concerned about pricing people out and HT are relentless with the SW reveals.

If the prices bother you now what's it gonna be like further down the line? Draw up your shortlists or back out and don't buy anything at all. I've chosen the latter.

Yeah, I don't envy anyone that's all in with this Hot Toys Star Wars stuff. It's going to be brutal, especially with these hitting back to back to back.

yeah.. the price is a pass for me.. pretty happy with the 1st Boba and the upcoming ESB Boba by Sideshow looks fantastic...

now if HT brings out a Han, Luke and Leia with their fantastic HT likeness.. that would be hard to resist...

Yeah, I don't envy anyone that's all in with this Hot Toys Star Wars stuff. It's going to be brutal, especially with these hitting back to back to back.

There'll be 9 movies, however many standalone movies, cartoons and CG shows and videogames to pull from. There'll be numerous character outfits & appearances to do, they might even delve into some of the more recognised backgrounders. Then there's the 2.0s when initial releases become dated. Small vehicles such as speeders, exclusives, variants and repaints etc etc. 1:6 scale, 1:4 scale, 1:12 scale vehicles. ****

Only George Lucas will be able to collect all this stuff.

But what will people do when the 'good deals' are $600?

Honestly anyone who is hesitant about the prices now, this is just the beginning of Hot Toys Star Wars, prices are only gonna go up - you'd really wanna have a set and very limited amount of must-haves with this line. Because the line is gonna be endless and the prices and the pacing of releases is gonna be brutal. HT and SS don't seem too concerned about pricing people out and HT are relentless with the SW reveals.

If the prices bother you now what's it gonna be like further down the line? Draw up your shortlists or back out and don't buy anything at all. I've chosen the latter.
Yep, well said.

have they hinted at a lot of 1/4 scale stuff though?
I think we will see these announced semi-regularly. Pretty sure we won't have any more year+ announcement gaps or anyone wondering whether quarter scale is dead. Bet we see Vader or another heavy hitter within 6 months.

Not a 1/4 scale collector so easy pass for me, guess my SSC Boba is gonna stick around a little while longer.

When Han and Chewie set was announced, it was like an epiphany. I wanted both, Chewie, especially. I looked at my detolf and stared at my humble SW collection. It would never be complete without Han and Chewie, I thought. No, It would never be complete, period.

And just like that I decided to just let go of all my SW figures. My friends thought it was stupid. I actually feel that it's liberating. Now I don't worry about catching up, what I should get, what I shouldn't (because I couldn't, most likely). Felt nothing when Vader and Obi were teased.

I'm here though, because I love both Boba Fett, but not as much as Batman that I'd spend $600 on him :lol

Is it crazy to say that in the long run it may be cheaper to collect their 1/4 line as the releases are more spread out than their 1/6 line?

A lot of us thought of that before. It seems that HT Star Wars might just change that though. Still might not be as many releases as in 1/6, but Boba doesn't look like he'd be alone for as long a time as Batman and Endoskeleton have been.

I think it's not a bad idea, if one wanted a limited SW display, to just pick one's favourites from the 1:4 line. Probably for $3k or so one could be done w/SW (6 characters). And that'd be over two years if HT released at a very brisk pace.

I don't really buy that prices are going to go up. They will print these thing like memos my sons. And with new movies coming out every few years they will be pushing new stuff just like the Avengers stuff. There is a point where people just won't pay more in general.

I doubt any of them will be rare save maybe a limited edition or something.

If you don't want it that badly or can't afford it don't buy it.
Yeah I bet some people might sell them when the 1/6th versions come out.

I have a hard time imagining Sideshow releasing a 1/4 Farm Boy Luke... maybe they will, but it seems that so far they've gone for the most popular figures. I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been a Ledger Joker.

I'm sure we'll see a Vader and Stormtrooper in 1/4... but almost seems like the "human" characters would be pretty far down the line if they ever happen. Could totally be wrong here, but a human in 1/4 does not seem like it would be a strong seller.

Very cool release I know i'm gonna hate paying ,but no use in arguing this will be bought. I dont collect 1/4 and only would allow my favorite's in 1/4 hated missing the 1/4 endoskeleton and know Boba will sell. ALL will hate paying for the price of Bounty Hunter but i know I'll pay up 4 his release.

When Han and Chewie set was announced, it was like an epiphany. I wanted both, Chewie, especially. I looked at my detolf and stared at my humble SW collection. It would never be complete without Han and Chewie, I thought. No, It would never be complete, period.

And just like that I decided to just let go of all my SW figures. My friends thought it was stupid. I actually feel that it's liberating. Now I don't worry about catching up, what I should get, what I shouldn't (because I couldn't, most likely). Felt nothing when Vader and Obi were teased.

I'm here though, because I love both Boba Fett, but not as much as Batman that I'd spend $600 on him :lol

That's good thinking man. I've had points like that in my collecting where I just kind of move things to make room or focus on what I really want. Other events just make you realize that having tons of toys, as awesome as they are, isn't always the best way to spend your money haha.

At the moment Fett and Vader are pretty much the only MUST haves for me. And a Jedi Luke :d

Back