Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is nuts. First time ever I am ordering direct from Sideshow and now this. I guess it would be delayed no matter what since every retailer relies on Sideshow anyway. Sideshow really needs to get those re-routed somehow.

Its not a matter of Sideshow rerouting anything, those huge ass container ships come with cargo from HUNDREDS of companies to be delivered to an equally big number of businesses. Theres no just calling the port and having them sent somewhere else, the port they're at is basically the biggest West Coast delivery yard and the majority of all merchandise from anywhere in Asia comes through that port.

Not to mention, all of the Hot Toy figures in the US go through Sideshow. So buying from another US retailer is not going to help at all. If SSC gets pushed back a month, so does everyone else (in the US).

Unless of course you buy from a HK seller on Ebay.

Not to mention, all of the Hot Toy figures in the US go through Sideshow. So buying from another US retailer is not going to help at all. If SSC gets pushed back a month, so does everyone else (in the US).

Unless of course you buy from a HK seller on Ebay.

Yeah and not only the U.S., but Europe and Australia as well. Basically only Asia will be getting anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it seems I'll be picking up star lord and gamora on my trip to Hong Kong at the end of the month. With the labor strike, I'm impatient

Hey, my waitlist for the Star-Lord EX just converted yesterday! :clap I got on the waitlist early August 2014. Perhaps there was a waitlist cancellation from Australia since that's where I ordered from.

Looks like the regular Star-Lord is available to ship to Australia now too. Only thing not really helping right now is the weak Australian dollar, makes collecting more expensive. And, the largest distributor in Australia, PopCultcha, has now increased their prices on some Hot Toys collectibles to make up for the weak exchange rate...

I cancelled yesterday but I'm not from Australia. :p

Got to take a pic and futz him around a bit but I think he actually looks pretty damn good! Can't wait to see how Peter looks in Guardians 2.

88f9acaae1bf0cb47a7ac202a4c1ac88.jpg

Back