Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS soon after that no doubt but I've got him stashed in a pile of loot that likely won't ship before February 2011...:thud:

Hey mate, if I recall there was a pic floating around of this excellent mod you did to this neck post. Hoping you could point me to it. I just picked up an extra neck post on ebay to do this to. Can't wait! Though with BBTS wait times, the neck will probably get here from China before the figure does.

WarMachine... achieving the movie look on DigiCam of the eyes.. no editing by PS

Using red filter on white LED light

purple-ish fringe.... very light pink in person, and totally different from the pics (intensity/colour/details observe)

54340878.jpg

How? I can't seem to find war machine listed on their site anymore? For a while I was keeping an eye on it, and then several days ago it just wasn't listed there anymore, along with any other HT figures they didn't have in stock. Not even wait lists.

Just put my WL through SS yesterday and it already converted today. Must be a lot of cancellation.

How? I can't seem to find war machine listed on their site anymore? For a while I was keeping an eye on it, and then several days ago it just wasn't listed there anymore, along with any other HT figures they didn't have in stock. Not even wait lists.

Yah all the WL and sold out items are no searchable anymore?. I went to Marvel category and click onto 12" figures. There u will get all the masterlist of every item listed.

Hey mate, if I recall there was a pic floating around of this excellent mod you did to this neck post. Hoping you could point me to it. I just picked up an extra neck post on ebay to do this to. Can't wait! Though with BBTS wait times, the neck will probably get here from China before the figure does.

Posted here, I'll repost:

Modding WM's LED at the neck
Replacing red LED to white (half height type), angling the LED at around 80 degrees from vertical, directly in-front of the eye-slit/slot in the head socket.

The red LED at the neck is actually very bright, but main intensity of the LED is angled 90 degrees away from the eye slot.

The neck 2 piece(s) are glued together.... I cracked it open through the ball socket, Insert thin long nose pliers and open, no damage to the socket/neck, the ball socket can flex but not the neck 2 piece.

90degrees.jpg

Adding reddish filter between the plastic eyes (long, flat, deep transparent plastic) and the light source, may try out other filters for a better outcome.. It's more pinkish than purple-ish as of now..

wmhead.jpg

Just picked mine up from CSC :yess: Now begins the agonizing wait to unbox the damn thing, no free time until after my daughter goes to bed.

Back