Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got on the waitlist for the EX on the 9th of August 2014 but mine hasn't converted. I got the email last year stating that they were sold out. My waitlist reservation is still there, however.

The fact that some got converted after getting on the waitlist at a later date, is this to do with what country we get it shipped to? I'm from Australia so I thought this might be the only logical reason. I got offered the discount on the regular with Sideshow but the exchange rate makes it cheaper to source from an Australian distributor.

I got on the waitlist for the EX on the 9th of August 2014 but mine hasn't converted. I got the email last year stating that they were sold out. My waitlist reservation is still there, however.

The fact that some got converted after getting on the waitlist at a later date, is this to do with what country we get it shipped to? I'm from Australia so I thought this might be the only logical reason. I got offered the discount on the regular with Sideshow but the exchange rate makes it cheaper to source from an Australian distributor.

Well it is definitely not a coincidence that 3 Australians on the waitlist have not had theirs converted. Everyone on the waitlist received that email and those that did not cancel to to get the cheaper regular still remained on the waitlist. The regular Starlord is no longer available to be shipped to Australia, so it looks like our waitlists will not be fulfilled.

I have written to SSC, but have not received a reply as of yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a bummer that they pushed the release date of this figure! I'm still on the fence on ordering one, and I thought that this month when more people get it I'll see more pics and more poses that'll help me decide if I should pick one up or not!

What keeps me hesitated is the sculpt of Pratt's face, the expression that they gave him doesn't look right in a dancing pose for example or in any pose that I've seen so far! And the headphones look too big for his head! And also obviously because the fact that he doesn't have the short jacket, These are the things that bugs me the most about the figure.

I know that the colors of the headphones are inaccurate but due to what some people said that they might get into some legal issues with Sony, I can accept it because it's out of their hands, if that's the case.
Other than that everything looks beautiful especially the masked head which I'll be posing him with it if I ever pick one!

I did a live chat this morning where they insisted the waitlists were filled in order and that mine was still active. Who knows what's going on. Considering cancelling for local purchase. would save me $15-$20 but take a few more months. I only just got my locally bought Batman Armoury this week. Decisions decisions.

If you guys are in the same boat as me better ask sideshow to put some of your Full payment toys into flex payment in that way atleast you'll get some payment off during the Jan-February dry spell =)) Good thing my hot rod is in Flex already so i unloaded half of that during dec then requested the same for my Starlord Ex and Marty Ex plus also asked them if i can pay one of my flex order that are in stock to be payed in full early.. Done all that in one chat! Tesa is the bomb shes always a pleasure to talk to when it comes to fixing stuff with your orders =))

hmmm.... never give up hope :lecture :duff

I did a live chat this morning where they insisted the waitlists were filled in order and that mine was still active. Who knows what's going on. Considering cancelling for local purchase. would save me $15-$20 but take a few more months. I only just got my locally bought Batman Armoury this week. Decisions decisions.

I would definitely only buy the regular from a local dealer. Should be at least $30 or more cheaper overall.

The waitlists are clearly not being fulfilled in order seeing as you ordered on the 9th and they're well past that with the orders. Oh well, we will see what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gutted that this is on a boat all the way from China to US, where it will eventually be shipped over here to the UK. Goddamn shipping delays!

I'm gutted that this is on a boat all the way from China to US, where it will eventually be shipped over here to the UK. Goddamn shipping delays!

Ah, I see you're in Portsmouth. I'm in Southampton. Don't hate me though; I'm not into football and I'm not even British, but I understand our cities have a bitter hatred for each other. Anyway, I'm not upset about waiting for it to get here. I ordered through OneSixthBruce and just got an email tonight saying mine is being processed for shipping in China. Won't be long now.

I'm in the UK and getting mine from Collectable Kitbash so I won't see mine for a while due to all the stuff going on with the docks :'(

I hope it won't be long.

I've received emails advising that the T1 T800 BD; Batman Armoury and Robocop are all "PROCESSING - shipping from China is being prepared."

However, they said that about Batman and Robin last May but they still haven't arrived.

OSB's Chinese/Hong Kong suppliers apparently treat them like mushrooms: they keep them in the dark and feed them ****.

I won't believe it until OSB actually say the parcel is packed and out for delivery.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the insight. As of right now, I only own one Hot Toy (The Amazing Spider-Man). It kept getting delayed but when OSB finally got word it was shipping from China, I had it in my hand within a week or so. I guess I just assumed it was standard procedure for things to move pretty quickly after being updated to "processing".

From my other Guardians thread. I done some shots in my Studio. I will be doing more on Tuesday.

10835201_1019705718046464_6854221676253956898_o.jpg

10924268_1019705681379801_4880038041276929649_o.jpg

Back