1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn !
Seems like everything is delayed till next year .

Delayed! :gah: Oh well I've waited this long...guess I can wait for another few months - I'm just glad we are getting him. :)

When is it delayed to?

did we get an official delay notice?

Yes the shipping company Hot Toys uses collapsed so everything is up in the air at the moment. No concrete delivery dates on anything yet :dunno

Those emails from sideshow have nothing to do with any actual delay on hot toys side. Hot toys announced when they debuted this figure that they expected it could take until December 31,2016 before it even released in Hong Kong. So they still have two full months before it's even delayed. This happens every month. Really. Hot toys gives a large 3-6 month window when the figures will release. As time passes obviously that window shrinks, so updates are sent out. Ssc also often gives identical release windows to its customers, so people have funds ready at the earliest. But if the figure doesn't release at the start or middle of the window it does not mean it's delayed, so it has nothing to do with the collapse of the shipping company (a Korean based shipping company that isn't what's used to ship from china to USA anyway).

Those emails are just updates. They are not notifications of delays. They have nothing to do with hot toys as far as production. Until a figure misses its production company window it's not delayed. And since Drax was announced as coming out as late as December 31 2016 and that's nearly two months away...plus it takes 4-6 weeks to arrive in the USA after that..we'll you can see that sideshows announced arrival window has nothing to do with production and everything to do with making sure people have money ready well before it could even arrive. And then them telling people that it's not out yet via monthly updates. People got these same emails for war machine DC despite it having already released. Unless a figure is released early (and even then they still s me the exact same email just say it arrived early instead of adjusted to later) them every single figure gets these emails.

Saw this on the OSR Facebook page.
Some one took pics of Doctor Strange and this at Secret Base.
DRAX with the rest of the gang!

Drax.jpg

My local comics shop told me they'd have this in stock on November 30th, but there's no way that can be true.

They might as well just delay it further, and rebrand it as GOTG2 Drax, and include some GOTG2 stuff. The delays with Drax have been ridiculous.

I haven't got the delay email either. But I am also not expecting him before January either. Hell I am still waiting on Deadpool to ship..........Is it the 22nd yet?

Only email I got recently was the delay on the Terminator exoskeleton until March now. Can you paste the email you received? Also when did you place your original order, @ob1ob?

I ordered on March 1st. Here's the email:

Thank you for your pre-order of the Drax the Destroyer - Guardians of the Galaxy - Sixth Scale Figure (Hot Toys) (902669)!

We are writing today to inform you that we have recently received information from Hot Toys. We originally expected delivery of this item into our warehouse Nov - Dec 2016. However, with the updated information provided to us by Hot Toys, we are now expecting your item to arrive into our warehouse Jan - Feb 2017.

We apologize for the delay but we wanted to make sure we kept you updated on your item's status. Should you need to make any adjustments to your pre-order as a result of this information, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Back