1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
832b2a9d36db743bde2bc082340ef02d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered Drax again after cancelling him a couple months ago. Not sure how I'm gonna fit him in this time but I just hate the idea of waiting another year or more for another one that is basically the same with different pants. I'd rather just get this one if they're not gonna do anything better to his physique.

^ :lol I know the feeling...I just got my shipping notice from collectiblesdirect...date ordered 02/03/2016!!!

Been a very long time coming but it will be great to finally have a complete vol.1 line-up! :yess:

Pictures don't do him justice, very impressive in hand! I think the head sculpt is excellent, paint effect on the skin is great, I'd upgrade the torso if possible in the future but overall he's ace, he looks far better in the cabinet than he does in this photo.
drax.jpg

Pictures don't do him justice, very impressive in hand! I think the head sculpt is excellent, paint effect on the skin is great, I'd upgrade the torso if possible in the future but overall he's ace, he looks far better in the cabinet than he does in this photo.
View attachment 358722

Nice pose. This figure needs a bit of posing to hide its flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the figure isn't perfect, but I got him yesterday and man, do I love my Drax! :yess: Very glad I decided to get him. :) I'll probably get the blue pants once Drax vol. 2 is out in 3 years.

DSC_4209-2b.jpg

I know I'm late to the scene but I finally got my Drax today! Not perfect, but I think it's a pretty cool figure!
22496189_10210210191239637_8217824453521159594_o.jpg

Wonder when the Vol. 2 version of this gets announced.

I may even wait on the Vol 3 or Infinity Wars version. Still have some hope that they upgrade the upper body. Although when I look at BvS Batman, they displayed a body for a long time then swapped to the new body at some point.

Here's a tough question I'm dwelling on. I'm a Drax away from completing the first Guardians team. This is currently free global shipping and I have a coupon for $25 off which expires five hours before the Black Friday sale.

If anything, this piece is prolly going to go on sale, but they may drop the global offer. Shipping to me is around $US40, but Fed Ex sucks if I miss the delivery and I've started using my local post freight forwarder which works out a little cheaper than FedEx. I can't see much else I'd want in the sale except the newer figures maybe, but you never know right? And I'd only be able to get one if anything. I always seem to miss out on this sale because I stall or am at work or more often have spent up before the sale even starts.

If I miss Drax here, I'm stuck with eBay prices which are pretty static around retail. BBTS has it at $300 and shipping is about $70 and I always miss those sales at other online stores...

Reckon I should get this now? I feel I'll be on the regret train if I miss it and be actively hunting one for a similar price.

Here's a tough question I'm dwelling on. I'm a Drax away from completing the first Guardians team. This is currently free global shipping and I have a coupon for $25 off which expires five hours before the Black Friday sale.

If anything, this piece is prolly going to go on sale, but they may drop the global offer. Shipping to me is around $US40, but Fed Ex sucks if I miss the delivery and I've started using my local post freight forwarder which works out a little cheaper than FedEx. I can't see much else I'd want in the sale except the newer figures maybe, but you never know right? And I'd only be able to get one if anything. I always seem to miss out on this sale because I stall or am at work or more often have spent up before the sale even starts.

If I miss Drax here, I'm stuck with eBay prices which are pretty static around retail. BBTS has it at $300 and shipping is about $70 and I always miss those sales at other online stores...

Reckon I should get this now? I feel I'll be on the regret train if I miss it and be actively hunting one for a similar price.

Speaking as someone who beat around the bush on him for a long time, I say, get him. I preorderd him long ago, cancelled him for a star trek Picard, then reordered, pushed backed payments twice and I finally paid him off a week ago. He should be at my home by or right after thanksgiving weekend via tracking. I had heard all the moaning about his upper body and I had also wondered what a volume 2 figure would be like but at this point, I say, get what you want cause you never know what the future would bring.

I felt the same way about dr. strange who I finally ordered a few days ago and if I can squeeze them in I may get Punisher and Daredevil if they go on some sort of sale too.

Thanks darthkush. Speaking of which,lol.
My Sideshow Punisher arrived. Similar situation with Drax, but the "Act now, almost gone!" had me. Of course he's still available. Free US shipping meant only another $20 to get to me, but I did use a previous coupon. Had a huge pang of regret while waiting for this one. Thinking I should have saved for the real sales around the corner, but as soon as I cracked him open... love him!
mCtGgyH.jpg

Never really considered I was a Punisher fan...

Amusingly, similar to you, I held off for Star Trek before these two. Had the coupons stack because the Mondo turtles shipped so close together and used it for QMX Spock which I was desperately looking for as I had Kirk and Spock was disappearing everywhere. The last Tuetle gave me a coupon for McCoy, and it feels good I caught up on all those.

Back