1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Am I too late to join the Dearth Maul party? 139262470_10221964549816429_2986803599025272608_o.jpg

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Never too late...looks great!

Thanks for the posing vids JedhaP. I like that last one a lot.

Insanely good figure.

20210119_144448.jpg

20210119_144414.jpg

I can see what the praise is about.

European delivery for this guy just started. I received mine this week. Here's my current Crimson Dawn display. (Need to move 1/4 Vader out of the display but I need to find another display for him). Love the Solo Maul, one of the favorite figures in my collection.
6cea42806aa6701983f0b12c07934f56.jpg

83b8d8b8b7bf9dcb450c11c4e56bca57.jpg

European delivery for this guy just started. I received mine this week. Here's my current Crimson Dawn display. (Need to move 1/4 Vader out of the display but I need to find another display for him). Love the Solo Maul, one of the favorite figures in my collection.
6cea42806aa6701983f0b12c07934f56.jpg

83b8d8b8b7bf9dcb450c11c4e56bca57.jpg

So weird. I ordered this one from Germany and received it even before Sideshow [emoji848]

Also just received mine from my German retailer this morning :)

Dreaming about a Qi'ra figure from Hot toys.

be07b385c1503fc9fbc6e26867d10844.jpg

Dreaming about a Qi'ra figure from Hot toys.

be07b385c1503fc9fbc6e26867d10844.jpg

Would be neat to see Hot Toys throw some collectors a bone with that but I feel like that ship has sailed. A release like that would remind me of the POTC Angelica they did; an average side character from a mediocre movie that's part of a massive franchise, with not a whole lot to really set the figure apart from other releases no matter how good the head turned out. And that Angelica sold really terribly.... so.

Has anybody tried kitbashing a Qi'ra?

I gotta say apples and oranges with your comparison there. POTC had a good set of figures for fans to collect and your example was a good looking figure. It just had the misfortune of being released as that franchise was fading.

I'd still like to believe that there is a faint chance for HT to produce Qi'ra. "Solo" has turned out to have some legs on it in streaming, so much so that there are still murmurs of a spin-off show with her and Maul following some exploits of Crimson Dawn. Plus, Emilia Clarke is a genre favorite and finally, we never thought we'd see a Krennic figure from Rogue One and that one had a unexpected appearance long after the collectibles and figures from that movie faded so there certainly is a precedent for this kind of surprise figure. As one well-known scoundrel might put it, "Let's show a little optimism here!"

Now back to this Maul figure...

SOLO MAUL 005.jpg

It is just amazing to me that this version even got produced...and as a DX release no less!

That portrait is just amazing...filled with so much character. Really captures the essence and attitude the only Park could bring to the role.
It's just such a striking figure. While the accessories don't do much for me (don't like the oversized stand with it's lack of standard vertical support, the two useless holograms and the strange stool that makes him look like he's doing number two when he sits on it), I do like the outfit with it's various textures and layers with all those wired edges. The mech-legs look really cool too.

Yes indeed. A Qi-ra figure would look mighty fine displayed with this figure.

A couple more shots of this impressive figure...

SOLO MAUL 006.jpg

SOLO MAUL 007.jpg

Love the attitude in that first portrait shot.

Thank you both!

It sure is....great looking figure!

SOLO MAUL 010.jpg

SOLO MAUL 009.jpg

Back