Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that custom paint job is pretty good. i think mynndawg was referring to the glossy faceplate. in the film, wm's faceplate has a more brushed metal finish to it. but it still does have more gloss than the original ht paint app shows. so i'd say the custom job is closer. also loving the weathering on the chest section. makes it look more realistic.

That custom looks great. I however am still very pleased with what we got.
Because it's Hot Toys War Machine dammit, and I'm not going to let a lack of glossy gray prevent me from getting this masterpiece.

Last edited:
Yeah, I actually agree with you on this one. That looks fantastic! I wish I knew how to do that, surely it can't be too hard. All he did was alter the light grey area.

I couldn't agree more about that. I actually ended up canceling my pre-order because I felt WM looked to plasticky for my taste, I feel it needs to look much more metallic like the repaint custom posted up or the Battle Damage Mark III.

I also ended up selling all 4 of my Hot Toys Iron Man figures because I realized I wasn't a fan of the movies after watching Iron Man 2 a second time, I actually didn't even watch it all the way through the second time. The suits also need a lot more screen time, that would've really made me want the figures more but the suits were barely even shown in the 2nd movie and that really turned me off when it came to dropping over a bill for these figs. Oh, well..........

I couldn't agree more about that. I actually ended up canceling my pre-order because I felt WM looked to plasticky for my taste, I feel it needs to look much more metallic like the repaint custom posted up or the Battle Damage Mark III.

I also ended up selling all 4 of my Hot Toys Iron Man figures because I realized I wasn't a fan of the movies after watching Iron Man 2 a second time, I actually didn't even watch it all the way through the second time. The suits also need a lot more screen time, that would've really made me want the figures more but the suits were barely even shown in the 2nd movie and that really turned me off when it came to dropping over a bill for these figs. Oh, well..........

buyer's remorse much? 'hype' really is such a devil isn't it?

anyway, this figure can't come fast enough. :impatient::gah:

Newbie here...

I am no expert when it comes to toys but considering this darn thing cost us
a lot of our hard earned bucks, i decided to "share" a short presentation just
to have an idea on what to do when your War machine fig arrives.

Be Gentle guys..this is my first time..C and C are very much welcome!!!
(feel sleepy already)!!

Packaging is decent enough, should be a big cost savings for the R and D guys.
Box is much similar to BLACK WIDOW and WHIPLASH. I wouldn't be surprise if
mark 4 and mark 6 will have the same packaging.

5089938866_dbb6b8ca32_z.jpg
5089341101_8d3a81153b_z.jpg

The noticeable thing is the MARVEL logo and the serial nos. Guess business elations are picking up for marvel and HT! (need to save now guys, more to come!!)

5089341297_e810916bca_z.jpg

Lets open it...first thing is the manual. There are a lot of helpful instructions for this awesome fig...considering there are lots of accessories on this BAD BOY. Good thing is, now it comes with a small plastic screw driver with a spatula like shape on the other hand. This becomes very handy as you explore the features on the fig.

5089939726_3f1db0ffb2_z.jpg

5089341933_0bb0ed22f3_z.jpg

5089940380_493444a0b5_z.jpg

Uncle Gospacho's ammo belt is placed on the top most portion of the packaging. its placed pretty decent enough and well wrapped in plastic.
Unlike the T600 before where in the ammo belt is already attached to
the gatling gun.

5089940916_6943026d8b_z.jpg

At the back of the figure are the switches, the neck area hosts the
switch for thelight up eyes. There is rubber lining present on the
neck area. CAUTION, when removing the plastic insulator, be extra
careful since the edge of the insulator is sharp and can tear up
the rubber.

5089941118_551e91e0f0_z.jpg

The bottom switch is for the chest ar reactor..One engineering marvel
also is the mounting pad of Uncle Gospacho (gatling gun), the thing (encirlced in RED) moves sideways by a few approximately 15 to 20 mm...it really swivels sidewards!

5089343485_1f9643e31d_z.jpg

Lets see the hidden arsenal, the great thing about this feature is that
its spring actuated. The Darn thing works! You can see in the manual how
to open the missile pad and the ever famous piece of super technology
from Hammer tech "the ex-wife".

5091199645_a080ec8968_z.jpg

5089344201_dd603c9594_z.jpg

CAUTION: The mounting tube of the ex wife has a pivot door at the
rear end...This is very difficult to open since the hinges are too tight.
What i did was insert the plastic screw driver infront and slowly back and
forth push it till the darn thing slightly opens...then you can fully open it

5091191669_74f3dbb690_z.jpg

Flight pack details, the back portion has some added boosters. You can just flip it then it pop ops.. But for the 2 bottom tiny silver holes, use the plastic screw. Same goes with the rocket boosters on the leg area.. the boosters can be retracted but only by a few millimeters (2-3 mm)

5089942776_219f270f56_z.jpg

5089943334_b1b48b59d0_z.jpg

GUNS: the best part is the gatling gun...You'll be amazed in the articulation on this thing. It can really swivel...Again, just be extra careful when playing with it. HANDLE with care.

5089345529_5af17e4793_z.jpg

On the arms, the mounting pad for the arm guns are cool...it can be flipped to open and insert the guns.

5089943688_856c65aaaa_z.jpg

CAUTION: The mating pins on the guns are very easy to detach from its place. Be extra careful.I broke mine already!!! but nothing Super glue cannot handle.

5089346127_d708f395bc_z.jpg

In summmary this figure rocks, might as well win the 2010 toy of the year!!
Broken torso you say!? Never planned to twist the darn thing anyway! Im contented with it..

5089346333_02e63c623d_z.jpg

Hope this helps..Hope you guys get your WM figs as well and enjoy it as much as i do!!

5089944558_d5b77fbf2a_z.jpg

God bless..Hope this helps...

For those wondering. The Rhodey head WILL NOT FIT in the MkII helmet without major modifications. They are shaped completely different and was a beast to get out of the War Machine helmet.

No worries though. There will be a MKII Rhodey helmet :D it will just take a bit longer than I expected.

Woah, thanks for the mini review mate!

Just realized bout the pivot door on the ex wife!

I used a slightly different method though. I carefully insert a pen knife and slowly spreading it open. Works pretty well too actually!

For those wondering. The Rhodey head WILL NOT FIT in the MkII helmet without major modifications. They are shaped completely different and was a beast to get out of the War Machine helmet.

No worries though. There will be a MKII Rhodey helmet :D it will just take a bit longer than I expected.

this is good to know
its a shame it won't be so simple but it is still good to know
let me know how you go about that.

Yeah, thank you for the mini review. Things like that help me start forming my review when it ships from SS.

Back