Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Chair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chair gives you several more posable options. Too many figs in my detolf on simple nameplate stands.
Generally I'd agree with you and generally I'd always pick the more deluxe package but in this particular case, the chair just does nothing for me and I can't see displaying Robo in it (similar to Hall of Armour for Iron Man, for me). I thought about displaying it in the background (which I could see being kind of cool) but I'm going to have ED-209 and Robo in the same space, so the chair doesn't make sense. Very cool of Hot Toys to give collectors this option, though. Hope it's something that continues because there will be cases where I'd be glad to pay the additional ~$120.00 for a good quality accessory or dio.

Lol at the constant complaining about hot toys prices.

Word, yet people drop 700 bucks on a custom suit for bruce wayne or 1000+ on "x" custom figure, none of which can hold a candle to this!!!
Have to agree in the sense that we're 'lucky' that Hot Toys is around to produce mass market figures of this quality, but don't see the point in comparing SSC/HT to customs. It's a totally different metric when it comes to value. And definitely some of the custom work more than carries its weight even compared to Hot Toys.

Last edited:
Lol at the constant complaining about hot toys prices.

It really does have to hit a plateau already though. The product has absolutely improved significantly over the years (the MMS10/26/32 compared to this is one of many examples) so naturally the price will follow suit, but where does it end? Next year when a MMS is $275 on average? Yea the improvement in product and increase in price should naturally move upward in the same direction but I'm sure that over the years HT has been able to produce for less and produce more effientily; I guess that's a whole different part to the convo though.

Hell you know me, I'm part of the small niche in this community that will spend big money on a custom fig, outfit or accessory but I see the value in that and understand why small operations have to price things that way; but when a big mass producing company that has they're game tight and you KNOW they are producing for dirt cheap is charging $125 for a 1/6 chair, and you can get a very decent 1:1 chair for less :lol .... you start to think "where the f__k is this all going"

Yeah, no matter how you slice it, ~$700.00 is a lot of disposable income to sink into two figures (and that's for the chairless version), even if value wise it compares quite favourably to customs and SSC's stuff, for that matter. When I look at their Vader prototype, I just have no idea where the $250.00 went.

The $125 or so more for the Chair accessory, although cool, would have put me over my threshold of pain for RoboCop and ED. I settled for just Robo and ED :)rotfl) for $700 PO, including taxes and pick up at my local distributor.

In a couple years, a 1/4 die cast will be like $800. haha.

yeah now remember the first 1/4 release will come first so that will be like $800.

then we'll get the mandatory 1/4 re-release which will include the fully sculpted head and the mechanical hoslter so that will bring the price up to $859.99

i am onto the hot toys trickery lol, ive learned from the iron man series haha

Hmmm... wonder if there is a way to mod the video monitor with a real 2" video screen...

I agree with a lot of people on here that upgrading to the chair is too expensive. I would probably do it if it came with that background diorama. Going by what is shown it just looks like it is the chair and him with no diorama except in the promo pics. Please correct me if I am wrong anyone.

He is like a broken record player that plays the same 5 seconds of music over and over and over. So annoying

Sorry fellas (and gals) its just I'm an old duffer and the only way I know to save a thread on this is to make a comment which is why I made the same one on both. Saying that I've just realised how to do it and also I have ordered the chair version TO GO WITH MY EB 1/4.

Sorry fellas (and gals) its just I'm an old duffer and the only way I know to save a thread on this is to make a comment which is why I made the same one on both. Saying that I've just realised how to do it and also I have ordered the chair version TO GO WITH MY EB 1/4.

125 for a plastic chair? HT is takin the ****

Last edited:
It really does have to hit a plateau already though. The product has absolutely improved significantly over the years (the MMS10/26/32 compared to this is one of many examples) so naturally the price will follow suit, but where does it end? Next year when a MMS is $275 on average? Yea the improvement in product and increase in price should naturally move upward in the same direction but I'm sure that over the years HT has been able to produce for less and produce more effientily; I guess that's a whole different part to the convo though.

Hell you know me, I'm part of the small niche in this community that will spend big money on a custom fig, outfit or accessory but I see the value in that and understand why small operations have to price things that way; but when a big mass producing company that has they're game tight and you KNOW they are producing for dirt cheap is charging $125 for a 1/6 chair, and you can get a very decent 1:1 chair for less :lol .... you start to think "where the f__k is this all going"

I get what you are saying. I really do. But there's a lot of speculation on our behalf as to what the profit margins are. There's no disputing that the profit is there. HOWEVER, the shift to die cast CERTAINLY incurred R&D costs and i imagine new factories are either being leased or built to handle the production of these figures. I suspect the added cost is paying for that to a large degree. And yes the chair is expensive when you view it as a single object... but how expensive would it be to make one? I spent over $50 in materials and many hours to create the television in my Bateman diorama and that seems far less intricate. If Robbie offered the Robocop chair at $200 wouldnt you snap it up? So what are we really objecting to? It's not like HT is forcing all of those people who want to buy Robocop to get the chair... heck you have a choice. Really the price is exactly what the market will hold. It's smart. And Im not shocked or surprised by it one bit.

Back