Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The white light is movie accurate.
And how is it getting less accurate? Isn't one of the reasons this is taking so long because they're incorporating the Ex-Wife in?

I wondered how long it would take for someone to say that. The white light is only accurate the the last half of the movie when War Machine was not under Hammer control so by changing the colour it is not making it any more or less movie accurate. What it is, is less cool. They should save the white light for the battle damaged version as that is completely accurate and keep the red as all the promo pics and media for the movie depicts the eyes and chest as red.

edit: I don't think the eyes change at all even when the control is lost.

Last edited:
I wondered how long it would take for someone to say that. The white light is only accurate the the last half of the movie when War Machine was not under Hammer control so by changing the colour it is not making it any more or less movie accurate. What it is, is less cool. They should save the white light for the battle damaged version as that is completely accurate and keep the red as all the promo pics and media for the movie depicts the eyes and chest as red.

no one knows if they are making a battle damaged version or not

The white light is movie accurate.
And how is it getting less accurate? Isn't one of the reasons this is taking so long because they're incorporating the Ex-Wife in?

I'd hope not, considering this:

https://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1485/img0279j.jpg

46672_10150242594145508_747120507_14590036_6426867_n.jpg

It's there, they have it.

I don't get what's taking so long.

ArcReactor (Lighted Chest Piece) on WM... was always white throughout the movie... I mentioned it (together with ex-wife) an hour or so after watching the movie premiered in my country (about 1/2 a day before US's premier, more 5 months ago) that's how long ago.

Here's WM under direct Vanko control blasting off chasing Mk. 6. (I'm sure there will be clearer pics from blu-ray copies)
wmwhite.jpg

few seconds after Vanko took control aiming the mini-gun at Stark/Mk.6
wmvanko.jpg

Last edited:
Do you import figures like this to the UK often ?. I have asked around but no one really gives a solid figure to expect fee wise. The way its going I will have to get a MK 4 from eBay and hate to think what the fees could be.

Like I said in the Mark IV thread, get it from Loontentoys if you get it off Ebay. Right now he has the Mark IV for about £140 (including P&P). He marks his packages as GIFT so they don't get charged at customs.

So all you pay is £140

First picture is before Whiplash takes control.
Second is right when he does.
Third is when Tony and James fight side by side. No color change.
1zp709z.jpg

Like I said in the Mark IV thread, get it from Loontentoys if you get it off Ebay. Right now he has the Mark IV for about £140 (including P&P). He marks his packages as GIFT so they don't get charged at customs.

So all you pay is £140

So gift will assure no chance of fees at all ?. I have asked around a few forums and been told various bits of info. I just cant afford it if extras get tacked on. One forum had fees down as 25% of marked value (which is needed for insurance side of things).

I will admit when you posted about the ebayer I had a look and it is one option for me. I have also found the MK 4 for £188 in the UK so no chance of fees at all. I just don't know what to think.
I've contacted OSB but no reply yet.

Edit - What I aslo hate now is that I am even thinking of getting both MK 4 IM and also a WM of Loontentoys . Damm it. Really hope no fees for THAT package.

I've had Black Widow, Abigail Whistler, Blade and Tony Stark off of him and only been charged the cost of the figure/postage. No custom fees.

As far as I am aware the only time they charge is if the item isn't marked 'gift' and all the ones i've had have 'gift' written on them. Best thing to do is ask him via email. He usually responds super quick so don't worry about it.

I've had Black Widow, Abigail Whistler, Blade and Tony Stark off of him and only been charged the cost of the figure/postage. No custom fees.

As far as I am aware the only time they charge is if the item isn't marked 'gift' and all the ones i've had have 'gift' written on them. Best thing to do is ask him via email. He usually responds super quick so don't worry about it.

Thanks. Reading that you have had that many items without fee's is very reassuring. I've given him a message a few hours ago to ask when he will have the figures in hand (MK 4 and WM) as after 45 days of paying through ebay if a problem occurs he does not have to refund.

Will give him a message after I hear back from him asking about putting it as a gift and will go from there.

Thanks again.

First picture is before Whiplash takes control.
Second is right when he does.
Third is when Tony and James fight side by side. No color change.

Oh noes I've started something here. My only defense is this picture.
war-machine-wallpaper-550x440.jpg

I have it as my wallpaper. And HT have the chest red on proto so they must have thought it was red too. Red looks so much better.

I have it as my wallpaper. And HT have the chest red on proto so they must have
thought it was red too. Red looks so much better.
What's on WM is essentially the ArcReactor made by Tony... these have always been white. Vanko's version for Iron WL and the Drones apparently can blink red before exploding

For which they have corrected.... with the 1/4 bust...

I may pop his head off and change the LED for the eyes to a more whitish (red) hue
2041731130106541617S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
If you watched the scene in the movie where they're examining the Mark 2 suit at the Air Force base, you will see that Rhodey takes away the Arc Reactor before Hammer or the army can get to it. So the Arc Reactor is essentially the same one that the Mark 2 had, without change. So there is no reason for it to be red.

Real arc reactor, bullets and missiles ?. Easy
Think I will wait for a battle damage version now. :rotfl

Bullets and missles!?:rotfl are you serious? ..the figure already has all the weapons he had in the movie ..VI offers more weapons and feture then Iv thus making it more apealling ..apart from a possible military suit and full rhodey sculpt nothing apart from switch out battle damage parts can be done to the actual figure to make it any better then it already is.

war-machine-wallpaper-550x440.jpg

I have it as my wallpaper. And HT have the chest red on proto so they must have thought it was red too. Red looks so much better.

Even the Mark VI has the wrong colour on the early promo posters.

What HT did was they their WM based on early posters, concept art or whatever early material they could get their hands on. Hasbro got the Mark VI colour wrong too. Only the recent batch has the correct colour.

The changes were made during editing by the director for whatever reasons.

I applaud HT for making it movie accurate. If they didn't there will be a lot of petitions demanding HT to change it to movie accurate white light.

Maybe someone should start a petition demanding HT to change it back to the red light. :rotfl

Back