Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Chair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn my impetuous nature! Woke up this morning to find BD MkVII Ironman available to the UK.

Bought.

Got my buying juices up.

Robocop with chair soon followed.

I've got my eye on you ED209 :monkey3

That is funniest thing I've read in a while. I'd love to hear a expert opinion from Hot toys regarding the cost of their figures.:rotfl

I'm sure all of the materials/paint are justified through their insane prices. :rolleyes2

Tell that to Hot Toys. :lecture

:lol I think your sarcasm meter is busted, snoop are you planning on buying any of these Robocop figures?

You may want to hold off on getting one for a BD look P. There are sneak preview pics of HT working on an unmasked Murphy Robo version and some think it may be the BD look at the end of the film.
thanks for the warning, but that's what i meant by full bd - a figure that wasn't shown yet except for the head.

I saw that on a figure from RoboCop 3 (have never seen the movie - thankfully, from the sounds of it) but to me RoboCop and flying just don't mix (even though I'm fine with Iron Monger flying, haha). Seems like something they added because they ran out of legitimate ideas for the character.

Its such a shame to me that Robocop only got one good film. 2 had some potential and there was some good stuff in it but overall it doesn't quite work for me and never did. 3 is barely worth thinking about.

I just wonder why it was so. Most other franchises get at least 2 films of comparable greatness.

Its such a shame to me that Robocop only got one good film. 2 had some potential and there was some good stuff in it but overall it doesn't quite work for me and never did. 3 is barely worth thinking about.

I just wonder why it was so. Most other franchises get at least 2 films of comparable greatness.

as for Robocop 3, the lead actor Peter Weller didn't reprise his role along with some other notable actors in the movie franchise. another main issue was the decrease in budget for the third movie which was painfully obvious looking at the set pieces and special effects and such. i think the main problem came from the PG-13 route the movie took resulting in as little gore as possible compared to the previous two.

as a kid i thought that robocop 2 was better than 1.
now i understand that it was only because of robocain and disassembled robocop )

Especially franchises that employ Irvin Kershner to helm the sequel! I love Robocain but I agree, too bad the overall film wasn't better.

My guess is it will come with a display like that. Lately they have been doing these type of displays more and more. HT Indy and the newest Joker 2.0 for example. It would be a nice bonus if they did.

Doesn't sound like it does going by sideshows quotes. :(

Oh well the one good thing about that is I guess that saves me money.:rolleyes2

God I hope they do a RobertCop 3 figure
:monkey3

The murphy head could be a Robocop 3 version, so they wouldn't have to use Peter Weller's likeness but that is just speculation at this stage.

Yeah totally agree with everything you said!

:hi5:

as for Robocop 3, the lead actor Peter Weller didn't reprise his role along with some other notable actors in the movie franchise. another main issue was the decrease in budget for the third movie which was painfully obvious looking at the set pieces and special effects and such. i think the main problem came from the PG-13 route the movie took resulting in as little gore as possible compared to the previous two.

Which is probably the main reason Peter Weller probably didn't reprise his role. :lol

After watching the film again I was reminded how captivating a scene it is when he's in the chair having his "dream." It's actually a pretty pivotal moment in the movie.

I'd like to own the chair but the OCD in me is disappointed that HT didn't include switch out plates for the video monitor capturing his movements. It just won't sit well (no pun intended) for me to have him reclining with clenched teeth mid-dream sequence but have the monitor displaying that he's relaxed and leaning forward. :lol

Back