Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This, not so much:

997006_10152345251318565_5520080050103635628_n.jpg

Which kind of blows, frankly, because it almost takes away the reason to want the Delorean. That's like the classic pose and it doesn't really do the likeness justice.

It's all lighting.
I took a pic of a TF Bruce Wayne headsculpt yesterday on a DX12. The head in stark daylight is more like Bale than the DX12 Bruce Wayne head, but i'd say only about 70% of a true likeness.
But in my cabinet with some shadows going on, it looks a lot more like Bale than it did in sharp daylight.
So that Marty proto could be suffering from extreme bright lights and no shadows to emphasise the likeness.
Just a possible reason the promo images look better than the proto.

Well, if the right lighting means that classic pose works, then, GREAT SUCCESS! I love the figure, and I really want it. I was just saying that, if you can't do that classic pose without doing a disservice to the likeness, it takes away from the car, as well, you know?

Well, if the right lighting means that classic pose works, then, GREAT SUCCESS! I love the figure, and I really want it. I was just saying that, if you can't do that classic pose without doing a disservice to the likeness, it takes away from the car, as well, you know?

I totally get it. I wasn't trying to sound confrontational. Just that some toplighting that gives some natural shadows will really bring the sculpt to life.

Oh, no. I didn't take your post as confrontational, at all. I definitely know what you mean, though, man. I've seen great sculpts look awful with poor lighting and "meh" sculpts look pretty good (it can't work miracles:lol).

Oh, no. I didn't take your post as confrontational, at all. I definitely know what you mean, though, man. I've seen great sculpts look awful with poor lighting and "meh" sculpts look pretty good (it can't work miracles:lol).

No. It cannot. Just take a look at TDW Loki... Looks more like Daniel Day Lewis...
But i am keeping my fingers crossed that any changes done between now and production are good ones and help with the likeness.
But i am also mindful of the difference between full on bright light and a few shadows to help the likeness.

$_35.JPG

A347158F-BDE4-4AAC-A318-83842E4C4448.jpg

Pre ordered mine paid the deposit today! If your uk based I'd say go via Onesixth bruce some of the money goes to to micheal j fox trust!

I'm so hyped!

Pre-ordered with Wai Man as well. He's likely to be the cheapest.

But I am concerned he might be receiving his stock about three months later than everyone else. :panic:

But I am concerned he might be receiving his stock about three months later than everyone else. :panic:

Try 7 months, still waiting for my DX-13 T-800, gave up on the 89 Batmobile and cancelled. I'll most likely go with Collectable Kitbash, even if it is slightly more. The extra waiting time with OSB is infuriating.

Try 7 months, still waiting for my DX-13 T-800, gave up on the 89 Batmobile and cancelled. I'll most likely go with Collectable Kitbash, even if it is slightly more. The extra waiting time with OSB is infuriating.

That's crazy.:cuckoo: I've had the DX13 for ages.

I'm still waiting for Batman and Robin and Wolverine. They're late, but nowhere near as late as that DX13.

Tell me about it, i'd ordered a 2nd T-800 body in order to display both looks from the DX-13. I'd received those extra parts from Collectable Kitbash, way back in January.

Got my Batman and Robin about 3 weeks ago, CK strikes again. It was only marginally more expensive, but it's so much less stress, it's worth it.

Back