Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and the beauty of it was they blamed high gas prices for the shipping costs....

so what's the excuse now when its almost 1/2 of what it was last year???? f'n crooks!

At the end of the day though it's taking my package 5 days to go 3,000 miles for only $18 so it's not too bad haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipping weight is now based on the box dimensions for all boxes. Those 3-4lb boxes are now being charged by FedEx and UPS as though they were 11 or so.

See I'd say its a weight issue, but two weeks ago I got the shipping quote for my Maleficent which I ordered the day she went up, shipping quote came in at $18 to Washington from California. I cancelled her, reordered her with a code and got the $10 flat rate shipping that they added to her later. I think they put the flat rate price on stuff that isn't moving as quickly where with this exclusive they knew they could get away with a higher shipping rate because nobody is going to cancel it at billing date.

Sure. They are still going to offer deals when they need. But if people are wondering why it went from $13 to $17 or something on these figures, it's because of the new dimensional weight pricing from UPS and FedEx.

Shipping weight is now based on the box dimensions for all boxes. Those 3-4lb boxes are now being charged by FedEx and UPS as though they were 11 or so.

Well, that blows. I was wondering why UPS was charging me an arm and a leg to ship out a small figure last week.

If we say it almost doubled does that justify the whining? Haha

To be honest I'm not happy either, it used to cost me $25.00 for shipping & then Sideshow would give me a voucher code to spend on my next order, now it's $40.00 shipping & no voucher code. :/ So it's justified to be unhappy really. lol ;)

I just got mine from yesterday love the paint job anyways even it was a repaint.....

10357669_1590646121169148_9146642644303613283_o.jpg
10945124_1590646107835816_6338858602601034456_o.jpg
10952951_1590645507835876_4444775769406752667_o.jpg
10952099_1590646124502481_1831844639128891782_o.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments….actually wanna do some dynamic poses shots but the joint are kinda tight...scare i might scrub off some of the painting while doing that it would be a disaster haha….

Thanks guys for the comments….actually wanna do some dynamic poses shots but the joint are kinda tight...scare i might scrub off some of the painting while doing that it would be a disaster haha….

well theres no such thing as over cautious with these things but I think it will be fine :wink1:

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...Stupid Dock Strike....my online guy just e-mailed me and said he got another shipment of Hot Rods in and some Shadow Stormtroopers wanting to know if I wanted any...stupid SSC NRD...if that wasn't in place I so could have a Hot Rod now...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...Stupid Dock Strike....my online guy just e-mailed me and said he got another shipment of Hot Rods in and some Shadow Stormtroopers wanting to know if I wanted any...stupid SSC NRD...if that wasn't in place I so could have a Hot Rod now...

Buy one and when the Sideshow one comes in sell it

Wow I wish my local sideshow retailer got cool stuff in like exclusives... Hell it'd be nice if they actually got 1/6 scale stuff in at all... All they get are PFs.

Wow I wish my local sideshow retailer got cool stuff in like exclusives... Hell it'd be nice if they actually got 1/6 scale stuff in at all... All they get are PFs.

My store doesn't carry any statues/hot toys and they're a fairly large comic shop with several stores. I stopped by a Midtown Comics when I was in NYC a few months ago and they must have had 150+ statues, some at really great prices. I couldn't believe it.

Back