Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously HT employees couldn't be as blind to get orange confused with purple lol. Looks like they tried to get as far away from a similar colour as they could.

I probably won't even pose him with the walkman anyway lol

So when its this expected to release? i'm hearing both January and March???

I try to get him from Hong Kong on Ebay but all the sellers had it on pre-order only with an ETA for mid-february .

With the dock issues going on, I would be really surprised if this shipped from Sideshow in January. Just about everything else has been pushed to Feb-Mar because of this. I am going to assume the same for Star Lord.

Thanks! But Sony could file litigation for using walkman with a similar color scheme but no markings or logo? Ridiculous! Why doesn't Nike do the same cause Marty McFly is wearing white shoes...

It's a matter of degrees and legalities. White shoes can be claimed to be any white shoes. If they looked only like nikes brand shoes then the possibility would be there for a suit.

With the Walkman, at the times this figure is from (not like now, but the time it represents) if the Walkman looked exactly like the Sony version it could have only been the Sony version. Is there a big chance they would sue, nope. Though it's there. The bigger issue is working relationship and trust and future negotiations. As hot toys needs to get licenses thru/from Sony, for movies like Spiderman and so on, where as HT really has no professional relationship with nike. It's as much about not pissing off a person that you will have to work with in the future.

It's a matter of degrees and legalities. White shoes can be claimed to be any white shoes. If they looked only like nikes brand shoes then the possibility would be there for a suit.

With the Walkman, at the times this figure is from (not like now, but the time it represents) if the Walkman looked exactly like the Sony version it could have only been the Sony version. Is there a big chance they would sue, nope. Though it's there. The bigger issue is working relationship and trust and future negotiations. As hot toys needs to get licenses thru/from Sony, for movies like Spiderman and so on, where as HT really has no professional relationship with nike. It's as much about not pissing off a person that you will have to work with in the future.

Good point, i never considered the amount of licensing interaction that hot toys has with Sony. Im not much of a customizer as I always fear that I will trash my stuff. But that purple is too off, too distracting. The headset earpads need to be orange too. I'll probably try to repaint it myself.

Good point, i never considered the amount of licensing interaction that hot toys has with Sony. Im not much of a customizer as I always fear that I will trash my stuff. But that purple is too off, too distracting. The headset earpads need to be orange too. I'll probably try to repaint it myself.

Yea it can be scary to try and paint a 300 dollar figure. Lol but once you do it Im sure you will be happy. And you could always ask if someone on here would help. There are a lot of talented people here.

There's also a chance a third party will create an unlicensed Walkman closer to the screen used model, along with a short jacket. I would wait a while, or at least pick up a second purple Notawalkman to repaint.

My waitlist converted too! And I took the offer on the regular one. Now to decide if I keep both. I'll probably cancel the regular.

Back