1/6 Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

No... this is a SS problem. It?s been a week and they still haven?t shipped him. Paid in full last week.

Probably will get here before mine does. I?m about done with SS. Anyone know of any other reputable US based retailers?

Check your order to see if they possibly overcharged you by a few cents. That happened with my Ragnarok Stan Lee and it got stuck in a limbo state until I contacted customer service and they forced it into a ready to ship state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

Check your order to see if they possibly overcharged you by a few cents. That happened with my Ragnarok Stan Lee and it got stuck in a limbo state until I contacted customer service and they forced it into a ready to ship state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. But the charges seem to be in order. They keep saying they are moving stock around from different warehouses. I'm about to cancel, along with my out standing pre-orders and buy elsewhere. Nothing like a retailer holding your money, while the figure sells out everywhere, and you are forced to pay the aftermarket late tax to acquire one. No good.

Thanks for the tip. But the charges seem to be in order. They keep saying they are moving stock around from different warehouses. I'm about to cancel, along with my out standing pre-orders and buy elsewhere. Nothing like a retailer holding your money, while the figure sells out everywhere, and you are forced to pay the aftermarket late tax to acquire one. No good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but SS has never been like "oops sorry we don't have enough to fulfill orders so we canceled it and now your SOL"

If you cancel your order with SS (which I'm 99% sure it's valid and guaranteed that you'll get it) and everywhere else is sold out, that would be on you, not SS. You had a guaranteed order and your impatience won out so you cancel forcing yourself to pay aftermarket prices :dunno

I had to wait almost 3 months for my retailer to get SS 1/6 comic superman even though every other stores had it. It's normally about 2 weeks after SS gets an item, my retailer then gets it. If I was impatient and canceled my order, I would've lost my deposit and the cheaper retailer price just so I could have it sooner. Not worth it to me.

I've got an Etsy order that's been chillin for 2 weeks in shipping limbo. Sure, it sucks but it's that time of year were even more unpredictable shipping things happen not to mention the pandemic on top of that. I know we're all tired of hearing that as an excuse but it's the reality of the day which really has messed up the way the entire world currently functions. Not everywhere is Amazon and you get your item 2days after ordering.

Some of these figures we are waiting 18 to 24 months for Hot Toys to release the finished product so after that long i have zero issues waiting a couple more weeks after it's at SSC.

Mine is on the way from BBTS...should have it next week along wit Cody.

I ordered one instock at Popcultcha last night.
Seems "I'm not done yet!" 😁

Well well well. What do we have here...

cWXwzMK.jpg

Yep. People just wanted you to post a picture of the box not the actual figure .

Hey, there's some fun in a slow reveal....

:)

That feels like a big overreaction. If Sideshow has your money, they are going to send you the figure. It's bought and paid for. They're not selling more than what they have.

They are the US distributor for Hot Toys and have the most to lose if they were irresponsibly unable to fulfill customer orders. There's honestly a higher risk of that with other retailers. Not that any of the reputable US stores would do that intentionally.

I've made over 200 orders through Sideshow over 10 years and have never had a stock/availability issue.

It's a difficult time and there's a lot going on so I think some delays are understandable.

Shipping is a mess right now as many have said. Patience.

Finally got my Maul head. Exceptional piece. Love it.

COMP 1a.jpg

That looks fantastic. A definite improvement to the DX17 version, as far as looking like Ray Park.

Hot Toys 【Solo: A Star Wars Story - 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure】

I'd say it's maybe a bit round (full might be a better word) for a young maul but still destroys the DX16/17 in every way.

That feels like a big overreaction. If Sideshow has your money, they are going to send you the figure. It's bought and paid for. They're not selling more than what they have.

They are the US distributor for Hot Toys and have the most to lose if they were irresponsibly unable to fulfill customer orders. There's honestly a higher risk of that with other retailers. Not that any of the reputable US stores would do that intentionally.

I've made over 200 orders through Sideshow over 10 years and have never had a stock/availability issue.

It's a difficult time and there's a lot going on so I think some delays are understandable.

That’s good to know. Just never waited so long between payment and shipping. 2 weeks seems a little long. And if it were not for everything being so upside down this year, and having other sellers over-sell on preorders and under-deliver or ask for more money when certain figures become hot, and hard to find.

I also have quiet a few other pre-orders with SS that are being paid as we speak... I keep getting the payment due emails, but no shipped item emails... and just don’t like a company holding over a $2000 of my money with no set ship or delivery dates. Makes me a bit uneasy. Especially with everything else going on. But I will stay the course... for now. All the HK sellers I deal with are fast to ship and are still delivering on time as promised. Yes... it is a bit more expensive due to shipping, and extra fees... but 3 days from HK to the US is amazing during this year. Not to mention getting the figures way before any dealers in the US including SS.

I'd say it's maybe a bit round (full might be a better word) for a young maul but still destroys the DX16/17 in every way.

I agree. The level of detail and colors of Solo Maul just look soooo much more real and like-like.

Much more lifelike in hand too.

The red angles further past the mouth than the younger Maul... but again, there are many things that make this distinctly Old Maul -- larger horns, tattoo placement, fuller face, etc -- but as others have said, it just looks so much more alive in hand, and more like Park. The brighter red and the more realistic sculpt were the two main reasons I decided to buy the head to replace my DX17.

If you mimic his expression, baring his teeth, it does make your face fuller if that helps. :)

Time for some COMPARISONS (various lighting) between DX17 and DX18 head on the DX17...

COMP 5 post.jpg

COMP 6 post.jpg

COMP 7 post.jpg

After seeing them side by side, I don't think the DX18 expression works for the Tatooine robes as well as it might for Naboo fighting Maul. Or maybe I just need to get the Tatooine version in more a the fighting mode.

Here's a couple comparisons between DX17 and DX18 heads only...

View attachment 501609

View attachment 501610

That looks fantastic. A definite improvement to the DX17 version, as far as looking like Ray Park.

don't think so, I have both DX17 and 18. Each HS has certain distinct features suitably fit with their own character.

Yeah that works surprisingly well there Wor-Gar. And makes the DX17 head look generic as hell in comparison.

Back