Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting... no second email from Sideshow yet to tell you the date they'll start processing.

Just received this yesterday and the light for the head do not work. What is the best way to take out the batteries. Should I pull the neck piece out or leave it in. What type of screw driver. I’m afraid of stripping the screws.

Just received this yesterday and the light for the head do not work. What is the best way to take out the batteries. Should I pull the neck piece out or leave it in. What type of screw driver. I’m afraid of stripping the screws.

Very small "Philips head" screw driver ... I believe 1.7 to 2mm will suffice

Modding WM's LED at the neck
Replacing red LED to white (half height type), angling the LED at around 80 degrees from vertical, directly in-front of the eye-slit/slot in the head socket.

The red LED at the neck is actually very bright, but main intensity of the LED is angled 90 degrees away from the eye slot.
90degrees.jpg

Adding reddish filter between the plastic eyes (long, flat, deep transparent plastic) and the light source, may try out other filters for a better outcome.. It's more pinkish than purple-ish as of now..

wmhead.jpg

Last edited:
Is it feasible to install a small mirror in the head so the light is directed periscope-style out of the eyes?

The brightness is great.
And you acchieved just by turning the led inside the neckpost?

Replace with a shorter "white" LED that allows me to rotate it within the space in the bulb.

You should be able to cut/saw/file the default "red" LED shorter and rotate it.. (As I said the red LED is blindingly bright at the correct angle.)

Last edited:
Replace with a shorter "white" LED that allows me to rotate it within the space in the bulb.

You should be able to cut/saw/file the default "red" LED shorter and rotate it.. (As I said the red LED is blindingly bright at the correct angle.)

I'll add a disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you kill your LED.

just got my war machine last night, but havent tried the lights yet. hope mine works! I notice theres rubber parts in the hip area. well, the paint isnt mettalic so there's no chance of fading colors i suppose...

Very small "Philips head" screw driver ... I believe 1.7 to 2mm will suffice

Modding WM's LED at the neck
Replacing red LED to white (half height type), angling the LED at around 80 degrees from vertical, directly in-front of the eye-slit/slot in the head socket.

The red LED at the neck is actually very bright, but main intensity of the LED is angled 90 degrees away from the eye slot.
90degrees.jpg

Adding reddish filter between the plastic eyes (long, flat, deep transparent plastic) and the light source, may try out other filters for a better outcome.. It's more pinkish than purple-ish as of now..

wmhead.jpg

is it possible to show some pics of the inside of the head? the filter and all looks really kool

Not having a proper good look yet, I actually ended bringing War Machine with me over a to a friends house last night before he goes on tour. T1000 didn't impress them but this one surely did!!!

I think these sorts of figures ie. nonclothed go down well with the heathens! :)

Theres a pinups thread? :horror

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2990506#post2990506

Yarp! :wink1:

anyone received theirs from Loontentoys?

Yup got mine yesterday!

Got mine from Loontentoys today. However the tracking still says that it's somewhere over the sea.

Have him in a wicked pose however my camera is broken and my phone camera isn't up to the job.

I understand people have had trouble getting him arm straight out or something...

The arms at the shoulder do rotate 360 - the shoulder pad moves with his arm.
Only thing is the hands don't bend up fully.

I have trouble closing the shoulder rockets down fully.
I believe there is some kind of clip in the silver part which you slide down - however I can't seem to get it to go in. Anyone help me with that?

I have trouble closing the shoulder rockets down fully.
I believe there is some kind of clip in the silver part which you slide down - however I can't seem to get it to go in. Anyone help me with that?

Just push it backwards and it should line up properly and you can feel it give. I was a bit iffy on that one too.

I gave that a go just now - but every time I push one bit the other bit moves up or down.

Does the ridge on the rockets clip into the slot in the silver part?

Back