Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waitlist for EX opened up... here's hoping.

Still comes out to be $270... damn taxes. I don't know why they're charging me $17 for shipping when they're also in CA. These new $300+ figures are really going to hurt when it really means $340+ for me.

Last edited:
I live in CA also. Really dont need the exclusive. I will wait until an ebay retailer has it for $10 under msrp with free shipping and no tax.

Wow screw you SSC!!!

So all Australians on the waitlist were simply ignored and will not be able to order this because it is now not available to ship to Australia. The customer service at SSC suck considering the woman who emailed me back couldn't tell me anything about the waitlist.

So where are Aussie collectors supposed to get the Ex from if it isn't available for us to buy anywhere. This is just unfair considering SSC never stated this was not available to Australia to well after the ex had sold out!

Yes, looks like I'll just pick up the regular at a local dealer later on.

First of all, thank you. No one seems to understand how difficult it is to be an Australian collector.

Secondly, have you checked Popcultcha? They have the exclusive for $290(our money) and shipping is free Australia wide!
They offer payment plans too, last I checked.

First of all, thank you. No one seems to understand how difficult it is to be an Australian collector.

Secondly, have you checked Popcultcha? They have the exclusive for $290(our money) and shipping is free Australia wide!
They offer payment plans too, last I checked.
Hey you're welcome :)

I thought popcultcha only had the regular version because they don't list the exclusive items.

Hey you're welcome :)

I thought popcultcha only had the regular version because they don't list the exclusive items.

They have the Groot/Rocket two pack. And Starlord it seems.

Hate to break it to you but they are just the standard versions. :(

I gave up on the Ex Stormtrooper pack from SSC and ordered the standard from Pop (I had some pennies available with them).

Fortunately I got the Ex Starlord from SSC before they started with these Australia embargo shenanigans. It looks as though my W/L for the Iron Man Mark III Ex has been skipped over though :gah:

Where do they ship from?

They are based in and ship from Geelong, VIC.

Hate to break it to you but they are just the standard versions. :(

I gave up on the Ex Stormtrooper pack from SSC and ordered the standard from Pop (I had some pennies available with them).

Fortunately I got the Ex Starlord from SSC before they started with these Australia embargo shenanigans. It looks as though my W/L for the Iron Man Mark III Ex has been skipped over though :gah:

They are based in and ship from Geelong, VIC.
Yeah, I figured Pop only had the regulars.

SSC still claim in an email to me that they would honour my waitlist and ship to Australia if they still had them available. Now I really don't believe that considering they have reopened the waitlist to new orders without fulfilling their old ones. They also stated that HT have made these restrictions about shipping certain items to Australia and told me to contact them.

I am planning to purchase from Popcultcha from now on considering they are cheaper with the exchange rate.
From my understanding, the most you can get off with the pennies is $50 or 10% so you can't accumulate like you can with SSC points. That's a bit of a shame, but in the long run they are cheaper when the dollar is lower.

Back