Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure shouldn't be too far from shipping.

Come on HT, show us Doc!

Yeah, the last email said April- June but that was BEFORE the dock sit was resolved so I'm thinking April/May now.

And yes, I'd much rather have the guitar EX than not.

Well, maybe several months. I got an email from SSC a few days ago saying it's expected April to June, so it could be as close as a couple of months.

Folks want the little yellow guitar from the opening scene, rather than the black one he uses in the talent show audition. Yellow guitar is probably Doc's, though.

Oh. I'd prefer talent show. He's supposed to have sunglasses on when holding the first one anyway. It's been a while since I looked at the pics and thought people were saying that they included Marvin's guitar with 1985 Marty.

Oh. I'd prefer talent show. He's supposed to have sunglasses on when holding the first one anyway. It's been a while since I looked at the pics and thought people were saying that they included Marvin's guitar with 1985 Marty.

The guitar we're getting with the EX was Marty's guitar. The others belonged to Doc and Marvin.

The yellow guitar from the opening scene would have been my choice. And, yeah, he does come with the glasses and there's no reason to believe he can't wear them. I imagine they'll fit just like Coulson's did on him.

Coulson has very close-cropped hair whereas Marty doesn't. If there aren't holes in the hair, like the MMS238, I'm not sure how the figure could wear the sunglasses without them breaking and/or looking weird. It's a very minor issue either way.

I don't think the glasses can be worn. In the picture they have the ear hook on the glasses, yet there is no room for this to fit over Marty's ears. If they can be worn I would have thought he'd be posed in a picture wearing them.

I'm guessing the earpieces will just go over the hair. Probably would look odd but I dunno. Surely HT didn't included them and they not be wearable.

He's in one pic holding them above his eyes. Maybe that's all they were meant to be used for.

The glasses were included to recreate the movie poster, or at the very least a loose approximation, not to be worn, I don't think. Again, not a major issue. I just wish this were dropping next month! :lol

bttfposter.jpg

I haven't even seen any pics of the guitar except for the little red pic in the collage. I can't tell much detail in that though. Have you seen other pics somewhere to tell how nice it is?

I also haven't seen any pics of the guitar yet. If you have some pics I would love to see them.

Sorry, no I haven't seen any pics. I'm just using HT's Crow guitar as a standard.

Coulson has very close-cropped hair whereas Marty doesn't. If there aren't holes in the hair, like the MMS238, I'm not sure how the figure could wear the sunglasses without them breaking and/or looking weird. It's a very minor issue either way.

In the pictures, it looks like there's a bit of a gap between the "wings" and his ears. Perhaps you just slide them under and hook them over his ears?

Back