Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine didn't say that a week ago.

Untitled-1.jpg

Mine didn't say that a week ago.

View attachment 178358

On one of my previous figs it did that, then went back to processing then back again. Doesnt mean much, believe me the first time i seen that I was leading myself on thinking they messed up and I was going to get it earlier than anyone else.lol. Also depending if you set up your flex near the end of the month you might have to call them and move the date up if it arrives in april or early may...well thats if you want to get it earlier. They wont allow you to pay earlier if its your last payment until it arrives. Or at least they didnt let me on the last fig.

Im super excited to get this next week, sculpt isn't as spot on as the proto which wasn't to be expected as that was a proto but its still damn fine

Love this shot by jingo
10320531_976538665691081_2086018901378325508_n.jpg

I think it's a reasonable likeness but then I have never studied Michael J Fox's head to any degree because I never knew I wanted a figure of him until HT showed this.

Rorywan said they ****ed up his hair, and I well believe that because HT doesn't seem to think getting hairstyles right is all that important to a likeness. They phone in Arnie's hair on all the Terminator figures.

I showed this to my fiancée without telling him who it is and he didn't recognize him at all. He said it looked like Rob Lowe. I can see the likeness, but the sculpt looks a little soft. Still is a nice looking figure though.

I showed this to my fiancée without telling him who it is and he didn't recognize him at all. He said it looked like Rob Lowe. I can see the likeness, but the sculpt looks a little soft. Still is a nice looking figure though.

I can't understand that. It may not be 100% but I would certainly know who it was meant to be if I saw this headsculpt in isolation from everything else.

Some guys really, I mean, really, love their Hot Toys. :lol

I think it's a reasonable likeness but then I have never studied Michael J Fox's head to any degree because I never knew I wanted a figure of him until HT showed this.

Rorywan said they ****ed up his hair, and I well believe that because HT doesn't seem to think getting hairstyles right is all that important to a likeness. They phone in Arnie's hair on all the Terminator figures.

His head may be a little too narrow, in order to accommodate the headphones, as someone else pointed out. It's not perfect but it's unique and unexpected, so it's got that going for it.

I can't understand that. It may not be 100% but I would certainly know who it was meant to be if I saw this headsculpt in isolation from everything else.

Yeah I see MJF in the sculpt no question. It'll be amazing in person just like most other figures. I'm not worried.

Oh, I agree with you. I recognize who it is. It's always interesting to get the perspectives of others who may not be as absorbed with these things as we are. :lol

I think the likeness turned out good. It matches the prototype pretty closely which I didn't have a problem with in the first place. It might not be completely dead on but I would say it's very close and I can definitely see Michael J Fox in it.

I'm psyched. Marty McFly was my grail 1:6 since entering into this hobby and the figure looks to be as good as the prototype. I can't wait to get it.

Back