Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a brave soul to do that with such an expensive collectible. Not something I could ever bring myself to do. Especially since the long jacket and short jacket had little in common other than color.

View attachment 154953

Yeah I dig it's not movie accurate, but I like the look. And if I wanted I could buy a loose jacket from ebay to replace the one I cut up. So it's all cool!

Yeah, I don't think I could ever cut that jacket. I'd just wait for the ebay one. But after seeing the short version, I like the longer jacket better.

At a quick glance the cut long jacket doesn't look that bad. But when I actually analyze it, I don't like it at all. As mentioned, the design/style of the jackets are different, and it needs to be tighter around his waist. At least now I know not to do it myself.

10841931_591576867641804_5083259390028256502_o.jpg

Just cancelled my EX and ordered the regular. In the end, I just couldn't justify paying more money for a tiny grey ball and handcuffs I'll never use. Hope I made someone on the waitlist happy.

I just preordered this from Sideshow. It's the first time ordering anything from Sideshow. It's says in stock in Jan. How are they usually on preorders with getting them in to ship on time? I am assuming it should be because these have already been out overseas for a couple of weeks now.

I just preordered this from Sideshow. It's the first time ordering anything from Sideshow. It's says in stock in Jan. How are they usually on preorders with getting them in to ship on time? I am assuming it should be because these have already been out overseas for a couple of weeks now.

If I am not wrong, exclusive is out first and regular soon after. Depends on which you got which I assume is the regular as you just po-ed it. Sideshow is usually 1-2 months after Hong Kong release. Their dates are dependent on HT so they change regularly.

Am I the only one who liked the look of the long jacket more than the short? I know he wore the long one only in the beginning of the movie, but IMO it looks much cooler than the short one.

And with two heads included, I'm really really hoping that Pop Toys or one of these aftermarket companies makes an additional clothing outfit with the short jacket. Heck, what would be even better is if it came with the short jacket and the vest. I really liked the look of the vest.

Am I the only one who liked the look of the long jacket more than the short? I know he wore the long one only in the beginning of the movie, but IMO it looks much cooler than the short one.

And with two heads included, I'm really really hoping that Pop Toys or one of these aftermarket companies makes an additional clothing outfit with the short jacket. Heck, what would be even better is if it came with the short jacket and the vest. I really liked the look of the vest.

Yes. :lol

I like the long jacket look, I would have actually preferred him use it throughout the movie, but I can understand that it would probably have been too cumbersome to be practical for some scenes. Or maybe it was just his rain jacket... who knows. :lol
But since there were multiple outfits for him (and the team) in the movie, the completist in me wants them all.

They are the same price... or did you order from somewhere besides SSC?

I ordered it from Sideshow, but I couldn't add a coupon to it, so I cancelled it so that I could add the coupon. I probably never would have had him holding the Orb or in the hand cuffs any way. The EX would have come out closer to $270, once shipping and taxes were factored in, so 246 was a much more appealing price.

Back