Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did a little digging and a couple others have mentioned its a feature built in to save battery life!! oh joy!

apparently it happens on a couple other figures too. terminator i think someone said?

Oh man, I hate those batteries. I get one photo taken and the the next thing I know, lights out on the helmet. I plan to remove them soon anyway. From what I understand, HT figures with the batteries left in tend to get ruined by them, yes? It's been awhile since I've had a figure, but I think I remember reading that it would be wise to take those out.

Oh man, I hate those batteries. I get one photo taken and the the next thing I know, lights out on the helmet. I plan to remove them soon anyway. From what I understand, HT figures with the batteries left in tend to get ruined by them, yes? It's been awhile since I've had a figure, but I think I remember reading that it would be wise to take those out.
Yes, they are susceptible to corrosion and leaking

I did a really quick photo op with him yesterday. Also, I tend to prefer black and white photography, but strangely enough, I believe this is the first B&W piece I am posting. I think he looks great in B&W.

IMG_3833-Edit-3.jpg

Yes, they are susceptible to corrosion and leaking

Thank you again!

I did a really quick photo op with him yesterday. Also, I tend to prefer black and white photography, but strangely enough, I believe this is the first B&W piece I am posting. I think he looks great in B&W.
IMG_3833-Edit-3.jpg

Thank you again!

You're most welcome. :D
Yeah it looks pretty great in B&W. Nice contrast too. The pose seals it though. You should definitely post more B&W stuff :clap

IMG_3833-Edit-3.jpg

Damn, that is one awesome photo! Love the pose :clap Really enjoying seeing your pics on here - great stuff! :rock

Very nice, sab! :clap

You're most welcome. :D
Yeah it looks pretty great in B&W. Nice contrast too. The pose seals it though. You should definitely post more B&W stuff :clap

Damn, that is one awesome photo! Love the pose :clap Really enjoying seeing your pics on here - great stuff! :rock

:goodpost: Great pic!!!!!

Thank you, really you all flatter me. :blissy

I did this one fairly quick yesterday, but I think tonight I'll try a few more things with the kinetic sand and brick backdrop. I'm running out of pose ideas though. I need more figures!!! :lol

Thank you, really you all flatter me. :blissy

I did this one fairly quick yesterday, but I think tonight I'll try a few more things with the kinetic sand and brick backdrop. I'm running out of pose ideas though. I need more figures!!! :lol

They are really really good, interested to see what you come up with next :)

:lol :lol And I know exactly what you mean by that - I always need new figures. (or at least I think I do!!)

They are really really good, interested to see what you come up with next :)

:lol :lol And I know exactly what you mean by that - I always need new figures. (or at least I think I do!!)

Oh geez... I feel the pressure now. :eek: :horror

:lol :lol

Star-Lord is my only figure as of right now, he's getting lonely, but Mechanic Tony Stark will be joining him within a month's time. :yess:

Now we need to start a 'donate your figures so we can see more pics by Sabrina' drive :rotfl

:clap I'm cool with this. Just PM for my address. :rotfl

I think my favorite figure to ever photograph was the Joker 2.0. He was a fun one for sure.

Though, being forced to use a figure with fewer accessories and facial expressions is testing my creativeness. It's a learning curve, but I'm gaining more knowledge about how to pose, light and such. Oh, and I didn't know how to green screen back then. That's pretty fun!

:clap I'm cool with this. Just PM for my address. :rotfl

I think my favorite figure to ever photograph was the Joker 2.0. He was a fun one for sure.

Though, being forced to use a figure with fewer accessories and facial expressions is testing my creativeness. It's a learning curve, but I'm gaining more knowledge about how to pose, light and such. Oh, and I didn't know how to green screen back then. That's pretty fun!

I'm sure you wouldn't mind :lol
Great sig btw..... Hunter did an amazing job with the set :clap

I figured you all might get tired of the same poster posting? And I don't want to come off arrogant and bragging (I'm really not), I really just like sharing my photos!

Don't be silly, great pics are always appreciated! Share away!

- I always need new figures. (or at least I think I do!!)

You do. Of course you do. We all do

I'm sure you wouldn't mind :lol
Great sig btw..... Hunter did an amazing job with the set :clap

He really did do an amazing job. I'm having so much fun playing with that comic! I still haven't gotten around to painting the walkman though. :slap

Here's the full sig picture...

Just relaxing on the beach during sunset. :)
IMG_3856-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

IMG_3850-Edit.jpg

Tighter shot with the comic.
IMG_3845-Edit.jpg

Bonus B&W shot I did awhile ago.
IMG_3473-Edit-3.jpg

3D printed? That is too cool!

yea its pretty crazy some of the stuff i've made since picking one up. you can do some pretty impressive things on them. mine can do .8 mm resolution (each line of material being less than a millimeter thick) so it gets fine details pretty good. takes forever to print at crazy detail level, but worth it on small stuff. takes a while to get the final product looking right sometimes... like with this, the print is just the starting point and easy part. smoothing, details, painting... that's the time consuming stuff!

Back