1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

Looking at these movie stills, I see what everyone's saying about the figure so far...it's a bit off the mark. I wouldn't say it needs to be "seamless" as much as it just needs better proportions. Figure has no traps...chest a bit flat....and yes, that "dead face" look to the portrait is pretty dull.

I'm with the group that is hoping to see this developed a bit more. He is one of the three I wanted to get from this, so I'm hoping HT works on him prior to release...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible ...

Looking at these movie stills, I see what everyone's saying about the figure so far...it's a bit off the mark. I wouldn't say it needs to be "seamless" as much as it just needs better proportions. Figure has no traps...chest a bit flat....and yes, that "dead face" look to the portrait is pretty dull.

I'm with the group that is hoping to see this developed a bit more. He is one of the three I wanted to get from this, so I'm hoping HT works on him prior to release...

I'm sure they will fix the minor issues. Probably why we haven't seen anything yet

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

They did Robocop with chair, now lets have Winter Soldier with whatever this yoke is: mind wiping lounger or whatever
Captain.America.the.Winter.Soldier.2014.REMUX.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-iFT.mkv_snapshot_01.jpg
Captain.America.the.Winter.Soldier.2014.REMUX.1080p.BluRay.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-iFT.mkv_snapshot_01.jpg

sorry about the black bars, normally I remove them but its 2am :dunno

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I don't like seamless arms. They've only caused me problems in the past.

Id never buy this because I don't want to be confused with a pro wrestling fan. Sorry batista. Don't want your likeness in my house :D

It's sure to make wrestling fans jealous though! No Batista figure has ever looked like him :lol

id never buy this because i don't want to be confused with a pro wrestling fan. Sorry batista. Don't want your likeness in my house :d

WHY YOU NO LIKE ME?!?!?!
17_BatAngryLost6.jpg

But seriously just because your not a wrestling fan doesn't mean you should avoid this figure. You should avoid it for the crappy sculpt.

WHY YOU NO LIKE ME?!?!?!
But seriously just because your not a wrestling fan doesn't mean you should avoid this figure. You should avoid it for the crappy sculpt.

but if its fixed, the figure should be judged based on its movie counterpart

Id never buy this because I don't want to be confused with a pro wrestling fan. Sorry batista. Don't want your likeness in my house :D

What's wrong with being a pro wrestling fan?:dunno

Well that is the hope. But with Hot Toys it could go either way. When they finally put up the pre order the sculpt could be great, of it could be awful and never get fixed. Its Hot Toys, like the Facts of Life you take the good & the bad.

I ended up liking Drax a lot more than I thought I would so I'm really hoping this gets corrected. Come on Hot Toys, I'm actually willing to go ail in so get it done.

It's not that it's a crappy sculpt. The likeness is spot on but for whatever reason, HT decided to make a calm expression. He should have a look of anger. Some kind of grimace.

Not a huge fan, but the completist in me will force me to buy it. I just hope it's on the cheaper side since their shouldn't be much in the way of accessories. Really just need 3 sets of hands and the daggers. A second head sculpt would be the only thing to justify more than a $200 price.

Back