Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fan of the dual wield pose, like this
Spoiler Spoiler:

I recently got the Marvel Chess Starlord figure that has a similar pose, so cool
Spoiler Spoiler:

Hey everyone here's my review (finally) of this awesome figure! Thanks for checking it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSgs_6xngBc

:woo :clap

I knew it would get top marks for shelf presence :lol. Those boxes really don't do it for me. I checked it out this morning and I was just really upset. Python sports the slipcase box too, and almost all the other HPP armors have the shoebox type box, I really wish HT would use that more. I guess the whole GOTG line will have those :ohbfrank:

28/30 :horror

Best review yet DA :hi5:

Last edited:
I'm not sure this will help with your problem, but did you read the user manual? I think the jacket is attached via buttons to his belt or pants or something, & you can unbutton it, to let it be more free? Or maybe it's the opposite, & you have to button the jacket back on to where it's meant to be attached, so that it doesn't automatically squish together?
Yeah I knew that was in the instructions but I pretty much ignored it thinking it was already snapped (the instructions say to unsnap them to use the coat closed). So I checked and yep they were unsnapped. It helped a little, not a whole lot but maybe 1/8 of an inch more open now. Thanks for letting me know! The weird thing is it says to unsnap the coat from the belt on the left side, then unsnap from the back. Well my two snaps are both on the right/left sides, a little toward the back, right behind the holsters. I see nothing to attach the back of the coat to anything. Even the picture that it shows about the coat attaching to the back of the belt I cannot even make out what it shows.

:woo :clap

I knew it would get top marks for shelf presence :lol. Those boxes really don't do it for me. I checked it out this morning and I was just really upset. Python sports the slipcase box too, and almost all the other HPP armors have the shoebox type box, I really wish HT would use that more. I guess the whole GOTG line will have those :ohbfrank:

28/30 :horror

Best review yet DA :hi5:

Thanks Brainiac! :hi5: I know 28/30 shocked me too but what can I say, it earned it! I'm also getting more comfortable with the reviews and enjoying them even more! It's a lot of fun to put together

Thanks Brainiac! :hi5: I know 28/30 shocked me too but what can I say, it earned it! I'm also getting more comfortable with the reviews and enjoying them even more! It's a lot of fun to put together

ah yeah, it shows.
So your getting Groot now too, what about Gamora or Rocket?

Ah, Giancarlo too! Starlord brings the custom kids to the yard.

Nice shots brother :clap

These pics are pretty much doing it for me but I'm sure after I watch this again this weekend, I'll be committed to this line (plus my chick is nudging me. She thinks these will be "our" figures :lol)

You seem more comfortable. I enjoyed the review and you gave us a good look at the sculpt. I don't know what the hell is going on but even in the best pics, the Pratt sculpt appears a bit blurry and softish, and none seem to catch the crisp details. Your light on it finally showed the sharpness I was looking for :yess:

Back