Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh this has to be my favorite two shots of this figure. I'm happy I ordered this from Hong Kong and can't wait to get this in hand.

ae7926e23487a86ea3c5d7c02e05a9b4.jpg

51d72febb0f81cec93b870209ef986cb.jpg

Figure turned out well, IMO. Will try to get one if budget permits.

Also, I will definitely miss OMG's photos. Thanks and goodluck on your future endeavors, OMG!

I think this is going to be the best figure in my collection. Or a close second to Avengers Loki. The hype is real!

Why did OMG quit?!

Also i'm not a fan of the smirking headscuplt. It works if he's listening to the headphones or something but pointing his guns and it looks weird. Should have had a serious sculpt as well. I'll probably pose mine with the mask.

So glad i ordered the Ex, the stone is a cool item to have.

I really think about getting this.
Just a great figure and cool character.

I think one should have at least one superhero team complete and Guardians seem to be my way to go...

:rock

I really think about getting this.
Just a great figure and cool character.

I think one should have at least one superhero team complete and Guardians seem to be my way to go...

:rock

Exactly my thoughts. Its a fixed team, unlike the Avengers. They will look good with Starboost IM too.

This was my most wanted figure of the year by far but sadly I don't like the sculpt at all. From most angles I am not seeing Chris Pratt and it seems very muddy and smooth.

And yes the headphones are WRONG. The foams are orange Hot Toys. Seriously.

Sigh... I was hoping the final product would be different but the head sculpt to me looks nothing like Chris Pratt. The main reason for me getting this figure was because how much I loved Chris Pratt's character Andy Dwyer on Parks & Rec, I planned on displaying him without the mask but now I think I might have to put it on... It'll bother me too much how off his face looks, then again I could be surprised when it comes in. I was meh at DX11 Joker 2.0 from the first teaser all the way til when people started posting pictures of their own figure on the thread once it started to ship, then mine came and I absolutely fell in love with it now I every time I pass by, stare and admire for a moment and continue to wherever I was headed.

I think it will be bought by me. But I have a big concern about the costume. Not the tailor but the material. Hot Toys leather costumes has issues. They start peeling after some time of display. Hellboy figure is a good example of this issue.

I'm not bugged by the fact they are inaccurate. I am bothered by the fact that it's an easy fix and they haven't done it. The headphones I mean.

Back