1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

It is a fantastic figure jedibear, looks particularly good pairing with its DX16/17 counterpart. I have zero intention picking up the CW version, unless Pre Vizla is being made
Pre_vs_Maul-SOR.PNG.jpg

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

I like the chair but I think I’ll stick with him standing for now.

10BD2AE5-D309-459D-B982-9A8F0CC3831C.jpeg

That stance really highlights the outfit and the mech leg. Looks cool!

I'm probably in the minority, I love this figure, but honestly I'm not the biggest fan of the leg design, they have a lot of detail and are impressive sure but I actually prefer the more sleek look of his legs in Clone Wars. Having all that wiring etc. exposed just doesn't really seem practical either, maybe he slips off the armour plating after a long day on his feet?

Great piece. One of the best this year, hands down.

IMG_3688.jpg

Really don’t understand the hold up with my order of this from Sideshow. I was charged my last flex payment on Christmas Day. The payment was with PayPal and cleared no issue. Since then my order status has been showing as preparing to ship.

I sort of thought at first, okay it’s after the holidays so maybe they need a bit of extra time. Now it’s coming up on a week since I was charged. I get that there was a holiday and weekend between but still. Never have had this much of a delay before with a Sideshow order.

I'm probably in the minority, I love this figure, but honestly I'm not the biggest fan of the leg design, they have a lot of detail and are impressive sure but I actually prefer the more sleek look of his legs in Clone Wars. Having all that wiring etc. exposed just doesn't really seem practical either, maybe he slips off the armour plating after a long day on his feet?

It does kinda feel regressive after the evolution of his legs through TCW. And Rebels set after this was also the sleek design.

Really don’t understand the hold up with my order of this from Sideshow. I was charged my last flex payment on Christmas Day. The payment was with PayPal and cleared no issue. Since then my order status has been showing as preparing to ship.

I sort of thought at first, okay it’s after the holidays so maybe they need a bit of extra time. Now it’s coming up on a week since I was charged. I get that there was a holiday and weekend between but still. Never have had this much of a delay before with a Sideshow order.

IMG_0127.jpg

It's probably stuck in a container at the port.

View attachment 502659

It's probably stuck in a container at the port.
It’s listed as in-stock though and other people have received it. Plus normally if they aren’t ready to ship they don’t charge. It’s not a big deal, but just kind of weird.

I believe I saw on SSC earlier orders will resume going out on the 4th

It?s listed as in-stock though and other people have received it. Plus normally if they aren?t ready to ship they don?t charge. It?s not a big deal, but just kind of weird.

When the port was on strike a couple years ago the same thing would happen. Charge and wait, I think the longest i waited was about 3 weeks. Then they were literally shipping as soon as the truck showed up sometimes so quick there was zero notice. Might not be stuck at the port but i would not bet against it and covid lock downs are not helping either.

It does kinda feel regressive after the evolution of his legs through TCW. And Rebels set after this was also the sleek design.

Well judging by his appearance in Solo he must have also slimmed down quite a bit and took some reverse aging pills before showing up in Rebels... ;)

Well judging by his appearance in Solo he must have also slimmed down quite a bit and took some reverse aging pills before showing up in Rebels... ;)

Maul's Solo weight is the Crime Boss effect. Jabba, Bib, and Maul...

Maul's Solo weight is the Crime Boss effect. Jabba, Bib, and Maul...

Not to forget Boba Fett who anticipated is weight gain a bit.

Perhaps regressive, but I think better and more cool looking. Solo version just looks how Maul should look in Star Wars if he somehow survived being cut in half. The legs of the CW version look simple to the point of being unrealistically functional and I just don't like that costume design for Maul.

I’m wondering if Maul will make an appearance on the Lando show to tie up the ending of Solo. :gah:Another reason to consider this

Got it yesterday, such a great figure.
665b4e09ca81b67e2275ba9c1aecc3a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I was just about to dump some rewards and a coupon on this:slap
Oh well

Back